Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-22-21, 01:54 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Lavna - I am glad that you are doing better. Yes DVD workouts are more polished and less spontaneous but I enjoy both ways of presenting workouts. What did you not like about the music?
I may have not used the correct terme by using "audio". What I meant is that Cathe's voice feels as if it's a voice-over. I felt strange to me. As I said, I've done so many Lives recently that the recording of a DVD might feel unusual to me right now!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-21, 06:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!!

I got my new Cathe workouts Saturday for reals! Today I had planned to do Boss Bands Total Body, which I did, but then I just kept going and also did Boss Loops Glutes and Core. Watulans, I really enjoyed these workouts!! I thought they were creative and well put together, and I agree with Horusosiris, they're easy to modify to add intensity, which I might do next time (except on biceps, for the love of monkeys ouch!!). And I am super pleased they're perfect for where I'm at right now, trying to ease back into heavier weights, but don't take that to mean they're not challenging by any means!!

Anyone else as impressed as I was with the packaging of the sets? I just really thought everything was so well presented, and the bands are clearly high quality. I can see using them for a lot of workouts, not just these. And I was also happy to find Cathe cued the set-up on everything so well that I found it easy to get into position and adjust as needed without missing a beat, which had been a concern of mine with band work. Also, I loved that she tended to include some mobility moves throughout both workouts. Win, win, win.

ChelePA, I think this set will be great for you when you're ready.

FOLV, did you try the upper body premix?

FN2, thoughts?

Kim and Nathalie, do NOT push your injuries...keep us posted on PT and the doc's orders!

BabyW, eagerly awaiting your thoughts too when your set arrives.

Have a great evening, all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 11:18 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
I may have not used the correct terme by using "audio". What I meant is that Cathe's voice feels as if it's a voice-over. I felt strange to me. As I said, I've done so many Lives recently that the recording of a DVD might feel unusual to me right now!
Lavna- I am sorry that you did not like the audio quality. I did not notice a "voice over" quality but I will pay more attention the next time I do the workouts.

Kittybug- I too was impressed with the packaging of the workouts and the quality of the bands and loops.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 12:00 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Lavna- I am sorry that you did not like the audio quality. I did not notice a "voice over" quality but I will pay more attention the next time I do the workouts.

Kittybug- I too was impressed with the packaging of the workouts and the quality of the bands and loops.
2lazy4gym also did a review. Love all your comments so far. Keep them coming. I so wish I was doing them with you all. Hopefully some day.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 04:17 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
2lazy4gym also did a review. Love all your comments so far. Keep them coming. I so wish I was doing them with you all. Hopefully some day.
Chel -you will be doing them with us before you know it. Hang in there!
Old 08-23-21, 06:53 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends! Quick howdy and hiya!

Love reading the reviews of Cathe's new dvds. Mine came Saturday but durn if life didn't get in the way and I wasn't able to workout, other than 3 hours of Yard Max. Then I was Overheated and Too Tired Max. I had hoped to do them today but had to work a little late so I did a Sydney Cummings workout. I did workout last week but had lots of meetings at work and not able to post. Hope to catch up later.

I've been skimming posts and hope to be able to read more thoroughly later, but SHOUT OUT TO FLOVS for completing the hike! You are the ROCKSTAR! And I know it was so worth it! Truly a "mountain-top" experience.

ChelePA good to see you posting! Sorry to read about little Winston. I hope he's getting better. I haven't read 2 Lazy's blog in awhile but am glad she has a review of Cathe's new workouts. Hopefully I'll be able to read it soon. And you'll be doing them with us before you know it!

Sorry this is so short. Hugs and waves to everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 07:45 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Monday, Watulans!

I finished my 20 in 20ish with Cathe's Boss Bands Total Body on Saturday, then did my 21st instructor on Sunday--growing annanas' 30 minute Tabata no repeats no equipment. Today I did Cathe's Boss Loops Glutes & Core followed by a 45 minute dance workout by instructor #22, Patrick Goudeau. A word about Anna's workout. This is probably my favorite of her offerings that I've done (yes, it's a small sample). The tabatas weren't crazy hard, so I still had enough energy to complete that segment of various kinds of burpees that she stuck at the end. It was challenging but doable.

