Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-23, 11:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, and happy April from rain soaked CT. It's been pouring cats and dogs! Yesterday:

~ An old Body Electric episode
~ Kassandra's Evening Yoga for Flexibility & Relaxation
~ 4,838 steps

Donna, yay on setting your retirement date on the planner! Your Pilates workouts sound interesting. I find sports specific routines to be helpful even if you don't do that sport - they usually have really good core and/or leg strengthening or stretching.

I remember all those tests you had Diane. My co-worker had a mild heart thing after his vax 2 and his doctor said it could also be related. In his case it was actually a blessing in disguise because they found a 70% blockage nobody even knew about. You are my strong woman hero, flipping king size mattresses even if you do need a hand!

Good morning to all who visit today!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 05:12 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I did a Jenny Ford walk today - South Dakota and a Pilates practice (intermediate) with Jessica Valant.

DH and i are headed upstate NY this week - well, the early part of the week, anyway. My friend's DH passed away after a battle with cancer.

As you said, Diane, it does make you stop and appreciate the present much more.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 05:20 PM  
amoodygirl

Donna - my condolences on the loss of your friend’s DH.

Safe travels {{{ Hugs }}}

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 08:58 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous – 70 degrees. After finishing inside housework, I cleaned the porch out – windows, floors, chairs. Today is back in the 20s. Honestly, Mother Nature, why are you messing with us????

Today’s workout:
  • Treadmill Run
  • Yoga with Kassandra – day 1 of new rotation (I’m a day behind)
  • I may add Kassandra's day 2 this afternoon so I can catch up!

Pat: Good workouts and steps, Pat! We got rain but nothing major. LOL – a king sized mattress is such a pain but we needed it because of all the animals that wanted to sleep with us. Now it’s just one but I love having all the room. And one day there will be more animals – just not yet. I need a break to heal my heart.

Sending hugs out to Donna for the loss of her friend’s DH. And, yes, we must stop and enjoy every moment as the next one is never a guarantee. {{{ Hugs }}}

Waves to everyone visiting! Have a great Sunday!

Diane
Old 04-02-23, 10:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

MR Body Electric #1911 and #1912

Another nice workout with MR. The Body Electric episodes seem a little on the easier side so I like to combine 2 of them when I can. I still like the All My Best workouts but for the sake of variety I mix it up. It's howling winds out there again today and I have family coming for dinner so I may not have time/energy to work out today.

PAT, you're keeping up consistently with your routine. Nice job. Oh that's frightening about your friend's blockage being found after the vax. You never know.

DONNA, sorry to hear about your friend's DH. I hope you find a schedule that meets your needs in workouts and life in general.
4 years and 9 months to go. I like it.

DIANE, you're getting some good spring cleaning done. It's just too overwhelming for me to contemplate right now. Those king size mattresses are beasts. We have one but when DH passed I moved downstairs into DS' old room. Just easier for me to handle right now. Good workouts.

I'm stil battling some tough insomnia issues. Again Friday night I was wide awake until 5 am. Ugh.

Waves to all.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 08:45 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday I did 80 kettlebell swings after dinner. It was a busy day and I was tired but I wanted to do something. Hopefully better things ahead for today.

Waves to all.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 09:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My catch up:

Sunday:

Jessica Smith - 15 Min Fat Blaster DVD - Dance Walk
Jessica Valant - Beginner Pilates
Dog Walk

Monday:

Jessica Valant - Hip Assessment - Interestingly, I was able to do everything pretty well. I only struggled with those side lunges (Ellen calls them dancer lunges). I don't think I have the inner thigh flexibility to do those. I also did notice that my lower legs - ankles in particular seem to be less mobile than I thought.

Jessica Valant - 12-12-12 workout - this was 12 min cardio, 12 min weights, 12 min Pilates - a little bit of everything.

Jessica Valant - Beginner Hip Stretches/Mobility.

We are heading out of town to go to my friend's husband's funeral. It is so sad. He just turned 56. He had been battling cancer for 2 years. I'm worried for my friend and how she is going to cope. We don't live close to each other and at times like this I wish we did. I am hoping we can get together for a longer time later this year.

Anyway - I will be back Wed. It is going to be a rough few days w/ a long car ride and a lot of emotions in between.

