Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-11-23, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got my dog walk in but nothing else in the evening. DD's BF and his brother came over to try to fix the car but it ended up having to be towed. The power steering went. Hopefully he can get it fixed. Car repairs are so costly. And, my neighbors tend to be a jerks, so we were getting worried about him leaving it in front of our house for too long. I happen to live in the middle of two guys who love their lawns more than life itself (eye roll) and I know they hate when people park in the street. Last year when I was having so much work done on my house, I would sometimes move my car to the street if I knew I had an errand or something to run so I wouldn't have to ask the contractors to move their van to let me out - I know they were perturbed. Sigh

Anyway - today was-

Ellen - Full Body Blast - I can't believe it took me 11 days into the new year to do an Ellen workout, LOL! But, I was missing her this morning so I went for it.

Will aim for a dog walk and perhaps something else later this evening.

Summer Breeze - I'm kinda surprised about Pahla's decision to just post the "shorts" on YT. Is she not posting any new workout content this year? Maybe she needs a break or something. Isn't she working on a book? I was over at her site yesterday (website) and she seems to have some private groups that she runs, but they are expensive like her Goal group is $79/month. I mean, I guess if you were to hire a lifestyle coach or something it would cost more than that...but... I do wonder what direction her channel will go in.

Pat - sounds like you used your yoga time wisely.

Beth - I don't know why I don't do MR more often either. I always enjoy it when I do it.

Waves, Diane. And yes, with social media, etc. you just have to be careful. You never know what nuts you will attract. I can't help but wonder if social media was what drew the Idaho murder suspect to his victims. Not blaming them at all - they just behaved like normal college students - but putting a lot of stuff out there - you just never know who is looking/watching/following.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 09:11 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

I’m patiently waiting for spring. Since I will no longer be caring for Angel every day at 12, we’re planning on some long bike rides and, taking Cooper, our remaining cat, with us on short trips for biking. I’m planning on Niagara Falls, which just opened up this amazing tunnel that’s apparently been closed for years, then Buffalo (a close friend’s daughter lives there) to bike around Lake Erie, and Cape Cod. It’s weird to have our freedom back and I will be honest, I feel guilty…. I know this will pass.

Yesterday afternoon I added a Body Electric abs then a 22 minute Bad Yogi practice

Today’s workouts:
  • Elliptical Interval Workout – Cardio intervals with Upper Body Weight Workouts
  • Sciatica/Piriformis Yoga Stretch

Donna: You’re back to Pahla B – weren't those the workouts that bothered you? There’s so many instructors it’s easy for me to confuse them! I hope the BF’s car is fixed. I really hate cars, probably because I never bothered to learn anything about them – and I’m not about to start! I honestly would be OK living in the city again but it’s so not affordable! Wow – I’m lucky to have wonderful neighbors but we have somewhat clear and strict HOA rules so we all pretty much follow them. BTW – we have the best lawn in the neighborhood, thanks to our landscaper, but I never obsess about it – hell, I welcome neighbors’ dogs to “use” our property. It’s just grass! Social Media – yep, have to be careful. My husband’s last name is pretty unusual and, although I hyphenate the name, we’re easy to find. It turns out that every single person with our last name is a relative. So, with that, I’m just being cautious. I’m brokenhearted for those 4 students in Idaho. They were just being college students but sometimes people put too much out there. I’ve never used the location part of social media, which I think can be somewhat dangerous and attract thieves or predators.

Pat: I missed your injury – I’m sorry! I will scroll back to see what happened and truly hope you’re on the mend. Yes, the Bengals are beautiful but they’re super high energy. We adopted Riley 14 years ago and she had a bad start health-wise. She was found in the middle of a road in Jersey City, NJ, barely 6 weeks old, and spent the next 6 months in a veterinary hospital with various health ailments. Because Bengals are so high energy, she was adopted and returned 3 times until we came along. She was a challenge for sure and, as the Buddhist saying goes, “when the student is ready, the teacher appears”. She was my teacher of PATIENCE! We were constantly trying to find ways to keep her busy and engaged. Thank you for the Owl lesson – they are magnificent creatures. I hear them in the trees here but have yet to see one.

