Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-14, 09:06 AM  
gigithesheltie

Suggestions for shoes for barefoot cardio

I've recently gotten back into fusion style workouts such as the Core Fusion cardio and bootcamp classes on YogaVibes. They are kind of Dream Body lite with lots of mountain climbers. I like the barefoot feeling but it tears up my toes (literally tears the skin off my toes). The grippy socks are fine for barre classes, but they tend to slide around during the cardio. I have also tried the Zem booties that they sell at Exhale. Those slide as well, probably because I have such narrow and long feet. I would like a more traditional sneaker that laces up, but more of a low profile. A lot of the barefoot running shoes still seem to have a stiff sole and are very wide for my feet. I would like a shoe that has lots of flexibility but still provides some stability and protection. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
gigithesheltie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 09:36 AM  
BigBadBetty

I like the Merrell glove series. They aren't so terribly wide. I wouldn't say narrow exactly, but so many athletics shoes are so wide. Each style of the Merrell glove runs differently so I highly recommend trying them on.

I love the Vivobarefoot, but they run wide. I can tie them tighter to make them fit, but they look dorky because they are bunched up too much. I don't mind, but I know some people here want to look nice.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 09:47 AM  
gigithesheltie

Thanks Betty! Maybe I need to revisit the Merrell Glove. I had the Glove Mary Jane just for walking around, and they were too big in the toe box. However, if I get the lace ups, then maybe those will work. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 06-10-14, 09:51 AM  
Gayleski

I still love my Vibram FiveFingers. Just got a new pair of the Bikila LS (with speed laces).
Old 06-10-14, 10:06 AM  
Tugger31

I know Suzanna Bowen wears the Merrell Gloves. I recently bought a pair of New Balance Light Running shoes and LOVE them! They weigh less than my slippers and I got them at a discount store for $50! Can't beat that! I think any of the new "minimal" or "light" running shoes would work great.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 10:46 AM  
cherimac

I like Nike Studio wraps but don't know if they give enough support for Dreambody. I do light jumping in mine, and know Jessica Smith does too in her ballet cardio workouts.
Old 06-10-14, 11:27 AM  
MelissaR

I like my Merrel Bare Access. I can tighten them as needed & wear socks. My feet are more narrow & these fit me good.
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 11:48 AM  
starbelly

The Bare Access are zero drop but have more cushion than the Merrell Glove series. The Pace Glove is meant for trails and has a plate to protect the feet so the Dash Glove (now called Road Dash or something similar) might be a better choice.

I love my Vibram 5Finger Jayas but I heard that they have been discontinued. They are extremely light and flexible and stay on the feet well. The soles aren't meant for running so they are thinner and even more flexible than a regular 5Finger sole.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 12:09 PM  
gigithesheltie

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! You all have been most helpful! I have my Amazon and Zappos shopping carts filled!!! Thank goodness for free returns.
Old 06-10-14, 09:04 PM  
missaulnier

I just got these Merrell Crush Glove Crosstrainers on Amazon for $36!! I use them for all my home workouts, I'm very satisfied so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Womens.../dp/B00BLQ9A08
missaulnier is offline   Reply With Quote