Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-10, 01:18 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Donna, a similar recipe here, bellaonline states that the milk has to have at least 2% fat to thicken.
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 03:08 PM  
Muria

Most of my pudding recipes end up close to boiling before they thicken.

Of course, my pudding recipes also have egg yolks in them, that you gradually add after the stirring/boiling step. Most of my pudding recipes also recommend that you mix the dry ingredients (cocoa, sugar, and cornstarch), then gradually mix in the milk. It keeps the dry stuff from being more likely to settle out, and mixing the dry ingredients together means you don't have cornstarch lumps that don't dissolve in the milk.

Haven't made this specific pudding, but those are assumptions I would make going in (you don't want to cook pudding on high heat because it will scorch, and burnt chocolate is a real shame).
Old 01-19-10, 03:31 PM  
Sollamyn

I may have to look at other sources (like bellaonline--thanks, Hattie, btw!). I am really interested in low-fat chocolate recipes. I love chocolate puddings, but the pre-packaged powders have so much sodium in them!! I never really paid any attention until I started tracking my sodium (along with calories, protein, fat, carbs, etc.), using an online program.

Thanks for your help, ladies!!

Donna

Tags
chocolate, recipe