Summer Breeze: Glad to see you’re back to your walking routine after the ankle injury! Yes, it seems my BIL is more relaxed about this nonsense than the rest of the family. We are all concerned for his younger children but they are being watched carefully in school. So sad how insane some factions are in this country.

Beth: I love Margaret’s All My Best and her Classics DVD! I’m going to pull them out! How on earth does your DD deal with TWO BENGALS???? Riley was enough for a lifetime. She was beautiful, incredibly smart but man, what a challenge. But we loved her so much because she was insane, smart, hyper – everything that makes a Bengal makes them lovable I guess!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 09:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Full PT routine
~ My own yoga stretches
~ The resting poses recommended by Toaster/Beth!
~ 4,203 steps

Summer Breeze, nice walk for you! I hope you enjoyed your lunch.

Beth, do you have belly dance experience? I've dabbled a little - Kathy Smith's Flex Appeal is about as far as I got. funny but I love Bellyfit.

Donna, that's too bad about Pahla stripping down her YT offerings. I know you have enjoyed working out with her. I read on the GD that Cee took down a bunch of videos, too.

Aw, Diane what a hard life Kitten riley had before you saved her. I can't stand people who want an exotic pet then dump it. My co-worker is driving to Alabama this weekend to adopt a Japanese Chin that appears to have been burned. Whether deliberate or the dog was in a burning building can't be determined, but he needs a lifetime of care now for his skin and eye and now he will be in a loving home with someone who is adept at nursing sick and elderly dogs.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 10:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sharing Beth's resting poses that she learned in her visit with a yoga therapist. They are for tight hip flexors, and I'm sure they can't hurt a seized up psoas. I spent a few minutes in each last night and slept like a baby.

Legs up the wall with ankle to knee

Supported savasana with "stone henge" propping
Old 01-11-23, 11:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

Pahla B's Body Shaping - Push Strength Day #1

This Pahla workout was from a couple of years ago and Pahla went much heavier with the weights than she has more recently. I enjoyed it!
I may try for a walk today but the gray cold damp weather doesn't call to me.

BETH, great job with All My Best. I always feel MR's workouts and they are effective. I don't know why I can't be more consistent with her. Too many choices I think.

DONNA, aw good luck to DD's bf. I hope it isn't too expensive. My DH used to be the guy who didn't want anyone on our lawn. LOL. I don't think parked cars bothered him but he didn't like when the neighbors let their dogs leave their business on our lawn. From what I gather on fb Pahla is devoting herself to the personal training and her new book.

DIANE, nice job with your workouts. Your biking and travel plans sound lovely and well deserved. Enjoy them. I hope everyone in your family stays safe.

PAT, thanks for sharing those links.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 09:26 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Pat, I have no Bellydance experience whatsoever! Last night was hilarious. I’m kind of tired of doing Kegels for pelvic floor strengthening and thought this might be a fun alternative. Thank goodness no one can see me.

The resting poses look good!

Summer breeze, we’ve had cold weather as well, along with 60 MPH winds today. Ah, the Texas Panhandle and wind, worse than Chicago. No walk for me today. I fell out of my SUV this afternoon, the wind was that strong. Purse contents, everything, spilled on the street… Sigh

I like Pahla’s heavier workouts, good one!

Donna, oh goodness, that would stress me out to have neighbors that are that picky about street parking. They would report me! LOL, we frequently have various vehicles, motorcycles, and golf carts, all parked on our street. We live in a subdivision with a park and trails mixed in, so the kids think they are pretty cool when they sneak off in Dad's golf cart.

The only thing that bothers me is when people don’t pick up behind their pets. My DH used to work for a golf course as a teenager and cuts the grass at diamond angles. I know, it gets obsessive, but he loves the grass.

Diane, the bengals are named Finn and Ollie, both males and extremely affectionate. I’m glad she trained them to let her trim their nails when they were kittens because they are both over 20 pounds now. Finn looks like a white leopard. Ollie is a kitten in my avatar photo. They are both very smart and active, especially at night! When I visit, I wake up at all hours thinking someone is breaking in, and no, it’s just Finn purring loudly and wanting to cuddle. At least I think he wants to cuddle; sometimes he looks at me as if I might make a nice snack. She also has an older Siberian who is very sweet and mostly sleeps all day.

