Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-01-23, 11:15 PM  
Vantreesta

Total Max Mixers April 2023

Today all I did was day 1 of Yoga with Kassandra's new 30 day morning yoga challenge, my toe yoga and some stretches for my neck and tennis elbow.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 07:42 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical + 15 minutes of yoga. Friday's workout was RwH Back, Shoulders & Biceps + a walk with DH.

Vannie - Thanks for getting us started for April. I would have forgotten!

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 08:12 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started Vannie. I accidentally posted yesterday in the March checkin, of course.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 08:59 AM  
Vantreesta

I posted in the March thread first too then remembered.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-03-23, 12:11 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was RwH Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + 30 minutes on the elliptical. Doing RwH reminded me why I love Cathe. Can't wait for STS 2.0.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
Old 04-03-23, 07:35 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff, RWH is one of my all time Cathe favorites. Great series!

A bunch of us from our running group ate going to do a 10 K in about 3 weeks so I am doing a lot of running. Tonight was 50 minutes on the treadmill. Wanted to run with 2 friends in am but they are starting at 0445. Nope!!
Old 04-04-23, 08:58 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk with DH+ 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy
- 4:45 is a tad early to be awake enough to run!

Can you believe we will be in the 80s for the next couple of days? Where did spring go?!

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 04-04-23, 12:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did day 2 of Kassandra's new Flexible Body challenge, day 14 of the Human 2.0 Fitness Movement challenge, day 1 of Dr. Melissa Oleson's new Core & Pelvic Floor challenge, 2.01 mi run intervals for Just Run Zero to 5k, and Yoga for Runners post-run practice with Matt Giordano. It felt good to finally run again after not running since October. I had to fins a new training app to use and I don't like it as much but it's okay. Zen Labs now charges for their 10k training app that I have been using for many years. I could still use the 5k one for free but since I want to continue on I found the Just Run app to try.

We were at my father-in-law's over the wknd so we didn't get to enjoy the 6" of snow that fell here at home on Saturday. By the time we got home we actually had even less snow on the ground than when we left so you couldn't even tell it snowed Saturday! Rainy today, a few more days in the 30s and 40s and then we're looking at 60s and even a few days of 70s. I love snow but since winter seems to be moving on I will be happy when all the melting and mud are done. Yuck. It's a pain, especially since Cyric doesn't love having his feet wiped off.

Old 04-04-23, 08:58 PM  
Vantreesta

I guess my morning melted away! Last night and this morning I was playing catch up on some of my logging/tracking that I let slide when I was at Dad's. Hopefully it's all done now. But since I "wasted" so much time I had to revise my expectations for the day, both in housework and workouts. So I did day 3 of Kassandra's challenge, day 2 of Melissa Oleson's, and day 15 of David O's challenge from January. So around 40 minutes of yoga total. It felt good. My abs and lower body are sore (the good kind) from yesterday.

Old 04-05-23, 08:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: I went to Burn for legs and then 20 minutes on the treadmill.

Jbliff we will hit 89 degrees with high humidity here the next 2 days. Today was 87 with high humidity. Way too early for this stuff. Thankfully it will be cooler this weekend. I will have more time to visit tomorrow.