Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-29-23, 07:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in but nothing after work as my contractor was here doing some more work on the bathroom. I think it will finally be done tomorrow (I hope!).

Today, so far, a Jessica Valant medley:

- Basic Workout w/ Dumbbells - I used this one as a sort of warm-up
- Strength & Stretch - this is one of her new workouts for March. The first half is weights - fairly basic stuff that you can layer on to or keep simple. The second half is a stretch.

Both of these were good low-dread effective weight routines for those of us who don't adore weight training. It got it done efficiently and you are able to make it harder or easier depending on weights and options you choose.

Pam - I should do paint by numbers, lol! The scarf sounds beautiful!

wishiwasinhawaii -I finally looked up pickleball -it looks fun!

Sherry - wow, the kids sound exhausting. And on another topic - "natural" products- I got the worst rash trying a sample of "natural" hand cream. I had hives on both thumbs! I assume it was that - anyway...

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-23, 01:03 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did another Boston walk with David, visiting some of the oldest taverns and the Paul Revere house in the North End. I also added a new trainer (Zac Marion) for the beginning of a 12-part New Zealand series, so will be continuing that into April. Just gorgeous, gorgeous scenery, also in the North of the country!

I'm thinking of switching gears in April and starting a kettlebell rotation for the month, as my strength workouts. Just feel I need something different than what I've been doing for some motivation. I'll use instructors like Skogg, Lauren Brooks, Paul Katami, and Anthony DiLuglio, to change things up each week.

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-23, 08:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday i got a dog walk in and then did another of Jessica's 15 min walks from the 15 min walk DVD - whatever it is actually called, LOL!

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Ready, Steady, Go - this was a do-able interval workout for me. From WS 2.0 - my favorite series!

Jessica Valant - Renew and Restore - this is one I have done numerous times, just a nice stretch.

I have enjoyed mixing the Jessica's this week - I also haven't had as many aches and pains this week - I am thinking it is the inclusion of Pilates and stretching that has helped.

Pam - nice job and kettlebells sound fun for a change up. I think I'm going to do Jessica Valant's Hip challenge in the beginning of April and probably sprinkle in more Jessica Smith and maybe some Jenny Ford, too.

Hope everyone has a nice day - Happy Friday Eve!

Donna
Old 03-30-23, 08:33 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

WS 2.0 Upper Body Circuit

Hi Ladies,

To change it up a bit, I did Jessica's Upper Body Circuit from WS 2.0. It was pretty good and different from WS 1.0. It has been a while since I'd done it, so couldn't remember much but easy to jump right in and follow along! Nice to see Debbie here, too! ;-) I'd wanted to do more, but the day got away from me, and the reason for my late post this evening.

Night all!

April Focus:
Old 03-31-23, 12:10 AM  
Leonana

Yesterday evening I did Improved Health’s Simple Floor Stretches. This was a nice basic stretch. Someone posted the link in the floor stretch thread, so I thought I’d try it.

This evening was Jessica’s Pear Shape workout on you tube. It’s a cardio sculpt, as are all three of the body shape workouts. I modified the high impact, but still got my heart rate up. I need to do that more, as my walking doesn’t increase my heart rate much. I enjoyed the moves, they are different in all three. I think you’d have a good balance of strength moves if you did all three workouts in a week.

Donna, I’m sure I’d have the same reaction from that hand cream. I’m sorry you have to deal with the discomfort.

Pam, kettlebells sound like a good choice.
Old 03-31-23, 09:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I will be quick in posting, as I have a lot to get caught up on today!

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in.

Today, so far:

Jessica Valant - 15 Min Body Weight Workout (this was a good "warm-up"), 15 in Ski Conditioning Workout, and 20 min Stress Relief Exercises (included some light Pilates).

All in all I enjoyed the combo.

A few things i learned this week - it does help me to follow a schedule for working out. This is a theme I have returned to frequently over the past year - I rebel against schedules and such b/c I feel they are too restrictive, but on some level having order allows for more freedom. Less wheel spinning and more time to think about other things. So I am still a bit at war with myself over this - but I think implementing some structure both in my workout plans as well as my day to day activities can ultimately lead me to having more freedom and free time and creative time. I think like all things there needs to be a balance between being overly restrictive/rigid and total free for all. Neither is optimal - the balance is somewhere in the middle.

I also put a retirement counter on my phone. I set my retirement date for December 31, 2027. I will turn 60 in November of 2027, so that is my goal.

It does help to see less than 5 years on that counter.

I'm still keeping my eyes open for possible changes that could make things more interesting/engaging over the next 4 years, 9 months, etc.

Anyway - on that note - Happy Friday!

Sherry - I remember when Jessica did the Apple, Pear, Hourglass and Ruler body type workouts! Those were fun.

Pam - I enjoyed doing the WS 2.0 cardio workout yesterday. At some point, I really do want to run through all the sets.

Donna
Old 04-01-23, 12:15 AM  
Leonana

Today was walking at work per the usual. I also pulled weeds for an hour. I think I overdid it, I’m already sore in my legs and arms. But I’m happy to have it done, the yard looks so much better. I also did some stretching before bed.

Donna, I hope the countdown clock is an encouragement. I do better with a schedule too, but my walking at work keeps me from following one.
Old 04-01-23, 05:13 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I did a Jenny Ford walk today - South Dakota and a Pilates practice (intermediate) with Jessica Valant.

DH and i are headed upstate NY this week - well, the early part of the week, anyway. My friend's DH passed away after a battle with cancer.

It does make you stop and appreciate the present much more.

Sherry - the yardwork can be brutal!!

Donna
Old 04-01-23, 09:34 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did a treadmill walk in AZ (Desert Ridge Aviano Community Park) with John. Then, Michael Skogg kettlebell workout (roots) which has six exercises (swing, clean, clean/press, high pull, squat, snatch) done in circuits depending on your level with these exercises. I'm starting at the beginning, since it's been so long. There's a minute rest between each set of exercises. I could have done a refresher of the basics for practice, but I knew them pretty well and had no difficulty executing the moves. This ends with cooldown of mobility exercises. I will probably vary my kettlebell DVDs so the exercise will differ a little bit more, but nothing too advanced for this month. I need to begin from ground zero with basic, foundational exercises.

It was super rainy today.

Enjoy your weekend!

April Focus:
Old 04-02-23, 12:13 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did another AZ treadmill walk, this time along the Central corridor along Murphy Bridle Path.

I also added Michelle Khai's Kettlenetics (elementals & Upper Body) as well as 6 rounds of swings with RKS (Reinhardt Kettlebell System.) They have a wonderful warmup and cooldown in this series, to get your body ready for a heavy bell and to recover!

Have a good Sunday!

April Focus: