Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-23, 06:22 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health -
Workout to Music of the 50s and 60s! - 18 minutes &
Strength - Day 25: Legs and Shoulders - 20 minutes

I enjoyed both of these! I knew more of that 50s and 60s music than I realized; in fact, all of the songs Jules used were very familiar. Probably because I had an older sister and older brother. The strength workout started with a 75 second plank and I finished it! That's progress.

Donna - I agree. The politicians are worthless; they will do nothing - fiddling while Rome burns. Meanwhile, others will have their lives ruined and upended. But of course, the politicians have all kinds of security and we the people are paying for it.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-23, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday i got a dog walk in and then did another of Jessica's 15 min walks from the 15 min walk DVD - whatever it is actually called, LOL!

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Ready, Steady, Go - this was a do-able interval workout for me. From WS 2.0 - my favorite series!

Jessica Valant - Renew and Restore - this is one I have done numerous times, just a nice stretch.

I have enjoyed mixing the Jessica's this week - I also haven't had as many aches and pains this week - I am thinking it is the inclusion of Pilates and stretching that has helped.

Hope everyone has a nice day - Happy Friday Eve!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-23, 06:45 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Nice work, Donna. I enjoyed the YouTube videos I did the other day from Jessica Smith.

Today's workout was

Improved Health - Cardio & Strength Part Two Upper Body - 35 minutes

This video is about 20 minutes of cardio, followed by 10 minutes of strength and 5 minutes of stretching.

Carol
Old 03-31-23, 09:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I will be quick in posting, as I have a lot to get caught up on today!

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in.

Today, so far:

Jessica Valant - 15 Min Body Weight Workout (this was a good "warm-up"), 15 in Ski Conditioning Workout, and 20 min Stress Relief Exercises (included some light Pilates).

All in all I enjoyed the combo.

A few things i learned this week - it does help me to follow a schedule for working out. This is a theme I have returned to frequently over the past year - I rebel against schedules and such b/c I feel they are too restrictive, but on some level having order allows for more freedom. Less wheel spinning and more time to think about other things. So I am still a bit at war with myself over this - but I think implementing some structure both in my workout plans as well as my day to day activities can ultimately lead me to having more freedom and free time and creative time. I think like all things there needs to be a balance between being overly restrictive/rigid and total free for all. Neither is optimal - the balance is somewhere in the middle.

I also put a retirement counter on my phone. I set my retirement date for December 31, 2027. I will turn 60 in November of 2027, so that is my goal.

It does help to see less than 5 years on that counter.

I'm still keeping my eyes open for possible changes that could make things more interesting/engaging over the next 4 years, 9 months, etc.

Anyway - on that note - Happy Friday!

Donna
Old 03-31-23, 06:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Improved Health - Low Impact Cardio, Strength & Balance All in One Workout - 52 minutes

This was Jules' newest all-in-one intermediate workout. Roughly 23 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of strength including ab work on the floor, 3 minutes of balance work and 6 minutes of stretching. It was a good one.

Donna - I know what you mean. I do a lot better if I have a planned exercise schedule in front of me. I like not having to think about what I'm going to do when I get home from work. I'm afraid if I didn't have it already planned, then there would be more days that I dawdled away my exercise time while trying to decide what it is I want to do.

Our TikTok star filed for unemployment. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

Carol
Old 04-01-23, 11:04 AM  
furmomof6

Hi ladies! DH has been off from work and when he's home my routine gets off track. We were out of town on Thursday, and Friday I went for a walk. It's pouring rain today, so I'm not motivated to do anything.

Donna, I agree with following calendars. I have always done better following one, but lately with the workouts I've been doing there's no schedule. I always wanted to follow Lauren's calendar, but she doesn't have enough Pilates each week, and while I do have a PBL subscription, I don't want to exclusively do her workouts. I guess all that to say, I don't have a calendar to follow and I wish I did! I think it's great you set a date for your retirement! Yay!

Carol, I missed something, who is your TikTok star? I have heard of that platform, but not really familiar with it.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 05:15 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I did a Jenny Ford walk today - South Dakota and a Pilates practice (intermediate) with Jessica Valant.

DH and i are headed upstate NY this week - well, the early part of the week, anyway. My friend's DH passed away after a battle with cancer.

It does make you stop and appreciate the present much more.

Donna
Old 04-01-23, 06:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Improved Health - 30 20 10 Interval Workout - 26 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Beginner Pilates Workout - 20 minutes

Jules' 30 20 10 Interval Workout had a 5 minute warmup, and then 2 5 minute blocks of a normal 30 second cardio move, 20 seconds of fast walking and then 10 seconds of jogging or running. The cardio move changed each time. She added on a cooldown and stretch after the two interval blocks. It was fun! That's saying something coming from a person who has never liked cardio very much.

Donna - Yes, it is sobering when death strikes close to home. It makes us think about our own mortality.

Christine - the TikTok star is the employee we fired for her tacky & profane TikTok videos. A teacher of young children no less.

Carol
Old 04-02-23, 06:28 AM  
furmomof6

I think I'm going to try PBL's challenge starting tomorrow. It looks like her main workouts are mostly paired with stretching workouts for the bonus, and all are around 35 minutes or less. At least I'll have a calendar to follow for now!

Donna, what part of upstate, NY? That's where I live. I'm sorry for your loss, your poor friend.

Carol, oooh, that's right! Hopefully she won't get it if you fight it. Don't they look into her history of firings!?

Have a great Sunday!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 07:58 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

Improved Health - 11 Minute Walking with Weights, On the Floor Stronger Core Level 1 - 8 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Best Scoliosis Exercises and Stretches - 17 minutes & Hip Mobility Assessment - 10 minutes

Jules' Walking with Weights video reminded me a little bit of Pahla B's walking with weights videos, except Jules doesn't make you hold them over your head as much as Pahla does (which I don't much like). The Stronger Core workout was fairly easy, which is to be expected since it was a Level 1 workout.

Jessica's hip mobility assessment was interesting. The first three tests were easy, the fourth was a yogi squat, which I've never been able to do, and the last test, I could sort of do.

Christine - Do you subscribe to PBL? I did years ago, but haven't in a long time. I decided I didn't want to do just pilates and didn't have the time to do PBL and all the other stuff I wanted to do. In Texas, if the ex-employee can show that they lost their job through no fault of their own, then they can collect unemployment. We will contest this one.

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates