Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-21, 11:37 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope restrictions lighten up some for you soon! To be honest, I don't understand having to wear them outside but that's just me. When we walk we rarely see anyone and when we do either I or they cross the street or step into the street.
Exactly! Most folks either cross the street or we cross the street if we would be passing on the sidewalk. Outside walks in the early days of the pandemic helped to keep me sane.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 11:54 AM  
rhbrand

While I do enjoy being "mouthy" to people and they can't see what I'm mouthing, I hate the fact no one can see me smile, or my pretty lipstick.

I'll be mostly happy to get back to not wearing a mask. I love putting on makeup, but with a mask its a little "why bother" and miss showing off my lipstick LOL.
Old 04-10-21, 11:57 AM  
warriorprincess

I like wearing a mask for a lot of cleaning jobs, especially outdoors, to keep from inhaling dust and mold and debris. Using the riding lawnmower has become a much nicer task.

Wearing a mask with sunglasses takes 10 years off! Maybe 20

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 01:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
... masks shield me from smelly things, like other people's bad breath and body odor! and add to that other smelly things like trash, smoke, etc.
I was going in to the Post Office right after a woman had left. I could still smell her overpowering perfume. It was bad and I was surprised it got through my double-layer cloth mask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
But sometimes they trap it...like when I down a coffee and have to mask. Coffee breath! Or the other day I had some street tacos, heavy on the onion. Mask back on...yikes.
I had an allergy cough and took a menthol cough drop. The menthol fumes got trapped in the mask and made my eyes water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I think even after the pandemic restrictions are lifted I will still wear a mask under certain circumstances. ...
I'm thinking that too. (Though the police aren't thrilled about citizens wearing masks in "normal" times. We all look like burglars.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
While I do enjoy being "mouthy" to people and they can't see what I'm mouthing, I hate the fact no one can see me smile, or my pretty lipstick.

I'll be mostly happy to get back to not wearing a mask. I love putting on makeup, but with a mask its a little "why bother" and miss showing off my lipstick LOL.
I love lipstick and really miss wearing it. I still put it on some days. There are a few that are mostly transfer-proof under masks.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 02:10 PM  
BunnyHop

I like the fact that mask making challenged me to revive my sewing skills.

A year later I've refined the pattern I like so it fits me just right and has the elastic around my head instead of needing straps or elastic around the ears. So much more comfy.

It's gotten me into a new sewing/quilting hobby that I'm learning to rein in so I don't spend all the money on fabric, LOL!!

The masks I make for myself are tangible proof that there are things I can do to protect myself, and that's a comfort when my nerves are shaky.
Old 04-10-21, 02:16 PM  
manleym

I agree about liking the mask because I don't have to put on any makeup. Can't think of the last time I wore makeup. Love the ease of get up and go! Also agree about not having as many sinus infections. I think I've been healthier since wearing masks. And I'm a school teacher, so that's saying alot! And I'm teaching at school, with students present (not all, obviously, but the masks and social distancing has really cut down on illnesses.) DH says he might continue to wear a mask because he hasn't gotten sick this past year either. Also good for the yard, like someone mentioned, it's just a blanket of pollen.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 02:23 PM  
Vantreesta

Can I ask a question, not trying to be argumentative or judging or anything? If makeup is such a hassle, why do so many people wear it? Other than weddings bc of pictures, I haven't worn makeup since I was about 14 and don't even own any anymore. I was so excited to turn 13 when my parents had said I could wear some and I'm not even sure if I wore it a year, it just wasn't worth it to me. I'm just genuinely curious bc I have never understood it and it has been mentioned several times in this thread. Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 03:51 PM  
Gams

The reason I’ve always worn makeup is simply because I think I look a lot better with makeup on.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 03:54 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Tracy - I got my masks at Cuddle Clones.

https://cuddleclones.com/product/cus...rint-facemask/

They are the best masks I’ve got - adjustable straps, nose wires and wide enough that they cover my nose and chin really well. I’d like them even if they didn’t have my fur kids’ pictures on them.
Thank you. These look great.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 04:02 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
The reason I’ve always worn makeup is simply because I think I look a lot better with makeup on.
Same here. It makes me look a bit more alive, especially at age 61, when your skin starts looking more dull.

Although, I happen to enjoy it too. I think makeup is fun. I like to watch you tube videos about makeup application, especially eye shadow. Some people are really artistic.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, makeup, masks