Now to my impressions of the new Cathes. In general they get two paws up. Like FN1 and horusosiris, I am impressed by the quality of the bands & loops and the packaging is first rate. No more concerns that my bands will break and hit me in the face! The fabric loops are longer than the "firewalker" type bands but I'm not worried since I use them around ankles. Nathalie, I didn't really notice any audio difference between these DVDs and earlier ones. In general the audio and video is different than in the Lives, so I agree with you on that point.

Both of these workouts are intermediate IMHO as done by Cathe and crew, but I agree with horusosiris that I don't have to go all out crazy with every workout. I will probably use the blue band more the next time I do the Total Body workout to make sure I am challenged enough, but like FN1 NOT for biceps! I was able to switch bands between exercises without scrambling so that was a big plus. I got a pleasant surprise with the Glutes and Core workout as before I started I thought "how on earth can you fill 48 minutes with Glutes and Core without boring me to tears?" Cathe managed to keep me engaged and did a nice variety of exercises. The time went by very quickly! The only ding for me in this workout is that she jumps in right away after the warmup with the band around the thighs and I wasn't prepared for it. I would have appreciated a heads up comment and a minute. I had to pause as by the time I got the band up to my thighs she was on rep 3. But that's a very minor ding! As mentioned, it will be easy to modify up or down based on the band/loop used and how tight or loose they are positioned. I will probably play around with combining the bands differently. Now that I've done both workouts, I'm going to read some of the reviews, although I frequently don't agree with them. I guess it depends on expectations. I didn't expect these workouts to be super advanced.

Chele, yes, I agree that these will be good ones for you to ease back in when the time is right!

Kim, I've been steaming the beans and serving them naked. Delicious! How many times a week are you doing the physical therapy? I hope it went well today for you.

Nathalie, hang in there! Glad the staples are out. Baby steps.

FOLV, how are your tired legs? Saw your postings about the new Cathe workouts--glad you like them!

Waves to manleym, bee and BabyW!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-21, 11:09 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Tuesday to All.

Cataddict- I enjoyed reading your review of the new Cathe workouts. I noticed the same thing about Cathe moving on and no heads up for what is coming next but as you stated it is not a major issue. In the glutes and core workout, I wonder why they did not use the blue bands at all. I would have been nice to see some exercises in which they are used. I agree with you and the next time I will utilize the blue band more, especially for static lunges and lateral walks

I created a 30 minute leg workout using the workout blender. It combined segments from the two new Cathes, Perfect Pump, Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets -Legs, X-Train - Legs and Fit Tower Advanced- Legs. I used the stretch from Fit Tower Advanced - Legs, Glutes and Core because I really like that stretch. I have to say that was a good, challenging and fun workout. I think that I will use the two new Cathes in creating workouts rather than using the DVD workouts as presented.

FLOVS- I must have missed reading that you completed your hike. Great job and be proud!

Off to work on a course syllabus. Teaching is demanding but I love it.

Enjoy your day!
Old 08-24-21, 08:31 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans,

I had my PT evaluation yesterday and had a session today. I will be going three times a week. I can’t tell yet if it’s helping, but the massage they did today was heavenly! I was able to stand and move around the kitchen for an hour making dinner without having to sit. I definitely needed to sit down after that, but I was pleased I could do it.

Love reading all the posts.
Old 08-24-21, 09:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Today I did Cathe Live #353 Metabolic Conditioning 2 based on the recommendation of horusosiris. I SO agree with the positive reaction as it is one of the top Lives that I've done! Fun, some different moves, and the time flew by! I felt challenged and worked out without being exhausted. I used the upper end of the weights suggested by Cathe, and they were good for me for the pace of the workout.

I forgot to ask horusosiris if she felt any effects from the storm. It looked like it was farther east of the city than they originally thought.

Kim, good news about your PT. According to my DH, it does take a few sessions to start feeling results.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in