Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-16, 02:31 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I knew what you meant I think it is the "balance/mobility" dvd. It looks good for seniors.

Sherry
I have balance issues (and am 66 so a senior too! :-D) and I own this and like it. His interaction with the woman is very sweet and the practice has a nice flow. It's been a while since I've done it so I don't remember a lot of detail - just that I liked it a lot.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-16, 02:37 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I have balance issues (and am 66 so a senior too! :-D) and I own this and like it. His interaction with the woman is very sweet and the practice has a nice flow. It's been a while since I've done it so I don't remember a lot of detail - just that I liked it a lot.
Thankyou! I am 41. I do yoga every day, but will forever have balance issues, I think, lol. One foot is flat and the other is collapsed but shaped slightly different too and extremely week ankles that I can't seem to strengthen no matter what (bet CS would help with that whenever I get back into it!), and get dizzy, lol.I can always use any help possible on it!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-16, 02:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I like Scott. I got to take a class of his at a fitness convention years ago. He is a very nice guy!

Another great balance DVD is Stronger Standing Balance (2013) by yoga instructor Jane Adams. She starts out slowly and works her way up in difficulty. She mirror-cues, which is a godsend for me personally.

She also has chair yoga and senior/gentle yoga DVDs. She includes joint mobility exercises in many of her routines. Here is a link to an old thread with more info and other VFers' comments:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ght=jane+adams

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
balance, balance training, jane adams, scott cole, stronger standing balance