Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-24, 07:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

WWW, I think I may have misunderstood what you meant by your comment about your lack of progress on your weight loss goals--I thought you had been following what had worked for you before and it wasn't working this time. My thought was in response to that understanding--I know I've had to make some adjustments to find out what had worked for me in the past to where I am now. And I want to join PP in thanking you for the Caroline recommendation. I really do feel that I need to mix it up a bit, and that workout seems like a good option.

PP, I get Chris' weekly schedule, and also her "previews" on FB, so I know in advance who her guests are for Saturday step, if she has any, and generally the music selection. When I saw her guest, I said nope, not going to do that one. I was fine with her when in a larger group, but I just can't take someone chomping on gum in a public workout like that. I reserve the right to change my mind, though, as I do mostly like the more advanced Saturday step workouts and have been disappointed of the past several weeks. I've been in a workout funk recently and when that happens, I usually go back to Cathe. Oh, and I can't really remember the music in Kick Punch Crunch so I obviously can't remember whether it was electronica or not.

LL, Okay, it must be the week for weird tweaking, as I tweaked my lower side doing a very gentle stretch of my triceps after yesterday's workout. Ugh. I hope your shoulders are doing better today! I'm a fan of kickboxing, but not so much Cathe's kickboxing. All of them seem to blend together, but they are somewhat uninspiring to me. Chele and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum on that!

Waves and hugs!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 07:22 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Forgot my workouts, haha!

Cathe Live #483 Glute Glute Hooray! WWW mentioned this one I think and I also liked it (well, except for the 1,000,000 iterations of deadlifts, I mean, really, how about some other exercises that target those muscles??). I followed it with #484 Cardio Core Express. So I thought to myself that I could just skip the core part, but I ended up not doing so. It was standing core work and I enjoyed it and the whole workout! Short, efficient, not difficult, and fun!! I did modify up on some of the cardio as I wanted a bit more bang for my buck, but it was easy to do so. She first did a lower impact move, then a higher impact move so participants had a choice. I wonder if this workout was a "tryout" for what she plans for the new series and she's done that in the past. I hope so as I enjoyed it---gentler options but still a good workout.

Thinking about our absent Watulans---hope all is well.

Waves and hugs!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 07:34 PM  
manleym

Hi all! Hope this goes through. I think all of the issues have been resolved. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

We've had crazy weather too. Record setting highs one day, SUPER windy, dreary, and cold the next. Plus the wildfires in the Panhandle.

KateTT do you know about Caroline's app? I think it's pretty reasonable from what I remember. 2 Lazy is a huge fan and uses it alot. Thought you might be interested. Caroline is just so good! Love her! Even with my wimpy weights. LOL!

ChelePA the Cher Broadway show sounds like alot of fun! I too loved and watched the S&C show. I always loved it when she flicked her hair back. I always wanted to do that. LOL!

Cataddict wouldn't it be so fun to go to Chris's live in Niagara? Not paying to ship a step though. Sounds like alot of her friends are going to be there. Should be a great time.

Keeping this brief. Gotta run to watch some college bball!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 07:41 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Last week:
Tues - CD 40-Minute Hip Hop Tabata Cardio Workout with Dumbbells (LOTS of FUN! Loved the dance parts; not alot of weights) + 30 Min Full-Body Stretching Routine! Deep Stretch for Tight Muscles using Towel or Yoga Strap

Wed - 5 Parks Yoga for Marathon Runners (and Everyone Else!) 50 Minute Yoga Class (great stretch for LB) + CD Powerful Upper Body & Abs Workout with Dumbbells and Mini Bands Quick & Effective (GREAT! Annoying during CDown)

Thurs - CD Step Aerobics with Weights Interval Workout at Home! 134-136 bpm Step & Tone (GREAT workout & music; used 2 risers - felt the difference; nice combo of easy step & weights; some abs; liked band work at end)

Fri - CD Butt And Legs Killer Glute Workout! Dumbbells and mini Band (GREAT workout; LB fried;weights; BW/mat; bands; filmed during covid shutdown; too much interaction with online group)

Sat - CD Step Aerobics Cardio: 60 Min Fast-Paced Stepper Workout with Stretch #362 - 140 BPM (FUN! LOVED fast pace; 144 bpm final combo; did 3 more times; great music; subbed a few moves to make choreo more complex - reverse sprinklers; reverse rocking horse, etc)

This week:
Mon - Dental Max - permanent crown + CD 45 Min Engaging Total Body Workout!! Get Lean And Burn Fat + CG 15 Min Standing Abs Workout Arms + Core with Dumbbells (great add-on)

Tues - 5 Parks Plank-Infused Vinyasa: Energize Your Flow Yoga Class + CD The New 80's Step Workout Intermediate to Advanced #326-135+ BPM (LOVED! BLAST! Did final combo 4-5 more times; GREAT music; GREAT routine; loved the quick fast footwork; not too much breakdown)

Wed - KCM Balance, Strength, & Core

Thurs - CD 50 Min Super Legs & Abs Workout Strength & Toning Booty Lifting Exercise

Fri - KCM Boxfit Box Combos + UB premix (good; not super fun but good workout; fast pace; each BP round done twice, no rest between, endurance; hubby commented that this didn’t seem as fun as Chris - HA! I told him he was right!)

