Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-21, 06:13 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Thursday, Watulans!!

Well, I had Katami I am Athlete 2 on my planned schedule today, but....it's 64 degrees and SUNNY and GORGEOUS outside and after a really emotionally crappy week, I couldn't bear to stay inside one second more, so I went for a nice long sweaty walk. Maybe Katami can wait until tomorrow, even though I had that Kat hip-hop workout planned...I'll have to see what kind of mood I'm in tomorrow. Oh, and yesterday had to be a short and sweet workout so I did Shred Cardio from Fit Split. We were celebrating our anniversary a tad early AND had a meeting with a new accountant, so all around busy, busy day yesterday.

Laughing at Horusosiris for wanting the new Jessica series! Yes, you have the right to waver in your decisions as much as you want! If you get it, keep us posted, as I'm curious. I like Jessica!

Manleym, I agree with you and Kate...I enjoy the Katami workouts but see how they could get old quickly. I'm going to get through the series at least once (if I don't keep putting it off, that is!).

Bee, I somehow missed the boat on Hamelin but am intrigued...trying not to be....

ChelePA, hope recovery is going well and you're getting some REST! Did ya get your new bike yet? I agree with Kim, you have an amazing attitude!

Stay fierce, Watulans...I need to open up a window, I think!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 08:16 PM  
Mickey12

Hello all,

Tonight I did my first Ingrid Romero Booty Edge workout, disc one, weighted legs. I see what you guys mean about the beach body feel and Manley, yes, those teeney weeney outfits. I liked the workout and the music. I agree with Kittybug that Ingrid is cute and likable. I was tired after the first superset though. By the end I was doing regular squats instead of the sideways lunge moves she was doing.

I think I will take a cue from Manley's workout last week and do Christie Taylor's Still Steppin for Fun Friday tomorrow.

Horusosiris your post about wanting Jessica's new program is very funny and very fitting for this place. Ha!

Kittybug, sorry you had an emotionally draining week. Not fun. Your mention of meeting the accountant reminds me that I have to take our stuff to the accountant too. I keep forgetting. Better get my butt in gear or it will be April 15 before I know it.

Still thinking of you and your daughter, ChelePA.

Enjoy the evening Watulans.
Old 03-05-21, 12:23 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi bee: I have heard of Hamelin but have never tried any of his workouts. Deep muscle work sounds intriguing.

Hi horusosiris: Imax3 is not exactly mastered, but I got closer. Now when I do the other Hardcore Extreme's I'll know what to expect. I think I said that too about not acquiring more dvds.

Hi manleym: BJ can be a little crude sometimes. I don't mind. He's just weird but his workouts are great! Good idea using Double Down stretch. That's what I didn't care for with 4x4. I know there is a stretching workout, but I wish there had been a little stretching.

Hi kittybug: Sorry to hear it's been a tough week but I hear you on getting outside. We're having super mild temps too (40s-50s) and although everything is muddy and wet, it's still nice to get some fresh air. HUGS

Hi Kim: I am always concerned with the teeny outfits that there might be a wardrobe malfunction. I could never wear stuff that tight or small..I'd fall out or get snuggies or whatever. But the workouts are pretty solid and I don't mind Ingrid.

Well gang, my legs and butt were so sore last night!! I started rethinking today's workout and toyed with a few different options. I decided on a long Yoga practice. For two reasons...to give my body a bit of a break and because I have to take my son to an appointment this afternoon so would miss my usual Yoga time. I also missed my Yoga on Tues helping hubby with an appointment also, so felt like I wanted more.

So I went over to PowerYoga.com and picked out Rudy Mettia's Pause for the Cause practice. It is 80 minutes and although there was still some leg cooking, it was a nice slow flow. I liked the longer holds so I still got plenty of strength work. I also did not modify and went as deep into the pose as I was able calmly.

And now it's Friday!?! Are the days flying by or what?
Hope everyone stays well and strong. HUGS to all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Fun Friday! Sending big hugs to kittybug (almost a rhyme?) and anyone else who needs them!!

Yes, Kate, I was thinking the same thing about the days flying by. It seems like it was just Fun Friday! For my Fun Friday workout I ended up doing another Kat step. This one was filmed outdoors, which I like because sometimes that sort of office setting takes me back to working at the big corporate company I used to work for and I get stressed! Only a little, to be fair. At any rate, this one was very easy to follow, fun music, and a bit repetitive but I'm finding I'm liking repetition of that sort these days..... I don't know how many of you are following the "in praise of four limbed aerobics" thread (that's close to the title if not exact). I do wonder if our brains are so fatigued from the pandemic and everything else in this country and it's a good time for more mindless workouts. If anyone is interested, this was the link for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MnKyMVmu_c

I followed it with a 30 minute Travis yoga from Inner Dimension and I have to say I am so impressed with him. This was not voice over -- he was guiding as he did the practice, which was pretty fast paced and taxing. I would not have been able to talk!

horusosiris, I am definitely up for doing a Hamelin together sometime -- maybe even Cardio Tone G again for a fun Friday? Funny, I am not sore today from DMW yesterday except in the abs! I expected to feel it more. I am sure he has some stuff for free on youtube -- if people are interested I can see if I find anything that's representative and maybe fun. The one thing about Hamelin is there are a lot of reps and that can get old..... Kate, the deep muscle work is slow controlled reps -- sort of ballet/barre -- and many of them, as I mentioned. I'm not sure if that's your kind of thing or not.

