Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-23, 10:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day. I was pretty good with getting back on track yesterday:

~ Floor PT at home
~ My own yoga stretch
~ GYM for 15 minutes recumbent, pec deck, rear flyes, standing PT, lat pulldowns, core PT, adductor and abductors, leg presses, dumbbell routine for shoulders
~ 4,296 steps

Diane - it's so good to see you, {{{HUGS}}}. I wondered why I haven't seen you on FB. You've been going through so much. You did your best with Riley, and I'm sorry you lost your sweet friend. I'm so sorry your BIL is receiving threats. What is wrong with people these days.

Summer Breeze, your visit has been enjoyable. It's been chilly but walkable (when it's not raining). I missed about your echocardiogram coming back negative, congratulations! Good luck with the rest of them.

Good workouts for you, Donna.

Beth, All My Best sounds like a good idea. I love all the routines on that set. PT is going good - well ... it's no fun but I keep forcing myself. The progress keeps me on task.

Make it a wonderful Moan Day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 10:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - Diane, my son had an amazing owl rescue last month. A barred owl caught in an uncapped chimney. The residents kept hearing scratching sounds. Thankfully, when someone began preparations to make a fire in the fireplace the owl started flailing himself around and they pinpointed the source of the sounds. I put an amazing photo in my profile albums.

http://forum.videofitness.com/album....pictureid=2258
Old 01-09-23, 10:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to work today....ugh.

So far today I accomplished:

Body Groove - January 9th daily workout - this one was on the more mellow side but still a good one to get up and get moving.

Beth/Trifecta Pilates - Align - Magic Circle workout - this was challenging, as are most of the magic circle workouts for me. I did my best though and modified where i needed to.

Later today probably a walk and stretch.

Diane - you did everything you could and you do deserve to get a good night's sleep. I did start sleeping a lot better (for me) once I put Bailey to sleep as I didn't have to get up so often during the night to let her out and/or clean up messes. It stinks but it is part of having animals in our lives.

Beth - I got some e-mail from BG - for a January special. I can see if it still works and send it to you. I felt bad initially about spending money on it b/c I'm not sure how much I'm going to use it - and I hate wasting money like that. But so far I have been fitting it in.

Waves, Summer Breeze and Pat!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 10:09 AM  
donnamp

Pat - thanks for sharing about the owl - we must have been posting at the same time!

Donna
Old 01-09-23, 11:00 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

50 minute outdoor walk

I'm hoping for another walk today while the weather is bearable.

DIANE, good to see you but so sorry for all you've been through. Sending hugs.

DONNA, great job with your workouts. Wow I don't know if I could get through a 55 minute pilates workout. Well done.

PAT, good job getting back on track. I remember your posting that owl pic but it does bear seeing it again. Amazing. Actually all the tests came back normal thankfully.

Waves to BETH.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 08:18 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

The house is extremely quiet. It’s very strange being able to sleep an entire night and not be woken up by poor Riley. I miss her so much – she was the smartest of all our cats - she was a Bengal breed – the Border Collie of cats if you will. This too shall pass. Onward and upward….

Today’s workout:
  • Body Electric Inner Thigh workout
  • Bad Yogi’s 40 minute tension takedown

Pat: Yes, these people are such a small minority but they are insane and violent. I’m usually not one to hide away but as evidenced on January 6th, it’s best to keep a low profile. I’m so hoping they ALL get theirs!
Wow!!!! That gorgeous owl! What amazing work your son does! Are owls dangerous to humans at all? I know their talons can rip us apart but would they intentionally use them on a human being, other than having to protect their young? Just amazing! Mother Nature is just so awesome.

Donna: Good workouts, Donna! I’m assuming the home renovations are done by now – hope you’re enjoying them!

Summer Breeze: Thank you – I’ve missed everyone and the hugs are very much appreciated. I’m a caregiver, always have been – so caring for animals is a natural progression from caring for my grandmother. Feels very strange in our house right now…. Get those walks in – up here, we’re expecting a lot of rain….

Waves to Beth! Have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 09:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to it today....I did get a short dog walk in yesterday. I didn't get anything done in the evening - DD's BF was over. His car broke down in our driveway and it is now sitting there....he is coming over tomorrow to see if he can fix it. I feel bad for him - he doesn't get a lot of support from his family (financial or otherwise) and he finally got a working car and it broke down within a week. Ugh. Anyway....

On to today's workout...

Pahla B - December 5 Day Weight Loss Series - Day # 2- which was all strength. I was missing Pahla and decided to give this one a go. I am still baffled about what it is about her workouts that tweak me. I managed this one fine w/ no tweaks to my back or hip. Maybe it is her cardio workouts? It is definitely strange. I do miss doing her workouts thought -her chattiness cheers me up in the mornings!

Jessica Valent - Beginner Pilates -this is one of her newer workouts. It is similar to her other beginner workouts.

Hopefully will get a walk and something else in later, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-10-23, 09:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! I'm really not ready for yoga classes, but I had purchased a five class pass before the injury and didn't want to waste it before it expired today. I held up pretty good and did some of my mat PT while Char was leading the flow part.

Donna, those circle workouts can be tough. It's a good tool though. What a pita about the BF's car in the driveway but better there than on the road. I was in traffic last night for a car that stopped dead in the middle of the bridge causing a big pileup. I don't know what the outcome was. When I learned the details of the cause it shook me up for hours.

Summer Breeze, hooray on the negative tests! Nice walk there.

Aw, Diane - the Bengals are so beautiful. Owls aren't dangerous to us, they just want to be left alone. However those talons and beaks are not something you want to encounter. They'll only use them against us if we are the aggressor.

Good morning to Beth and have a wonderful day ladies!
Old 01-10-23, 10:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

43 minute outdoor walk

I'm meeting a couple of friends for an early lunch so I hope my motivation doesn't poop out after that. The weather seems to be holding up decently for January *knock wood*. I don't want to jinx anything. LOL

DIANE, aw take one day at a time. It's good you're getting some sleep at least. That sounds like a scary crazy situation your bil is dealing with

DONNA, I favor Pahla's strength work when I do her workouts. A lot of people on fb and yt are disappointed with the turn she's taken on just posting motivational shorts but she has so much content already I guess it should be fine for her regular followers. That's too bad for DD's bf and the car situation. I hope it's an easy fix for him.

PAT, good job making the yoga class work for you.

Hi BETH.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 09:42 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Summer breeze, awesome about your walk!

Donna, so sorry about the BF car, I bet he is embarrassed. That's tough for a teenager.
Nice workout!

Diane, my DD has two bengals, they are quite the handful! Both males.

Pat, good luck with your yoga pass.

Yesterday I managed to get in All My Best, vol 1 and 2. My upper body really felt it this morning! MR is so effective, I don't know why I don't do more of her workouts. I really do enjoy them. I started the beginner Belly Dance Solution last night. I can tell I will have to practice.... a lot. Today I got tied up with work, so I tried to walk around during my meetings.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote