Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-18-21, 12:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - it's "one of those days" at work today (unfortunately there are more and more of those).

I do have a new "lunch break" video that I filmed a couple of days ago and set to post today:
https://youtu.be/A_ZuJlY4i-Q

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 03:00 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

ETV has uploaded all of Series 14, so I thought I'd work through a few of them.

Today's workouts:
- CS 1406 Upper Back & Posture. I didn't feel that there was much flow to this routine. It seemed like a couple of moves doing one thing and then on to the next and so on. The side lunge sequence was much faster than what I'm used to, so I slowed it down to keep control! Nice balance work.
- CS 1408 Calf & Knee. I liked this one. There was a lot of work for hip strength; deep plies whilst working the hands and nice calf stretching. So far, I haven't noticed anything particularly new. I haven't come across this before where Miranda uses the imagery of holding a heavy golden ball that you pull from one side, place it down carefully on the ground on the opposite side and then pick up a baby bird and release it over your head.
- Beth's lunchtime yoga #4 . I like the Warrior 1 moves holding the yoga block. I'm sure it helped with my balance. Thank you Beth.
- Lee Holden 20 minute practice

Beth - Sorry you're having one of those days. Thank your for mentioning Kate Vantucci's YT channel. That practice looks good.

Paine - That's awful to be waking up so early. I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Pat - I'm glad you're feeling much better and the massage helped.

Sandra - I'm also looking forward to Jessica's new releases. Have you heard anything about what she's planning? Personally, I just hope it's not going to be circuit training with heavy weights.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 10:26 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Upper Body Strength from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong.

Beth: Aw, sorry you are having one of "those" days. I assuming that's because of the staff shortage in your department?

Margot: Thank you for describing the Season 14 episodes as you do them. I haven't heard Miranda use that "golden ball" and "baby bird" imagery either. Sounds more elegant than some of her other phrases like "pushing a piano" or "pulling a stubborn donkey" LOL!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 08:21 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

I'm with Beth, this has been a frustrating week, so I'll be happy to kick it to the curb this afternoon and move on to the week-end.

DH and I went to Home Depot just after 6 AM to look at freezers. I'm sure that's what everyone thinks of doing when they wake up at 5:30, LOL!!!! What a PIA - they didn't have the Entrance door open, so you had to go to the Exit door to enter. They had one whopping freezer on the floor and not a single person asked if we needed help. Sigh. Had someone been helpful, I would've whipped out my money and ordered one while I was there to avoid further analysis paralysis. Trying to decide whether to order on-line and keep my fingers crossed or try to find an appliance store that might actually have some customer service. Like everything else, it would appear that they just don't make freezers like they used to, so reading the on-line reviews is a mixed bag and you have to keep your fingers crossed that you don't get a lemon.

Waves to ALL. Will check in for a chat this week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 08:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, sorry that you've had a frustrating week too! It's hard to deal with work issues and other issues at the same time; I keep having family stuff pop up.

Sandra, I appreciate the sympathy! Yes, it's related to our current director only being here one more week and me taking over her duties as well as ongoing staff issues/conflicts in our department (that I am now going to have to deal with more directly).

Margot, thanks for the Season 14 preview report! I really like Kate's yoga videos because she is goofy like me.

Happy Friday to everyone; I hope you all have something to look forward to this weekend.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-19-21, 09:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! TGIF! Yesterday featured:

~ YWK Yin Yoga to Restore & Reboot
~ Quick walk around the parking lot at work
~ Shakti Warrior Lesson 8 - Blossom Into You
~ 7,521 steps

That has to be my best Alice B. workout after all these years. I can still feel my core and those elusive lower abs. Not to mention how fun it was.

So, you know these walking out of the store without paying heists going on all over the country? I'm quite sure I witnessed one at BJ's last night, but didn't see the full scenario so I didn't say anything. A couple with three carts brimming over with cases of soda, walking out of the entrance. The person who checks your sales slips was bent over with the supervisor examining a clipboard when I walked by, but I do not know for sure if the couple bypassed or got checked. It sure seemed they were skipping out.

Beth and Cyana, I'm sorry you both had frustrating weeks. Hopefully the full moon moving out of eclipse will help.

Margot, enjoy Season 14! Miranda sure has been productive in her career.

Good morning to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 10:18 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth's Lunchtime Yoga #4

Beth, your Lunchtime Yoga #4 felt good, thank you! I like the balance work and mobility moves. I also like the shirt you were wearing in that video.
I hope things get better at work for you ((Hugs!)).

Margot, thank you for reviewing more episodes of CS Season 14! I prefer slow, controlled movements in CS/Essentrics.

Cyana, do you have a Best Buy in your area? Best Buy has upright freezers. Costco might have upright freezers too and you can return it at Costco if you don't like it.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 11:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I'm so happy it was helpful to you! Thanks to Baxter Bell (Yoga for Healthy Aging training), I am definitely adding more dynamic moves to my yoga teaching. It's helpful to me because then I can switch things up in class by deciding to do a static hold or to be more dynamic; I also think the mobility work is nice for the short practices.

LOL about that shirt - it's kind of an old one that I got from Goodwill (although probably 80-90% of my clothes are from Goodwill). For the lunch break videos, I try to wear my "work" clothes; that video was kind of in-between since I filmed it on a work-from-home day.

ETA add:
Oops, I was thinking about the wrong shirt...I was thinking of the one from the prior video, the restorative one. But otherwise, my answer is the same, that shirt is an old shirt from Goodwill too. I do really like that one b/c I like the style of how it is gathered in the front (although it's longer in the front than the back, which is a little weird), and I like that the different colors make it easy to match with bottoms.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-19-21, 11:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning from the land of rain and floods.

We are good here but the mainland east of Vancouver is a terrible disaster with flooding and mudslides. People were stranded and there were some deaths. We had major droughts in the summer and now we are being washed away! Farmlands are flooded and highways are washed out, a couple of smaller towns completely evacuated. Our island had significant damage to the main highway that connects the north island with Victoria. DH and I are in Victoria now to help out with the kids as DS & DIL have to work this weekend. We avoided the slowdown on the highway by taking a one time special ferry run down the coast.

My company left yesterday after nine days. I am a bit worn out from having to be “on” every day with little down time. My girlfriend who stayed the full nine days is awesome, but she talks a lot and tends to follow me around the house. I’ve been so solitary the past 18 months that I found it wearing. Our other friends only stayed four days. We had a great time but I’m ready for some alone time. That will have to wait until next week.

I taught Essentrics twice last week, kept up my PT exercises, and got some nice walks in, otherwise no formal exercise though.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 01:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I could definitely understand 9 days of company being exhausting (even if fun). I hope you get your rest time soon!

Today has been a much better day, but KNOCK WOOD since last Friday afternoon I wound up dealing with a crisis situation at the 11th hour.

Follow me @YogiBethC