Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-06-23, 10:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ Full PT routine
~ One of Bird's 15 minute bedtime practices
~ 4,222 steps

I have seriously got to get some upper body training going on here. I've been very lazy there.

Beth, I hope you get your walking weather.

Donna, walks in the rain can be fun. I hear of so many dogs who won't go out in the rain but I bet it's not a problem for labs, in general.

Good morning to Summer Breeze and TGIF!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 02:10 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good afternoon, happy weekend! Yesterday I was very tired all day and tried Kassandra's latest after work, so:

~ Kassandra 10 Minute Morning Full Body Stretch
~ 4,535 steps

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Old 01-08-23, 11:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ Kassandra's 10 Minute Chakra Meditation
~ 10 Minute Morning Stretch - Energy Boost

~ GYM for 15 minutes recumbent, leg presses, standing portion of PT; abductor and adductors, upper body weights
~ 5,345 steps

It felt good to get some upper body strength done. I vow not to be such a mope in the weeks ahead.

Waves everyone! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 01-08-23, 12:20 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

41 minute outdoor walk

My friend is visiting from out of state so she and I and another friend walked then went to lunch and spent the afternoon together.
It was fun. Hoping to get out for another walk today. DS and his gf got engaged over the New Year. I'm very happy for them.

PAT, good job getting some upper body work done and your other routines.

DONNA, nice workouts. All the tests came back normal thankfully.

BETH, nice Cathe workout. Did you order her new series? I hope you can get out to walk too.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 01:00 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see..where did I leave off?

Saturday -

Trifecta Pilates - Day # 6 of the Align challenge which was a full 55 minute class. I was then pretty lazy for the rest of the day other than housework. But, I am actually a tiny bit sore in my core/abs from this workout which was a surprise b/c it was labeled as "restorative"!

Sunday -

Lively Ladies - Fun Sweaty Cardio Workout (from 1/6)
Lively Ladies - Relaxing Cool Down and Stretch

I do enjoy the LL workouts....and the cool downs.

I may try to motivate myself to walk my dog today - I mean, I should, LOL!

Summer Breeze - that is great news about your tests and your DS getting engaged!

Pat - Nice work on the upper body - strength workouts are the hardest type for me to fit in.

Waves, Beth!

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 03:09 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

Long time, no post - just a quick update on everything.

We had to say goodbye to our Riley girl this morning. She went peacefully and quickly in my arms.

To say these last couple of months have been difficult is an understatement. We tried everything, absolutely everything, to get her feeling better, to get some weight back on her but it was all to no avail. When we adopted her 14 years ago, at her healthiest, she was about 14 pounds. This morning she weighed in at 5.7 pounds - and only because we managed to get a little weight on her. That gave us some false hope. She spent her days walking around screaming, yowling and that included nights as well. She literally would eat up to 10 cans of food a day but she was always starving.

We had test after test done and everything came up negative so we will never know exactly what was medically wrong with her. It has been a hellish few months.

I also had to deactivate my Facebook account because of my last name as my brother-in-law is the NY State Supreme Court judge on a very high profile case and he has had threats posted on social media. We were advised to try to keep a low profile until the case goes to trial later this year. My husband said to just drop the married name off my accounts so I may do that. If anyone wants any info on this, message me privately.

I have missed everyone but, when things get difficult, I become laser focused on the problem until it is solved. I had hoped my determination would have had a better outcome with Riley.

I hope to get a good night's sleep tonight and get back to regular workouts and posting. Hope you all are doing well.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 03:18 PM  
donnamp

Diane - it is good to see you, I'm sorry about Riley. Interestingly about 10 or so years ago, I had a cat with a similar problem - he was wasting away but eating...they never did figure it out for him either. It is a very hard time. ((HUGS))..

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 03:51 PM  
amoodygirl

Thank you, Donna. I so appreciate the hugs.

It was very, very weird and sounds like something similar to your cat. Had she been younger, I would have taken her to a veterinary gastroenterologist and had an endoscopy done. I still suspect there was a cancer somewhere in her little body that just hadn't made itself obvious. Our vet tried EVERYTHING - we kept trying so many kinds of medications, foods, probiotics - you name it. I'm convinced she gave us a couple more years with Riley. Sigh..... it just never gets easier.

Diane
Old 01-08-23, 10:12 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to Summer breeze! I think you asked about the new Cathe series. I have been streaming her site, so I should be able to access the new program when it's released. I hate to invest a lot in DVDs these days as I barely seem to finish a program. Although, I did complete STS twice, but that was back in my 40s.

Pat, you’ve been busy. Great workouts! How is your PT coming along?

Donna, can I ask how you got the great deal on Body Groove streaming? I checked their website and it seemed fairly expensive. Maybe I was looking at the wrong thing.

Diane, I am so very sorry to hear about Riley. A few years ago we went through something similar with our older Vizsla. In our situation, we believe most likely it was cancer.

Well this weekend, I have done.... nothing. We had contractors in and out, and I lost my workout and craft room to clutter months ago. These days, it seems I work out where ever I can find a good spot! I think tomorrow will be a good Margaret day, maybe All My Best.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 08:35 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone,

I had a good night's sleep, better than I had in months but I do have to say I feel guilty saying that. I'm going through the normal grieving process, as I had with my other animals, and still feel like I came up short somehow. I always think I could have done more. I think I would have been a very depressed veterinarian if I had chosen that path! Anyway....

Today’s Workout: Getting back into it slowly!
  • Step Interval workout: Using one of Jenny Ford’s step workouts, did an interval of stepping, followed by pushups then dead rows.
  • Bad Yogi’s 20 minute Total Body Power Yoga

I'm still taking care of Angel, my friend's dog until the end of January. His partner is retiring in April and they are able to work from home a couple of days a week each. I have been caring for her for over a year and it's time for us to have our time to ourselves. It was a hard decision but we're not getting any younger!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! Happy to be back!

Diane