And horusosiris, I am also definitely contemplating the new Jessica program, even though I'm so loving youtube workouts these days and I absolutely do not need it, but it looks pretty good! I'm watching the review thread with great interest and figure I can learn more before I decide.

Hey, my 19 year old got his first vaccine yesterday! I was absolutely giddy about it! It gives me hope that we will all have it "soonish". I can't remember if I told you but his high school wants him to help coach volleyball so he's now an employee of the school (I thought it was volunteer but they are going to pay him!) and was able to get it that way.

Kim, nice to hear your impression of your first Edge workout. I have to slot that in!

And manleym, every time you post your workouts I cut and paste for my notes. So, thank you!!

Hope everyone has a great day...... and happy weekend!!
Old 03-05-21, 02:02 PM  
ChelePA

Thanks all for the birthday wishes! My daughter and I both got very large peanut butter sundaes...no PB cups or peanuts for her but I was on PB overload Delicious! My husband went for brownie ala mode. Not the big celebration he was hoping for but I just feel blessed that the surgery went ok. Each day a little better...less pain and less drainage. Started eating soft foods yesterday. Really appreciate all your concern and positive vibes. Thank you so much

So my plan for March was to do Growingannanas' HIIT it Harder March Challenge. She is releasing a new workout daily. Her workouts are usually 30-40 minutes. So I planned on adding a few chapters or premixes from Cathe, Heather, Caroline, or Kat here and there to get at least 60-75 minutes daily. Since I didn't start the challenge until March 4th due to my daughter's surgery and my birthday workout, I decided to double up to play catch up. Yesterday, I did Circuit Hiit It Harder Day 1...which had 3 circuits, repeated once. It was a total body workout 50 seconds on with 10 seconds rest. That is her usual format for most of her workouts. I then added Hiit It Harder Day 3 with Dumbbells, Full Body, No Repeat. I really liked this one for a quick total body workout. She was using 4 kg weights. Mine varied from 6-8 pounds depending on the move. It had upper and lower body as well as compound and cardio moves plus abs. Today's double was Day 2 Lower Body (using resistance band) and and Day 4 Arms and Abs (no equipment). MANLEYM...thanks for the heads up on the resistance band. I used a heavier band and I think that made a big difference. Anna was struggling on a few exercises so she probably was using a more intense one (good to know for the future). I liked the variety of cardio and leg moves with and without the band. I think I was still feeling it from my X77 birthday workout and Anna's routines yesterday. The upper body was full of planks and push-ups as expected since you weren't using any equipment. Plus she included core work throughout...sometimes as a compound move. Tomorrow will be another double including Day 5 and Day 6 then I should be on target for the month.

Bee...love the visual of your Trampit workout!!! Her rebounding workouts are just so much fun!!! Always put me in a good mood! YouTube seems to only have Trampit 10-11-12 for free. I see that she has others but not sure yet how to access them. I'll keep you posted.

I am not a fan of repetition as you all know. Especially with weights since it's not my favorite. I can usually handle 2 rounds...anything more and I am bored. Thanks goodness for Cathe's premixes where I can pick and choose. But time flies with Kat's step videos because of the music for me. I also agree that it is nice not to overtax the brain these days. I can't believe it's been almost a year since this whole craziness started. Our vaccine roll out is so slow in PA. We'll see with the new vaccine if things pick up.

We are supposed to get in the 60s next week. Definitely a mood booster!!! KITTYBUG...hope you have a more enjoyable weekend

My new bike has officially shipped. Hoping to have it set up within the next 2 weeks. Cataddict...thanks for the DVD offer. Would love it! I can send you the shipping cost if you have PayPal or Venmo. Let me know
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 03:55 PM  
manleym

Happy Friday Friends!

Kittybug I'm sorry you've had an emotionally tough week. Hugs to you! I know the sunshine and walked helped ALOT. And Happy Early Anniversary! I hope ya'll had a good early celebration!

KateTT I love how easy going you are, being able to handle all of the different instructors personalities. No wonder you get along so well with everyone.

Kim congrats on getting through your 1st Ingrid workout. Yay you! Yes, sometimes I just. have. to. look. somewhere. else. Enjoy Still Steppin'. It's a dandy!