Sat - CD Intermediate/Advanced Step Aerobics - Dance Music - 364 - 135 BPM+ (FUN! Did finished combo 3 more times; don’t know how Dawn uses that short step; thought Cataddict would pass since Dawn was the guest - HA!)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-24, 01:22 PM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Today's Cathe's Metabolic blast looked like an overkill for my shoulders, so instead I did:
- Chris Dorner - Basic Beginner Step Aerobics Workout. It was a very easy to follow class and Chris was amazing as always
https://youtu.be/kG6aDQciofY?si=daPTasITIJ8THLkv
- Justina - 5 min forward head fix
- Pursuit mobility Day 1: Lower body. This is Lauren and Jason Pak's 6 weeks pdf program I bought a while ago and never really tried It has 42 mobility workouts, 5min each with video demos and follow along videos.

We went to watch Master and Margarita musical today. It was a very contemporary version with only 5 actors, minimalistic decorations, retrowave and techno music (and even one Soviet song ). It made me want to re-read the book.

Chele, I think it could be a combination of my overall upper body stiffness and Cathe's love of tricep dips and overhead presses. I hope adding more mobility workouts makes it better.

Cataddict, I hope your lower side is getting better

Waves everyone!
Old 03-03-24, 02:55 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Our whiplash weather is not nearly such an extreme whiplash. A couple of teaser "spring" days and back to rain and wind, but the temperature is not vacillating quite so much.

Kate, Iron is my favorite Caroline series! To be fair, it's the only one I completed. . I'm wondering if the workouts will feel too short for you -- that was part of the appeal for me -- and cataddict, the reason why I almost never had dread for them.... except maybe those glute days when there were so so so many bridges/glute raises. Oh, and dread for the music, of course.

Oh brother... I wrote the above days ago, obviously got distracted, and haven't been back since. So, I haven't read recent posts, but I'm just going to go with this, because I'll never post otherwise, I fear!

Friday I did Killer Legs -- just the main workout. I enjoyed it. I haven't been doing weights much lately, so I went lighter than I normally would have. Yesterday I did Power 30 Upper -- love that for no nonsense quick upper body. Chele, I really need to do the Hiit ones again -- my memory is that I liked them. Today I did Gloved Up and Sweaty. I enjoyed it, but I probably could live without it. I felt awkward at times and I wasn't sure if it was me (it could well have been!) or the way she put some of the moves together. I did wear my weighted gloves. Heart rate never got super high, but it was consistently up. Because of my weighted gloves, some timer kept getting set on my watch -- that was very annoying and I'm sure my battery life will be shorter at the end of this day.

Ok, I'll keep this brief since I have catching up to do!
Old 03-03-24, 11:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh I'm back....

funny how many of us are having crazy winds. It was just about the scariest we've had here the other night. I cannot believe our power stayed on! And it's been cold again.... 38 when I went out to the barn this morning for GU&S.

Kate, I'm in the "I know what to do (about eating/weight) but I just can't make myself do it" place. Ug. Having missed many days of working out, and now getting back into it, I will say that working out increases my appetite big time. I ended up ordering some meals from factor meals (website) because whenever I have easy full meals I tend not to reach for sweets.

The Cher show sounds like so much fun, Chele -- and always great to see local talent in something!! P-L, I must confess that I have never heard of the musical you mentioned. I will look it up and learn something new!

Hope everyone enjoyed their various basketball games! Wow, saw the headline about the Warrior game today.... what happened?!?! (rhetorical, because I know the answer must be "a big screwup!").
Old 03-04-24, 10:04 AM  
horusosiris

Hello Watulans

I am continuing with Epic Endgame.

Kate- achieving weight loss does indeed change with age. As you have said, what worked at one point in your life, may not be effective now. In general, menopausal/ postmenopausal weight loss is more difficult, but this may not be your case. As we age, I have found that too much vigorous exercise impedes weight loss probably secondary to increase cortisol levels. Perhaps, rather than one long exercise session try two (morning and evening) shorter sessions? My most effective strategy has always been to limit carbohydrates. Did they check your vitamin D levels? Intermittent fasting never worked for me. It was actually an impediment.

PL- My experience with Cathe is that she has a tendency to overwork the shoulders,

Chel- I am glad you enjoyed the Cher concert. I know you do not care for Lebron but he did have a marvelous game and helped the Llakers overcome a huge deficit last week. Lebron keeps giving and giving….

Cataddict -CL 483 is a good one!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-24, 11:57 AM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris...he is definitely an awesome player just not my favorite I love Steph Curry...wish he was on the Sixers. Maxey is fun to watch these days!

Yesterday was X77 for my birthday challenge followed a few hours later with a Peloton Full Body Strength, hitting my 1000 classes milestone. We also took a 1 1/2 mile walk with the dogs. Winston can't handle more than that...haha. Finley is the energizer bunny and would just keep going and going.

I finished my Cathe rotation for the month so I am still trying to decide if I will choose another one of hers or something else. I took A New Day Ride. 45-minute Peloton cycling class. It encourages you to make 100-day goals then a new class will be released. Very empowering! The themes included: reflecting, reigniting and reclaiming. Basically, not using the common excuse of one day I will do this. Start today! A new beginning.

Going to be in the 60s this afternoon before the rain arrives tomorrow. I may bring the dogs to visit my daughter's college friends if they have free time.

Happy Monday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-24, 11:07 AM  
ChelePA

For this week, I am going random...haha. Today was a lighter day.

Warmed up with Chris' newest vertical step. It was very basic and done at a slower pace. I was able to add some power to most moves.

Bee, Kate, and PL...you might want to try this one for something different.

Followed with Kat's newest 30-minute cardio/strength workout. The heaviest dumbbells are 12 pounds. She performs each move at a slower pace so you ladies could really lift heavy if you wanted

Finished with a Peloton Epic Sing Along Ride! Love these classes for steady state cardio and the fun factor!!!

I'll be walking my neighbor's dog later. Really hoping the rain slows down by then, otherwise it will be a wet one
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in