Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-23, 03:52 PM  
counterclockwise

The pace of that LB workout and those premix lengths look good.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 04:12 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Clip for STS 2.0 Lower Body 1:

https://youtu.be/Eoa7ygK8-OI
I know this is a lower body workout...but I was just looking at Al's arms . Off to rewatch clips!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 04:50 PM  
fitgirl-atx

It's been a while since I have posted, but I'm getting excited for STS 2.0 after seeing the clips. As I age, I have added alot more joint mobility, recovery, and yoga workouts to my routine. I am so glad that Cathe incorporated those elements to complement strength training. Cathe and crew look amazing (as always), and I'm really looking forward to these soon!

Laugh Often. Love Unconditionally. Live Beautifully.
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos. I have also appeared as a cast member in a fitness DVD series. For details, please see my profile.
fitgirl-atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 09:12 AM  
Lannette

I was hoping for some UB premixes in the 30 min range but I’m still excited about this set.

These days Cathe’s premixes usually include warm-up & cooldown. Since I put several short workouts together for my workouts I should be able to eliminate either warm-up or cooldown depending on where I put a premix in my workout.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-23, 12:37 PM  
ChelePA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svNkr1kC1H8

Standing Abs
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-23, 01:01 PM  
Lannette

My old smartbells will work well with this workout.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 11:42 AM  
TracyQ

Can you believe I’m still on the fence about these? I’m so indecisive. One day I want them the next I’m meh….I really like the look of the workouts, but I have shoulder issues and have to be really careful with upper body. I probably won’t use the standing abs, Yoga and Mobility workouts.

I may just purchase the leg workouts…but have FOMO about the rest.

I love Cathe’s workouts and recently purchased her barbell. Today I feel like I should just take the plunge on the whole set.

Is anyone else still on the fence or am I the only one?

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 01:46 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Can you believe I’m still on the fence about these? I’m so indecisive. One day I want them the next I’m meh….I really like the look of the workouts, but I have shoulder issues and have to be really careful with upper body. I probably won’t use the standing abs, Yoga and Mobility workouts.

I may just purchase the leg workouts…but have FOMO about the rest.

I love Cathe’s workouts and recently purchased her barbell. Today I feel like I should just take the plunge on the whole set.

Is anyone else still on the fence or am I the only one?
A little bit. I preordered but have been unsure, and know I could still cancel.

One thing I’m not sure about is how much I will have to substitute. I don’t want the bars as it would only be for tricep dips, and I also don’t have wall brackets for bands. Will I be satisfied with the workouts with the subs that are shown, or will I have to figure out something else?

I bought this because I think it will be good for me for something different for a while, but I’m hoping I won’t be frustrated with the built-in constraints of DVD, doing the exact rest breaks or having to pause for longer rests to be able to go heavier, or pause for set-up. I am counting on the workouts being well planned and sequenced, and it doesn’t bother me to skip some shoulder sets if I feel it’s too much, or sub a few exercises. just am not sure if I will be too annoyed at following along and feel it wasn’t worth it when I could do the same thing on paper with better music of my choice. But that is my own issue; I think the clips look good and I trust Cathe to do a good job with the workouts.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 09:46 PM  
bjones

I was impressed after seeing the wall anchors in the previews and then the door band anchor video by Jen (from the product page) and sprung for this door anchor on amazon. I can already see all kinds of exercises I can do with it to help my posture with my various bands. Its just like Cathe's but free shipping. I think it will come in very handy with a lot of the UB exercises. It can be adjusted to any height putting it in my door at home. Works great.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089VTJL42...t_details&th=1
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 10:06 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I don't have a door in my exercise room (basement) where I normally workout. And, I'd have to be near a DVD player & TV to view the program. It might be a hassle if I have to rig up another setup to make this work.

When I was doing PT for my frozen shoulder well over a year ago, I had the door anchor in my MBR, with the bands attached. That worked fine because I was doing exercises I'd done and knew from PT. It won't be ideal if I've began the STS 2.0 workout in basement, then have to take DVD to 2nd floor to do band exercise, then return to basement to finish things up. Not that I know what order wall anchor exercises will be done in. ;-)

The workouts themselves look great, as do the shorter premixes.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar