Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-29-23, 12:30 PM  
Vantreesta

I forgot to post my workouts yesterday! Not much but the important thing is I showed up! I did day 14 of David O's Fresh Start yoga challenge, but it was just meditation so doesn't count toward workout minutes. Then I did day 14 of Kegel Camp and then this core workout by Dr. Kristie Ennis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiY7...ndex=57&t=279s It was tough and I liked it a lot! I had much more planned but I was too hungry to keep going. Did some decluttering stuff after lunch.

My abs and hamstrings are sore from the foam roller workout.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-23, 06:58 PM  
SandyO

April Thread Weeks 14-17 (4 weeks total)

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=234128
Old 03-29-23, 08:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sandy!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-30-23, 08:11 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I forgot to post my workouts yesterday! Not much but the important thing is I showed up! I did day 14 of David O's Fresh Start yoga challenge, but it was just meditation so doesn't count toward workout minutes. Then I did day 14 of Kegel Camp and then this core workout by Dr. Kristie Ennis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiY7...ndex=57&t=279s
FYI: I found that focusing less (ie. not doing) Bri's pelvic health workouts gave me great results. Pilates and strength work making sure not to increase weights until my entire body could handle it made a world of difference. Doing compound exercises using the whole body and isolated work to increase strength, not neglecting either, was key. I now do jumping jacks and other exercises I wouldn't before. Apparently you can't cue to the pelvic floor and then activate it (phew, that makes me feel better). Current research says it's better to cue to the muscles around it and breath which will then activate or relax the pelvic floor appropriately.
Old 03-30-23, 11:16 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the tips, buff. Everything I'm doing I'm trying to do in alignment with what my PTs have given me. To that end, I should be doing yoga and meditation more often to relax!

Old 03-30-23, 04:51 PM  
Helen

I've given up on March - Autumn only arrived this week - has been an awful hot/humid March - knocked the guts out of my motivation.

I'll re-start STS, and jump into STS 2.0 when it arrived - which will be WELL later than most others.

Thank you Sandy for setting up the thread!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-23, 10:24 AM  
Vantreesta

Helen, sorry March was a bust. I am not looking forward to the heat this summer! But thankfully I workout in the basement so that does help.

Buff, I'm trying to remember, you liked Dr. Bri's Ab Camp, didn't you? I've got that downloaded to try in case she ever takes it down.

Sandy, are you braced for this storm? I heard WI and MI could have blizzard conditions. I think they're saying 3-5" or so for us.

Old 03-31-23, 11:25 AM  
buffmama

Quote:

Buff, I'm trying to remember, you liked Dr. Bri's Ab Camp, didn't you? I've got that downloaded to try in case she ever takes it down.
Vannie - I liked Bri's stuff when I did it but am doing better with mostly whole body workouts. That's why I wanted to chime in the other day. No quick fix but I'm stronger and more flexible. It wasn't that long ago that I got frustrated doing saw! Now on a good day I can roll (maybe not like a ball). And I was doing pilates daily since the lock down.
Old 03-31-23, 11:31 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, buff. I know I should do more Pilates, I just don't really enjoy it. At the moment my abs are probably the weakest they've ever been so I need to be doing more.

Old 03-31-23, 06:56 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Sandy, are you braced for this storm? I heard WI and MI could have blizzard conditions. I think they're saying 3-5" or so for us.
It says 7-12" by morning on one forecast and 4-5" on another forecast, but it's 50 degrees for Sunday, so whatever. I'll shovel minimally, and let mother nature handle it. Plus, it's rain changing over to snow, so it could be more rain/less snow, plus initial snow won't stick. I just look at it as a sick April Fools joke. It will be wet, heavy snow, so I hope no trees on the power lines.