Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-23, 05:56 PM  
gigi

I was climbing into bed last night, well early a.m., and realized I had not done my last 25 swings. I stopped my climb into bed and did my 25 KB swings. I plan to do Jasper's total body workout today. Also, did you guys realize you can speed up or slow down a cardio workout in settings on youtube? Sometimes the beginner step is too slow and customizing the playback to 1.5 is perfect. Just an FYI. I will report back after my workout.
Old 07-06-23, 08:26 PM  
gigi

I did Jasper's newest full body workout and it will be part of a 3 x's per week program called Infinity. This program will be great for when I go back to school and must do early a.m. workouts. It was simply a fantastic workout. I liked that he did a little bit of a warm up before mobility. I followed that up with Qi Gong for Deep Sleep. I found it in a play list I had made and it was just what my back and hamstrings needed. I gave KB swings a rest today but will get back to it tomorrow.

I hope you guys have a great rest of the week!
Old 07-07-23, 05:37 PM  
wendug

Jari Love- Get Ripped & Chiseled. This workout still kicks my butt! Jari really fries the arms in this one. The legs are worked in the beginning, but it is the arms that really get worked from all angles. I still had to drop to my 5s to finish the shoulder press portion as the reps and tempo changes went on forever. I did complete all the pushups and pushup pulses on my toes, even after all the chest presses!
Old 07-08-23, 06:50 AM  
buffmama

4 weeks of RipT90Fit Strength rotation done. This week is the first week of Peakfit. I start with Body Rockin Jam to ease myself in. . I think I'm going to alternate a week of Peakfit with a week of RipT90 since one is more cardio and one more strength. I will do 30 min of Peakfit except for the Pure Strength - although I may shorten those by leaving out the arm + shoulder circuit since I think the pull ups and push ups have that covered. RipT90 is longer than Ript90Fit but my doing the Murph training as a warm up I will save time and can move these around a bit based on my schedule.

Angie - Jasper's latest FB series sounds great. I wish I liked swings more. Since my body isn't even it takes a lot of concentration when I do them.

Wendy - Tracie's Step Forward always gets my butt! I wish these were easier to mix in with other workouts, but then the fact that they're so different is what works.
Old 07-08-23, 05:16 PM  
wendug

Oh my upper body is sore today after Jari's workout! I wasn't quite sure what to do for my workout, so I went through the YT channels I have subscribed to and found a workout from 50 Fit- Low Impact/Booty Band Workout. I am pleasantly surprised by this workout! The instructor shows high impact modifications, but she herself does the low impact version. I did the high impact version of the moves where possible (ie. burpees instead of plank step out/step in squat) and got a nice sweat going. The short booty band finisher was a great way to end the workout. I will check out more of her workouts.

buffmama- Good luck with the PeakFits! Body Rockin' Jam is a workout I hope to find while I'm out thrifting. It looks like it would be fun!
Old 07-09-23, 04:30 PM  
buffmama

Wendy - Body Rockin' Jam was never a favorite. I did better with it an expected. Today was Pure Strength 1 and having just talked about Tracie Long I thought the two are similar approaches to working out. 50Fit looks like she has some good stuff.
Old 07-09-23, 05:21 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Get RIPPED! Circuit w/Teresa. So during Covid, Jari Love had RIPPED! instructors film workouts and posted them to YT. However, she ended up removing the workouts and you can't find them on Jari's YT page. But I had saved one of the workouts to my favorites and it remains on the list. So I noticed that the workouts are now listed under "FITNESS PLUS." When I search under Fitness Plus, none of the workouts come up. But if you click on the link in the workout I posted next to the date it was originally streamed, you can see all of the workouts. Confusing, yes! Does Jari not want people to see the workouts? Who knows! But it is working for now.

Anyway...this was a tough workout. Compound moves off the step mixed with cardio. The workout doesn't start until about 8 minutes in, so it is really a bit over 40 minutes in total. The video quality is not good, but the quality appears to get better the more workouts that they do.
Old 07-10-23, 08:34 AM  
buffmama

Peakfit CardioStrength 1 - 3 blocks only (so 6 out of 10 blocks total since they are repeated). It was nice to actually have a cool down/stretch.
Old 07-10-23, 10:59 AM  
gigi

How are you guys liking Peak Fit?

I just finished Jasper's Infinity Workout 2. I love the format of this series. I have a massage today...last part of a gift certificate. Tomorrow I have a mammogram and I get a CT scan of a spot they found on my lungs when they checked me out after my car accident. They asked if I was a smoker and I've never smoked anything. My dear friend's mom passed away and my mom's one year heavenly birthday is coming up on July 20th. I have moments of deep sadness. My sister took off work so we will spend the day together.

I go back to school in 4 weeks. I'm excited for my new adventure but always feel a sense of dread because work, grad school, and the commute is life consuming. At some point, if I stay where I'm at, I will have to think about moving closer to where I work to shorten the commute.

My goal is to workout after some morning quiet and a small breakfast so I'm not waiting until later in the day and things come up. Have a great week!
Old 07-10-23, 05:59 PM  
wendug

Today I did 2 50-Fit workouts- No-Impact Bodyweight (which I upped the impact on some moves) and Fast and Functional Compound Workout. I didn't plan on doing 2 workouts initially, it just kind of worked out that way as I wanted to do a bit more after the first workout.

Buffmama- Yes, it is nice to have a cooldown and stretch after a workout! So many YT instructors have either a separate cooldown/stretch, or it is so quick to not really do much.

Angela- Wow, school is back in 4 weeks! It feels like the school year just ended!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts