Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-14-23, 08:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Outdoor Walk - 45 minutes

That's it!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-23, 09:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Standing Pilates Workout - 30 minutes

I enjoyed this one, but was tired when I finished it. Not sure I've done it before.

Carol
Old 01-16-23, 09:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Improved Health - Low Impact Cardio & Strength - Part One - 35 minutes

I think Jules posted this workout this morning. I liked it - it was a bit more work than the previous cardio workouts from her that I had done. This was about 20 minutes of cardio followed by 10 minutes of lower body strength work, some moves with weights and some without. Looking forward to the Part Two workout being released.

Carol
Old 01-17-23, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up after the long weekend....

Saturday - Rest day

Sunday -

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - New Year Workout (12 min cardio, 12 min weights, some arm and ab work on the floor);

Blessful Body - 8 Min routine (I signed up for her site again, it was $1 for 21 days, I will probably cancel before I get charged full price which is $24/month which is a bit high!)

Monday -

Be Healthy Enough - 3-2-1 Strength Cardio and Core - this was done as 3 strength exercises, 2 cardio exercises, and 1 standing core exercise done in a circuit. I haven't done many of the workouts from this site, but it is funny b/c I think I did THIS one before. What are the chances of picking one you have already done? She reduced the price of her membership to $19/month, but I got a special discount, I went to cancel and she offered me a half price month so I kept it for one more month. I like her stuff, but it isn't anything special and there are similar workouts on You Tube. She is for the Over 50 crowd so she focuses more on low impact - and doing things that help w/ aging like weight training, balance work, etc.

Blessful Body - Hip Strength & Mobility

Tuesday -

Be Healthy Enough - 40 Min Tabata Style Cardio - this was low impact, she did a series of 4 exercises, I think done for 20 seconds each in 4 circuits. Something like that. There was a lot of repetition, but b/c you only did any one thing for 20 seconds it didn't seem repetitious, if that makes sense. The time did fly and everything was low impact and joint friendly

Blessful Body - Peaceful Stretch

I did sign up for another 21 day Pilates challenge with Emma from ePilates. I may do Day # 1 later today after a dog walk.

I'm in a bit of a workout slump/phase where nothing is really appealing to me right now - kinda bored with what I have been doing but having a hard time figuring out what to do.

Hope everyone is doing well. I took today off as an extra day to decompress and recover from travel.

Nice workouts, Carol - sorry to abandon you for a few days!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-23, 09:23 AM  
buffmama

Just a quick drive by to recommend MVMT with Cailin if you like programs. I did not do her current one but have done all the others and noticed improvements in my practice. Sadly my favorite one is no longer there - it was filmed outside in South Caroline - but there are 3 practices from it with the subtitle The Mountains are Calling.
Old 01-17-23, 10:02 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Buffmama - she is on my list "to try". I think I saw those S. Carolina videos at one point. Should have done them when I had the chance.

Does she have a paid service? I'm thinking that is the only reason for moving content off You Tube (other than music copyright violations, etc.)

Donna
Old 01-17-23, 09:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Improved Health - Beginner HIIT Workout - 25 minutes

I enjoyed this one, sort of. It didn't exactly move with the beat, and things like that tend to drive me nuts (and as my son says these days that isn't a very long drive at all). But, it was okay and it didn't seem to last forever like HIIT videos can feel.

Donna - I know what you mean! I'm kind of bored with what I'm doing. I noticed that Margaret Elizabeth has a January challenge playlist that I might explore and Annie has a 30 day challenge from June that looks interesting - but maybe I need to go back to Amy's site and check it out more thoroughly.

Carol
Old 01-18-23, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday I got a dog walk in and then did Day # 1 of ePilates 21 day challenge. It was an ok Pilates routine, nothing special. I just enjoy sampling the free challenges to see if there is anything out there that I'm missing. Which reminds me, I signed up for Lee Holden's challenge and need to start it.

Today, so far:

Karen Voight - Ballet Sculpt - nothing on the streaming platforms grabbed me today so I went into the DVD collection. This was a good one, I think I'm going to feel it later. Abs, butt, hamstrings, especially. Doing this one also highlighted that I need to work on my flexibility some more!

Will get a walk in later, the weather looks good.

Carol - I wonder if part of our problem is having too many choices! I like Amy's stuff well enough, but there is enough on You Tube that I find to be similar. I'm glad that she reduced her price, not to be critical of her, but her stuff isn't very polished and $30/month seemed high. She is charging $20 or so per month now. I like her approach/philosophy though.

I have been wanting to try one of Annie's programs - i think they can be helpful with the aches and pains and function.

Donna
Old 01-18-23, 08:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Fab & Fit Over Forty with Rhoda - January 2023 Program - Day 1 - 30 minutes

Not a bad weight workout - 6 sets of trisets, if that makes sense. 45 seconds of lifting on each exercise, followed by 15 seconds of rest, with 30 seconds of rest in between trisets. The last set of exercises was on the floor. The sound on these isn't great, and she films in her living room. You can see jackets laying on the back of the couch. Sounds like my house.

Donna - I guess you could be right. It certainly gives us the opportunity to be picky when there are so many choices.

Carol
Old 01-19-23, 09:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night i did Day # 1 of Lee Holden's challenge. I don't think I have the patience for Qi Gong, honestly. I like the little bits of inspiration from that discipline in Classical Stretch/Essentrics, but I don't think I would be consistent with a regular Qi Gong practice - although maybe my impatience with it is a sign I need it, LOL! I do like his 7 Min of Magic DVD though. It is just long enough 7 min or 14 min if you do the slower practice.

I also did take my dog for a walk for "lunch".

Today, so far - I'm finding myself on a Karen Voight kick....

- Quick & Slim Cardio - this is a typical KV cardio workout - it has an elegant feel to it while you do some kickboxing and athletic inspired cardio

- Full Body Stretch - slow stretch section. This is filmed at a ranch in Montana and is worth it for the scenery alone.

I checked out KV's website, she is 68 I believe and looks amazing. She offers live classes and downloads at the cost of $12 - $15 per class. One day I may try one.

It looks dreary today so probably no outdoor walk. Will try for some other activity throughout the day though.

Carol - I have been looking at that play list....maybe when I come out of the KV rabbit hole, which can be any time. LOL!

Donna

Tags
pilates, wall pilates