Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-23, 05:22 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Would love some suggestions for mascara.
I have very sensitive eyes but finally found one that I love a few months ago -- Pacifica Natural Beauty Dream Big Lash Extending 7 in 1 Mascara:

https://www.amazon.com/Pacifica-Beau.../dp/B01FIT0Y3U

It has a twist top so you can choose if you want thicker lashes or longer lashes, or you can use both!
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 06:18 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I don't know if I have ever posted in the beauty thread!

I have completely given up on mascara. It smears all over my face no matter what kind I use.

I've started using Limelife by Alcone makeup because i seem to have developed a sensitivity to whatever is in my long standing Mary Kay cream to powder foundation. I'm not sure if I have quite gotten the shade right or not. I use it more as a concealer than anything.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 06:36 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
I have very sensitive eyes but finally found one that I love a few months ago -- Pacifica Natural Beauty Dream Big Lash Extending 7 in 1 Mascara:

https://www.amazon.com/Pacifica-Beau.../dp/B01FIT0Y3U

It has a twist top so you can choose if you want thicker lashes or longer lashes, or you can use both!
Oh I'll have to try this. I've bought some Pacifica skincare products lately and I'm impressed with their clean beauty.
Old 01-06-23, 09:15 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I've been using Sky High because I like the plastic brush wand versus a regular brush wand. All of a sudden it seems clumpier and seems to run out sooner. I've used that L'Oreal white mascara primer in the past and I like it, but it seems like an unnecessary step for a normal day of just running errands, etc.

One thing I will sing the praises of is having my eyebrows microbladed in November. My brows were practically non-existent, and trying to create some that had a decent shape seemed like an impossible and, again, unnecessary task for a regular day. The healing and not getting them wet for 10 days after both the first and second procedures, was a pain in the butt, but worth it in the
I've watched tons of make-up videos on YouTube (including Hot & Flashy), especially during the pandemic. I ended up with tons of lipsticks (although I rarely wear lipstick) and tried lots of other stuff. I'm still getting rid of a lot of it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 01:44 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Oh I'll have to try this. I've bought some Pacifica skincare products lately and I'm impressed with their clean beauty.
I use quite a few Pacifica beauty products -- from their skin care, makeup, haircare and body care lines -- and really like them.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 08:50 AM  
Carol K

Mascara is usually the only eye makeup I use. I always use lengthening mascaras, because my eyelashes are thick, but short. I've been using L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara for the last few years. The brush is weird, but I like it. I only use it on my top lashes, so I don't have a problem with smudging, but once in a while I get a mascara fiber under a contact lens. That's the worst.
Old 01-07-23, 09:05 AM  
fatkat555

For those who are contemplating growing out grey hair, I’m into my 8th month of my grow out. Yes, I have a grombre. I’m so happy to no longer be tied to dye every four weeks. My hair has white/silver streaks around my face with a salt and pepper and darker as it moves to the back with two white streaks on either side of my head underneath. I can’t decide if I’m going to look like a supervillain or not.

I had thinning eyebrows and eyelashes as well, and I heard that castor oil at night helps. It may not work for everyone, but after 6 weeks of consistent use at night my eyelashes and eyebrows are back. I, too, have used the L’Oréal mascara, but now I only use mascara for special occasions. I’ve had major allergic reactions to Maybelline products in the past and agree the formula in the L’Oréal has changed for the worst. Will be watching this thread if someone has another product to try.

Question: what do you ladies use for greying eyebrows? Now that they’ve grown back in, I’m reluctant to pluck them, but the white ones do make the brows appear to be thinning. I’m at a loss because dyeing them will never match my grow out color of my hair.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 09:15 AM  
Carol K

I have very thick, dark brown hair, that I have been coloring since my 30s. My colorist says my hair is white, no salt-and-pepper, just white. So letting it grow out will be a challenge. I'm 65 and plan to work until I'm 70, so I'm going to keep coloring at least until then. My eyebrows are still thick, but no longer grow down to my eyelids or over my nose, so I no longer have to get them waxed. I get an occasional white hair in my eyebrows that I just pull out. I guess if they become more prevalent, I'll use mascara on them.
Old 01-07-23, 12:51 PM  
Gams

fatkat - I use L’Oréal Unbelievabrow on my eyebrows. I have a lot of white in my eyebrows and this stuff covers it well and doesn’t smudge.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 01:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post

One thing I will sing the praises of is having my eyebrows microbladed in November. My brows were practically non-existent, and trying to create some that had a decent shape seemed like an impossible and, again, unnecessary task for a regular day. The healing and not getting them wet for 10 days after both the first and second procedures, was a pain in the butt, but worth it in the
Agree, it was a process but so worth it! I only had to keep mine dry for a day & then I used a gentle cleanser and moisturizer they gave me to keep them from getting dry & scabby.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2023, 2023 beauty, beauty, beauty products, beauty thread, beauty thread 2023, beauty tips, hair products, off topic, off-topic