Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-08-21, 03:22 PM  
bjones

Quick Question on Pahla B's 5-0 plan

I see we are to eat the same amount of calories each day. Are we to do the 25 min of moderate exercise daily as well? Right now I do 45 minutes 4 days a week. Its basically the same amount of minutes as 25 min 7 days a week. Has anyone noticed a difference doing shorter workouts daily vs longer workouts less days per week?
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 03:30 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

I think the idea behind Pahla's weight loss strategy is to keep everything consistent so that your body feels "safe" enough to release weight. So, I think her intention is to have you do moderate exercise every day, eat the same # of calories, drink the right amount of water, get enough sleep and "manage your mind".

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 06:05 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

I think the idea behind Pahla's weight loss strategy is to keep everything consistent so that your body feels "safe" enough to release weight. So, I think her intention is to have you do moderate exercise every day, eat the same # of calories, drink the right amount of water, get enough sleep and "manage your mind".

Donna
Donna summed it up well. No rest days in Pahla's plan - roughly a similar effort all 7 days of the week.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 06:24 PM  
ellaenchanted

She says to do what is moderate for you. I do 45 minutes most days. I will do 2 of her recent workouts to get the 45ish minutes. I also do Leslie, Jessica, Chris Freytag/Get Healthy U TV, and other YT workouts. Sometimes I do outdoor walks. I am not menopausal so my moderate will be different from others. Also deoends on your fitness level. Ther are day where I don't have time for a workout so I do 5 days consistently each week. Today I did 2.5 hours of cleaning so I didn't do a formal workout.

It is about being consistent and feeling worked out but not tired for the day or sore.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 08:03 PM  
bjones

Ok, I think I get it. Do what is moderate for my fitness level, whether thats 25 min or 45 minutes as long as I don't feel worn out. And do it daily.
Old 08-09-21, 10:30 AM  
Rhonda

I usually add on Pahla's as an "extra" get off my butt workout when I am home working. I need movement and her workouts are a nice way to break up the day.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 09:07 PM  
bjones

I may do them on my 3 other days that I just do yoga. They look like good moving around but not wearing you out type of workouts.
Old 08-10-21, 07:55 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post

It is about being consistent and feeling worked out but not tired for the day or sore.
Exactly - you want to exercise enough but not so much that you have a hard time recovering from it. So it is all individual and about listening to your body and balancing the other activities you do (such as yard work, cleaning, etc.)

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duration and frequency, over 50, pahla bowers