Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-21, 06:22 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

2021 Beauty Thread

Share your oldies but goodies, new finds or ask questions about beauty products here. And if you're a kitchen chemist and whip up your own beauty products such as masks, serums or creams, feel free to share your recipes.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 06:24 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

any good false eyelash recommendations/tips, specifically the individual style?

i prefer to do this on my own, so any brand recommendations etc are appreciated. i want to wear some on the outer sides of my lids, and make it look as natural as possible.

I've worn the "full" style before when i was in high school.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 06:29 PM  
pharma_gal

I ordered a few things from the Ordinary and am wondering if someone can help me figure out a Am and pm regimen together or even let me know which ingredients to mix or not to mix together. These the ones that I have:

Vit C 20% cream with HA
Peptides + Copper
Niacinamide
Retinol
B Oil

I use Cerave Pm moisturizer.

Thank you.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 11:45 PM  
Leonana

I don't use these items, but here are my thoughts.

Vitamin C in the morning, as it works with your sunscreen. I've always read that it's recommended to use retinol at night. I googled it, and it seems to be recommended to use the oil after your moisturizer.

I think you can email The Ordinary and ask them in what order to use the products.
Old 01-09-21, 09:03 AM  
BunnyHop

Just thought I'd post a few links to some beauty products I learned about last night that seem very interesting. (Was watching a Rachel Macksy Youtube Video ... )

This hair net is the sort you wear over soft curlers at night: https://lucilleslocksonlineshop.bigc...ry/slumber-net

And if you've got long hair, here are some soft curlers that look very interesting: https://www.cozycurlers.com/

I haven't purchased from either company before, but I do like the look of both these products quite a lot and am definitely thinking about it. Just thought I'd share the links before I forget in case it's helpful to someone who didn't stay up late watching Youtube last night.

Last edited by BunnyHop; 01-09-21 at 09:04 AM. Reason: typo
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 09:15 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

I was hooked on Lancome skin care products for years; wouldn't even try anything else but a few months ago one of my daughters-in-law gave me some Pacifica products. I LOVE THEM! They smell wonderful and are just as effective in giving my face a smooth, firm feeling. The ingredients are all natural (vegan) and they are much less expensive than Lancome which is a bonus.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 09:22 AM  
Carol K

Are there any other women in their 60s that still have normal to oily skin that gets an occasional breakout? There must be. My routine is as minimalist as I could get it. AM: cleanser, BHA gel and SPF 30 sunscreen. PM: cleanser, BHA gel, 5% benzoyl peroxide on the t-zone, antioxidant serum with retinol on cheeks and around eyes. In the winter, I use a light moisturizer over the serum. I use Paula's Choice products. I'm interested in the routines of other women with my skin type in my age group.
Old 01-09-21, 10:06 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Are there any other women in their 60s that still have normal to oily skin that gets an occasional breakout? There must be. My routine is as minimalist as I could get it. AM: cleanser, BHA gel and SPF 30 sunscreen. PM: cleanser, BHA gel, 5% benzoyl peroxide on the t-zone, antioxidant serum with retinol on cheeks and around eyes. In the winter, I use a light moisturizer over the serum. I use Paula's Choice products. I'm interested in the routines of other women with my skin type in my age group.
I'm 63 with an oily T-zone and sensitive skin, and I get an occasional breakout. In the AM, I wash with an oil cleanser and use sunscreen (30 spf minimum). At night, I wash with either an oil cleanser or micellar water. Twice a month I use retin A, and on the weeks I don't use retin A, I use differen gel two or three times a week.

I use cerave or oil of Olay or Clinique's dramatically different moisturizer under my sunscreen.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 10:31 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm 52 (53 in April) and still get occasional blemishes. What has been annoying me more is these little whiteheads that appear on my chin regularly - they are not "real" whiteheads in that they can't be popped (I know I shouldn't try but I have); they are more like a deeper irritation. I need to leave them alone but it's hard for me to do that!

On the plus side, I think that having very oily skin means that your skin retains more moisturizer and has less wrinkles as you get older.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 10:41 AM  
Carol K

Yes, the last time I went to a dermatologist, over ten years ago, they told me they had patients in the 80s who still had oily skin and they told me to be happy I have it. I have a few of those white things on my chin too and it IS hard to leave them alone, but there doesn't seem to any point to manipulating them, so I try not to.

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2021