Bee thanks for posting the link to the Kat workout you did today. I might do it too! It is sometimes repetition is nice, especially after a long week and I really just don't want to think. If you can find some Hamelin workouts on Youtube that would be great. I'll try to check this weekend too. I've been watching the Jessica thread too. Seems like quite a few people would prefer dvds. I don't have a purple player so I think I'll pass for now. And yay for your son getting his shot! I hope he responds well to it. We heard on the news last night that teachers are now considered essential workers - a year later. Oh well, I'm not going to sit in line for hours on end anyway, but it's good to know that I am now considered essential...

ChelePA I'm with ya on the peanut butter!! I LOVE all things PB! Sounds DIVINE! And SO glad recovery is going well. It will take time, but as long as recovery is progressing, and each day a little bit better, that's the important thing. And I like your idea of Anna's March Challenge. I didn't even know she had one until you mentioned it - meaning it didn't click with me for some reason. I'm definitely going to keep adding in her workouts. And YAY that your bike has shipped!

Yesterday I did Cathe Live #337 Cardio Kickbox Mashup and really liked it. It was a good cardio workout, alternating upper body with weighted gloves, cardio (gloves off), lower body kickboxing, upper body with gloves, cardio, lower, etc. This helped keep the workout moving. At the end of the workout Cathe mentions that she was having an off day and that the important thing is to show up, give what you can, don’t judge. Just a good reminder and glad to know that even Cathe has off days. I also did Deep Twists & Binds Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga, which was a nice slow flow/stretch. Felt good getting into those twists.

Waves and hugs all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 07:55 PM  
Mickey12

Manley congrats on being able to get the vaccine. The recommendations and mandates really do seem contradictory to me so much of the time. I like the idea of getting the teachers vaccinated. Like you said, you're essential.

So my quads were sore today after Ingrid's workout. Yikes, they were quivering trying to go down the steps last night afterwards. For Fun Friday I did Christie Taylor's Still Steppin Just for Fun. Thanks again, Manley. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!! I really should to Christie's workouts more often. I just love how cute and motivating she is and I love it when she sings the instructions. I still like Totally Cool Step more than this one because I connect with the music more. The 70's tracks hit a nostalgic cord with me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I can't believe another week has gone by already.
Old 03-06-21, 08:03 AM  
ChelePA

Kim...Is Christi hard to follow for step? You know how well I did with her dance routines...haha. I definitely had 2 left feet.

Kate...Imax 3 is tough stuff...much harder than Imax 2 for me. I really love both and the music is just my style.

Manleym...the preview of the Live looked really good. Glad you enjoyed it!

I was up and moving early...checking on Winston and my daughter. She is a belly sleeper and needs to keep her head elevated for the next 2 weeks or so. I am up multiple times a night repositioning her.

I officially caught up with Anna's March Challenge. Today was HIIT it Harder Days 5 and 6. Day 5 was a Full Body Circuit Workout. Her usual 3 circuits that are repeated once. 50 seconds on, 10 seconds rest. She always has core and variations of planks/push-ups to work the upper body. She finished with a burpee into a star jump. Definitely not pretty at the end. Day 6 was Abs of Steel for a 15 minute workout. She does multiple ab/core exercises including planks for 30 seconds each, no rest in between then repeats the circuit.

Growing Annanas means Growing Pineapples...hmmm. I know she wanted others to grow strong and healthy. I guess that's the meaning behind the title of her channel??? I always found it a curious name....didn't realize it meant pineapple. I thought it was a variation of the name Anna in Austria...haha.

Have a great weekend!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 10:24 AM  
Mickey12

ChelePA Christie Taylor’s choreography is more complicated than Cathe and Kat but she cues extremely well and she builds the combos similar to how Kat does it. She has a step workout on YouTube called Stepping Zone you can try from 1999. It’s on her Terrific Trio DVD and I haven’t done it in years. It’s fun but I think her later workouts had better music. Give it a shot!
Old 03-06-21, 04:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All!

First some Hamelin stuff. His channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Methodtraining1/videos

and here's a direct link to a DMW workout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E7LuQWKGWg

There's actually a fair amount of stuff on youtube. I know when you purchase stuff you actually use vimeo for it -- he may have free stuff there as well, I'm not sure, but this will be more than enough for anyone with just a casual interest.

I also didn't realize that Growing Anna (that's what I'm going to call it... pineapples be damned!) did monthly challenges. I ended up doing the first day for February today because I wanted something quick and the first day of March was ten minutes longer. I'm thinking I may do a bunch of these. One thing I've realized..... if I'm doing an intense workout I'm definitely really hungry that day if it's an hour long. If it's only 30 minutes, it's not really a problem. I guess I'll find out about 40 minutes! Chele, are you going to stick pretty closely with her challenge this month, even with your new bike coming?

Waves to all! Hope it's a great weekend!

Tags
watulan check-in