Summer Breeze - my insomnia and anxiety have been pretty bad lately. I do think some of it is the season - I always feel kind of on edge in the spring for some reason. I enjoy the warmer temps, etc. but something about the extra light seems to set me off - I really blame DST -I think that abrupt switch is hard for me to cope with. Plus I think peri-meno/meno in general has made it hard for me to sleep and has made me more anxious.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 10:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day, sigh! First thing I got a call from DS, "First of all I'm okay …." Mom violins start screeching in my mind …. "But I was in a four car pileup yesterday and need some advice." He got out of it alright other than having wrenched his back and waking up with sciatica. It could have been a lot worse, and his Subaru is totaled. The woman at the rear of the pileup was - wait for it - looking at her phone.

Now that my nervous breakdown is over, here's my report:

Monday:
~ Kassandra's Flexible Body, Flexible Mind challenge Day 1
~ GYM for 15 recumbent, chest press, military curls, leg presses, seated rows, tricep kickbacks and core PT
~ PT stretches for April hips challenge
~ 6,805 steps

Tuesday:
~ K's FBFM challenge day 2
~ Jessica Valant 5 Minute Back & Hip Stretches for April hips challenge
~ Walked one lap around the community track
~ GYM for 15 recumbent, pec deck, lat rows, leg curls, military press, leg extensions, lat pulldowns and upright PT
~ 6,681 steps

I'm very much enjoying Kassandra's new challenge. Today was ho hum but days 1 and 2 had really nice sequences for a ten minute routine.

Donna, how sad about your DS's husband, 56 is such an untimely age. I hope you have safe travels to NY and back.

Diane, wow about 70 degrees! I kind of dread seeing the temps go above 60 with summer coming.

I hope you enjoyed your visit Summer Breeze. It sure has been blustery - I saw NJ actually had tornadoes or a tornado threat and thought of you.

Good morning to anyone who visits today!
Old 04-03-23, 11:47 AM  
amoodygirl

Happy MOANday everyone!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. We have one more NCAA game tonight and then it’s purely baseball until football starts. Can you tell we are a sports-minded? Kassandra’s Day 2 word of the day is “Dream”. I’ve always been a dreamer and have always had major wanderlust. My DH – not at all. We would have never moved to California if it weren’t for my urging. MIL hated me for that but we had to live our lives. We did what we were supposed to – received good educations, had good jobs – the rest was up to us. I had to keep reminding her this was OUR lives, not hers. I’ve always subscribed to the notion about the “tribe” – that the tribe will try to make one maintain the status quo. That wasn’t for us. Anyway….

Today’s workout:
  • Treadmill Run
  • Pushups
  • Yoga with Kassandra – day 2 (never got to it yesterday)

Summer Breeze: I’m so sorry about your insomnia. I think as we age this becomes commonplace and I so hate it. I hope you are able to get back into a good sleep rhythm.

Good MR workouts and kettlebell swings! Spring cleaning is a huge pain but must be done. I have about 3,000 books that I’m determined not to take with us on our next (and possibly final) move. I say possibly final because we thought this house would be it. Nope. But only after living up here for over 5 years did I realize it was a mistake. Onward and upward.

Donna: Good workouts. I’m sure they are some help in dealing with your grief and worries about your friend. Geez, 56 is far, far too young. I hope he is at peace. Grief is awful and I hope your friend finds some peace as well. I’m so, so sorry. Safe travels and be well.

Pat: OMG – thankful that your DS is OK. The problem with phones is epidemic. I can’t tell you how many times I look in my rear view mirror and panic that the person behind me will slam into me. Drives me insane but these offenders have a lot of bravado. They just don’t seem to care about anyone else but their own needs.

Yep – 70 degrees and today will be about 60 so I’m cleaning up the yard before our landscaper starts his routine. I dread summer temps as well – not so much the temperatures but the humidity. I need to go west, that’s all there is to it. I’m also enjoying Kassandra’s new challenge!

Hi to Beth and Debbie! Have a great start to the week!

Diane
Old 04-04-23, 08:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! I was sore from gym and my standing PT exercises yesterday, therefore kept it simple:

~ K's FBFM challenge day 3
~ Full home PT minus upright exercises
~ 3,176 steps

The word for day 3 was Silence. Instead of watching TV after work I read, and also went to bed earlier than usual.

Diane, I was a little uncomfortable with the day 2 suggestion to write a letter to yourself 10 years from now. I'll be 75! My forward thoughts to that time are mostly fearful (will I be alone? will I be financially secure? etc.) so I started a discussion on the FB page and there was a lot of insight there. I love your story about moving to CA. How about UCONN, yay!

DS is very sore and got an ortho referral. Right now he's dealing with the aggravation of insurance claims and finding a new car in today's economy. I hope this woman is contemplating all the misery she caused for the innocent people in the other vehicles.

Waves to all! It's a beautiful day here, and I hope it's a great day where you live, too.