Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-30-21, 12:55 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I just finished watching Police University (with Cha Taehyun). I don't watch much fantasy, but I'll check out your recommendation. Thanks for the link
You're welcome.
Was PU any good? Where did you watch it?

Tale of the Nine-Tailed is my first kdrama and I really like it! Such great story telling and a perfect mix of mythology, supernatural, romance, drama, and comedy. Kind of reminds me of the show Supernatural. I recently watched 3 Korean movies (Train to Busan, Little Forest, A Werewolf Boy) that were so good I thought I'd try a kdrama. When I saw this clip, I was intrigued.

We like this so much next we will be watching Goblin (AKA Guardian: The Lonely & Great God). The same actor is in it as the Grim Reaper and I like that it is filmed in Quebec. It has even higher reviews than Tale of the Nine-Tailed.
Old 10-31-21, 09:37 PM  
Venus

Sandra, I did enjoy watching Police University I first saw it on The Roku Channel. I'll PM you the link to where I watched it.

I've watched some Korean movies, but fewer dramas. The last drama I watched was Cheat On Me, If You Can; I liked it even more than Police University.
Goblin is on my list to watch. I liked Train to Busan, even though I didn't think I'd like a zombie movie. I found it on Tubi. I haven't seen the other two you mentioned. I think pretty much everything I've watched has been good. The first Korean movie I watched was 200 Pounds Beauty. Part Time Spy is another of my favorites. I've watched both multiple times.

I have a few Korean variety shows I watch weekly. I mostly stick to that, but I'll watch a movie or drama once in a while, especially if I recognize some of the actors. Last year, I found a bunch of Korean movies on The Roku Channel and watched a few on there. I've also found some on YouTube and the public library. I keep a list of the movies I watch, so if you have Roku or Tubi here are a few I enjoyed: Mother, The Grand Heist, Miracle in Cell No. 7, The Royal Tailor, Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned, The Swordsman. If you haven't watched Parasite or Minari, those are more recent movies I checked out from my public library. These were mostly ones I watched this year; there's a lot more great movies!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 08:02 PM  
BunnyHop

Now that I've worked my way through Elementary, I've started watching The X-Files for the first time in a long time.

I'm enjoying it, mostly because the individual episodes are good, and despite the fact that the show as a whole didn't come to a satisfying resolution.

It's fun seeing Scully's clothes and remembering the stuff I had of a similar cut way back when.
Old 11-07-21, 04:47 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Sandra, I did enjoy watching Police University I first saw it on The Roku Channel. I'll PM you the link to where I watched it.

I've watched some Korean movies, but fewer dramas. The last drama I watched was Cheat On Me, If You Can; I liked it even more than Police University.
Goblin is on my list to watch. I liked Train to Busan, even though I didn't think I'd like a zombie movie. I found it on Tubi. I haven't seen the other two you mentioned. I think pretty much everything I've watched has been good. The first Korean movie I watched was 200 Pounds Beauty. Part Time Spy is another of my favorites. I've watched both multiple times.

I have a few Korean variety shows I watch weekly. I mostly stick to that, but I'll watch a movie or drama once in a while, especially if I recognize some of the actors. Last year, I found a bunch of Korean movies on The Roku Channel and watched a few on there. I've also found some on YouTube and the public library. I keep a list of the movies I watch, so if you have Roku or Tubi here are a few I enjoyed: Mother, The Grand Heist, Miracle in Cell No. 7, The Royal Tailor, Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned, The Swordsman. If you haven't watched Parasite or Minari, those are more recent movies I checked out from my public library. These were mostly ones I watched this year; there's a lot more great movies!
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out!
I have seen the movies Minari, Parasite and also Kim Ji Young, Born 1982 (book was much better) and The Last Princess.
200 Pounds Beauty & The Royal Tailor are already in my to watch list with Flu, A Taxi Driver, & Be With You.

We started the kdrama True Beauty this weekend and so far it is funny & cute.

We rotate Kpop variety shows & also watch eps of Running Man, Battle Trip, I Live Alone, Return of Superman once in awhile.

My kdrama to watch list is quickly growing: Yumi's Cells, Coffee Prince, It's Okay to Not Be Okay, My Love From the Star, Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, Healer, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, Zombie Detective, Oh My Venus, Goblin, Squid Game.
Old 11-07-21, 09:00 PM  
Venus

Sandra, I watch Running Man, My Little Old Boy/Mom's Diary, 2 Days & 1 Night, and pretty much anything with BTS. I used to watch Knowing Bros, but haven't watched regularly in a while. I've seen bits of other variety shows, including Battle Trip and I Live Alone, here and there. I've watched some clips of The Return of Superman, but the first few I listed are what I've stuck with. I started watching Running Man from the beginning, and I'm on episode 431 right now Still enjoying it. That's what I've been watching when I don't feel like watching anything else.

From the dramas you mentioned, I've watched Coffee Prince. I binge watched it. I have a few on my watch list as well, and I'll have to look up some of the others. I don't know when I'll watch them all!

I'm glad you posted in this thread; I was feeling like the odd one out
Old 11-08-21, 02:33 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Sandra & Venus - I haven't watched any k-dramas, but I like some of the Korean horror films.

I have been self-teaching myself Japanese for years. I enjoy all kinds of Japanese films. There are supposed to be some great J-dramas, too.

I did watch the historical comedy Samurai Cat (2014), which was pretty good.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 11:26 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Sandra & Venus - I haven't watched any k-dramas, but I like some of the Korean horror films.

I have been self-teaching myself Japanese for years. I enjoy all kinds of Japanese films. There are supposed to be some great J-dramas, too.

I did watch the historical comedy Samurai Cat (2014), which was pretty good.
I haven't watched any Japanese dramas, but I have seen Studio Ghibli (and similar) films, which I've enjoyed watching.
Old 11-09-21, 07:24 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I haven't watched the first episode yet, but I'm excited for Dexter to be back on SHO for 10 episodes. I did watch the 2013 season finale the other day, and didn't remember most of it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 07:36 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I haven't watched the first episode yet, but I'm excited for Dexter to be back on SHO for 10 episodes. I did watch the 2013 season finale the other day, and didn't remember most of it.
Amazon Prime has a deal for Showtime and Amazon Music for 99 cents a month for three months. I signed up just to see Dexter. There is a season eight recap on you tube. I had forgotten it all except what happened to Deb and where Dexter ended up. I will watch the new episode tonight.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 02:01 PM  
warriorprincess

We're watching The Gift, I-land, Away, and Tidelands, all on Netflix I think. Each of these is growing on me.

I'm reading the Wheel of Time series because the Amazon series based on it starts on the 19th. They did such a good job with The Expanse, that I'm very excited about it.

Conversely, I'm not happy with The Foundation by Apple. I looked forward to that series ever since I heard it was coming, but even though I reread the series, I'm always wondering either what's going on or why it's important. Oh, I'll finish watching it. Asimov was my original hero.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic