Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-23, 11:04 PM  
Leonana

Sunday no workout, I guess I needed a rest day. Monday was my usual three hours of walking at work, then an hour of yard work. Today after work (and a nap!), I did Jessica’s Total Body Timesaver from the Metabolism Booster dvd.

I had a successful grocery pick up at Walmart yesterday. I only waited ten minutes. It wasn’t as busy, so that was nice. They do a good job fulfilling my order.

Donna, sorry to hear about your DD’s bf’s car. My dh can fix cars, which has been a big money saver over the years. Although, it’s tiring when work is busy.

Pam, glad the weather was good for your hike. The Denise Austin shoes sound nice. I got some Sketchers for work and they are so comfortable.
Old 01-11-23, 08:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got my dog walk in but nothing else in the evening. DD's BF and his brother came over to try to fix the car but it ended up having to be towed. The power steering went. Hopefully he can get it fixed. Car repairs are so costly. And, my neighbors tend to be a jerks, so we were getting worried about him leaving it in front of our house for too long. I happen to live in the middle of two guys who love their lawns more than life itself (eye roll) and I know they hate when people park in the street. Last year when I was having so much work done on my house, I would sometimes move my car to the street if I knew I had an errand or something to run so I wouldn't have to ask the contractors to move their van to let me out - I know they were perturbed. Sigh

Anyway - today was-

Ellen - Full Body Blast - I can't believe it took me 11 days into the new year to do an Ellen workout, LOL! But, I was missing her this morning so I went for it.

Will aim for a dog walk and perhaps something else later this evening.

Pam - nice job with the walks, hikes, etc. Do tell about the DA shoes...

Sherry - glad the grocery pick up was successful!

Waves!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 12:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I finished up my TM walk in the Lake District series with Alex. He also has one in the South of France, which I just began. I've been doing lots of walking this month, but very little strength training. So hard to fit everything in that I like.

Today I have the HSN TSV Denise Austin shoes on and they were comfortable right out of the box. They fit great, but there are a few bad reviews because the tongue of the shoe is attached so it's difficult to get your foot into. All they have to do is loosen the laces a little bit and it's fine. I like the slip-on Pheba Mary Jane's for comfort, too! Neither of these shoes are the most attractive I've ever had, but they are so functional and cushion-y. I have been wiping off the bottoms of both shoes each day, because they are white and pick up everything off the floor. I want them to say nice and look clean so will wear indoors only...for now.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 10:40 PM  
Leonana

Nothing today but walking at work and some housework.

Donna, that’s too bad about your neighbors. They would hate my dh, he parks his work van in our driveway or on the street. It’s not against city ordinances, so no one complains. If you aren’t breaking any rules, I’d park wherever you like, and your neighbors can lump it. Boy, that would be annoying, I feel for you.
Old 01-12-23, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I didn't get an outdoor walk in - I had a training in the afternoon at the time I usually go but I did Jessica Smith's newest 1 Mile Walk & Talk after work. It was a good one! I also added on a 15 minute Yoga Fusion from Body Groove - it was interesting to do yoga poses somewhat freestyle.

Today, had an early appointment with the plumber (just routine maintenance) so I was short on time. I did:

Ellen - Sunrise Stretch

I will add something else in later today at lunch or after work.

Pam - thanks for sharing about the shoes!

Sherry - we don't have an HOA or anything, just cranky neighbors. It certainly wasn't our plan or DD's BF's plan to have power steering fluid leak all over the place. They tried to clean it up but I think we need a good rain to get rid of the rest of it.

Waves!

Donna
Old 01-12-23, 03:46 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Rainy weather today caused our outdoor hike to be cancelled, so back on the treadmill in Iceland and New Zealand. The Iceland one ended with beautiful falls, but was challenging with power walking intervals throughout. New Zealand was a nice stroll through the woods, with the guide pointing out various plants and trees. After this I did the Upper Body premix from KCM Start Here workout. All good stuff.

Was up early today for the fridge/freezer repairman being called back to diagnosis a clicking issue coming from one of the circuits inside the ice maker apparently. He had to run back out to get a part that he didn't have on his truck, so he was here about 90 minutes. Sleepy.

Have a good one everyone!

April Focus:
Old 01-12-23, 11:19 PM  
Leonana

Regular walking at work. Then Jessica’s Total Body Short Circuit 5. Then I did the Mobility Stand Up+ Stretch.

We have Monday off for MLK Day. Back one week, then another holiday. Works for me!

Donna, car leaks are hard to avoid sometimes. My dh had a work truck that constantly leaked oil in the street. I was glad when he sold it.

Pam, good job getting your walks in.
Old 01-13-23, 10:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday at lunch I did Ellen's Cardio Barre and then after work a short dog walk and then i tried the first day of Adriene's new yoga program. I enjoyed Adriene's practices, but for whatever reason, I am not drawn to her as I once was. I used to use her stuff regularly back in the day. I think she became more serious and less playful or something...Anyway, I may do more of the program or not...we shall see.

Today, so far:

Lively Ladies - Total Body Strength (from 1/9/23)
Jessica Valent - Full Body Stretch and Release

I'm a bit short on time today! We are going on a quick trip this weekend to visit family - so will probably miss checking in here for a few days. At least it is a 3 day weekend so I'll have time to recover.

Hope everyone has a good day and weekend!

Donna
Old 01-13-23, 08:09 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did a treadmill workout in Carcassonne, France with Alex today! It was neat seeing the Old Town and also the castle.

I got in the mood to bake this morning, so made oatmeal cookies with nuts & raisins. So good! I should make a healthier version instead of the sugar/butter combo, but DH would never eat them if they didn't have the "real" recipe ingredients.

We went to an estate sale afterward and came home with some Poe and Hawthorne critical essay books. Tomorrow might be a good furniture score, closer to Boston so we'll head out again!

Enjoy the evening and weekend!

April Focus:
Old 01-14-23, 12:42 AM  
Leonana

This evening was Jessica’s new Walk and Talk, then Improved Health Gentle Standing Exercises to Gain Strength and Improve Balance.

Donna, I hope you have an enjoyable trip.

Pam, the cookies sound delicious. Not quite the same, but I made dinner last night, roast and mashed potatoes. We had leftovers tonight. It was pretty good. We didn’t have dessert, so I think I’ll make something tomorrow.