I had another long work day and will probably wrap up practicing Belly Dance Solutions. I also have red dirt in my hair from the wind today so will have to clean up this evening!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-23, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I didn't get an outdoor walk in - I had a training in the afternoon at the time I usually go but I did Jessica Smith's newest 1 Mile Walk & Talk after work. It was a good one! I also added on a 15 minute Yoga Fusion from Body Groove - it was interesting to do yoga poses somewhat freestyle.

Today, had an early appointment with the plumber (just routine maintenance) so I was short on time. I did:

Ellen - Sunrise Stretch

I will add something else in later today at lunch or after work.

Pat -thanks for sharing those poses, definitely looks helpful!

Diane - Pahla does mess me up, but I do sometimes miss her and I find I can do her stuff sometimes, just not all the time and it seems like the strength only ones are ok. I still don't know what it is about her method that messes with me b/c I do the same exercises in other workouts w/out issue.

Beth - I like dance workouts in general, but I'm glad I do them at home w/out an audience! LOL!

Summer Breeze - good job - I like that series that Pahla put out. I have thought about trying to do it and maybe substituting some of the workouts. I was thinking I could do the strength only, the stretch only, the core and sub the cardio. I like working w/ her b/c of her sunny personality.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-23, 09:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Not much to report. Some marching breaks at work and 25 hip cleaners; otherwise rest and massage day. I had a flash of inspiration to incorporate some hip cleaners when I get up for a non-sitting break at work.

Summer Breeze, nice job on your workout.

Beth, belly dance is hard, isn't it? Those isolations are tricky for both body and mind. They make it look so easy.

Donna, the Jessica walk plus Ellen's Sunrise Stretch sounds like a nice combo.

Good morning Diane and anyone who visits!
Old 01-12-23, 10:09 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

It is snowing – light snow, not sticking much thankfully. I like posting my early workouts in the morning then adding my afternoon workout on to the next day, just in case I decide to nap instead of workout again!

Yesterday afternoon: Bad Yogi Stretchy and Soothing Flow

Today’s Workout:
  • Body Electric – Show 1300 – Outer and Inner Thighs
  • Bad Yogi’s Restorative Practice

Pat: Yes, Riley didn’t have it easy. Sadly I tried to contact her rescue in NYC but it seems they are now defunct. How awful about that poor dog – what is wrong with people???? I hope it was not deliberate but my trust in people as far as animals are concerned is pretty low. Bless your co-worker! Hip cleaners – I had to look this up and I never knew rotating the hips like that was called hip cleaners! Great name!

Summer Breeze: I’m so looking forward to some traveling with our bikes. We can take our cat, Cooper, with us. He’s our tripod and he’s such a good boy. Plus he’s on heart meds so I want to make sure I can pill him twice a day.

Beth: Oh my gosh – Ollie is adorable – this breed is just gorgeous, so smart and, in my experience with Riley, very affectionate. Riley hated having her nails trimmed so I had to put a muzzle (more of a mask) on her and clip fast! Afterwards, she would always move up towards my face and rub her muzzle on my cheek. I also got to experience her bad breath close up but that was her sign that she was OK, she didn’t die by the nail clippers! LOL! Siberians are gorgeous as well. Our Wenchie, who we thought was a Maine Coon, actually looked more Siberian. I guess when you rescue, you can only guess visually an animal’s breed. Riley also had a very loud purr, so much so the veterinarians had to cover her nose to stop her purring so they could hear her heartbeat. She was my wild child and I will always love her.

Donna: Good to get your workouts in despite having a busy day! As long as we move, it’s all good!

Have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-23, 10:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

41 minute outdoor walk

I sucked it up and went out into the dampness. I was only going to walk a half hour but I warmed up after a bit and went a little longer. Today is another wet gray day so I'll see what happens.

BETH, nice job on the bellydancing. Oh those winds sound scary. I wouldn't walk in that! I'd be afraid of falling tree branches

DONNA, good job fitting in some exercise when you can on a busy day.

PAT, now I'm curious. I'll have to look up hip cleaners too. LOL

DIANE, MR and yoga, nice combo. And a nap is always a good thing.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote