Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-06, 06:46 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Unhappy Leslie's 5-Mile - negative impressions...

I am stunned! I don't think I like Leslie's new 5-Mile workout!

Just FYI, I have most of Leslie's workouts and I like her a lot. I would say that three quarters of the workouts I did in 2005 were hers. She has been my best pal through the years.

So, I tried to do the 5-Mile one today. Twice! I couldn't finish.

The first thing I noticed is that the picture, and especially Leslie, was very ORANGE. So, I spent the first five minutes trying to adjust the color. I haven't fooled with the color on this TV since it was new ages ago. So, I got the picture so that everyone looked almost normal and then I heard that Carl guy laughing. Carl is very annoying. I have only seen him for a few minutes, yet I feel I can say that with confidence. (Where, oh where, is the wonderful Alton??????)

I got so annoyed I stopped the workout and walked around the house for about ten minutes. Then, I figured I was overreacting and decided to try it again. This time I saw that Leslie looked like she had been hitting the tanning salon too much. An orangy-tan. The lighting is bad so everyone's faces look too shiny.

And Leslie is even more hyper than usual. Almost Kathy Smith in "Lift Weights To Lose Weight" hyper.

I was really looking forward to this workout. I'm not going to try it again for a few days. Maybe it just isn't a good day for me. I have been under the weather for a while. I may like it better the next time I try it. I hope!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 06:54 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Alta, the production isn't the best. Another negative is that I can barely hear the music.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 06:56 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

did she choose a new director or a new producer?

cal pozo did the earlier ones.
andrea ambandos did the WATP series.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 07:00 PM  
icey

Question

How many calories do you really burn on a Leslie workout? What is the average for 1, 2, 3, 5 mile? I know she has tubing, weights while walking, but is she worth purchasing? Are these walking vids worth the wait in taking out your cc? Just curious, always looking to shake things up....
Old 01-25-06, 07:17 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S.
Another negative is that I can barely hear the music.
Yes, the very low music volume, too! :rolleyes:

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 07:37 PM  
KathAL79

Alta, posting negative impressions about a workout?! Never!

I had eyed this one, but now I will definitely wait until it goes retail--for much less than $25 + s/h.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 08:14 PM  
dnk
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta

And Leslie is even more hyper than usual. Almost Kathy Smith in "Lift Weights To Lose Weight" hyper.
That's a deal breaker for me right there.

Deb
dnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 08:21 PM  
ms1971

Hi.
Thanks for your comments. I'm living with my mom and she does Leslie Every Day. Today we did the original Walk Aerobics. We also have WATP 2 miles and WATP 2 miles for Abs, One Mile in Home Walking, and Evening Mile plus legs. Her workout are great in that you don't need to concentrate to hard on what your doing but they can be so repetative. I'm not going to buy the new 5 mile. I think I'll try her old 2 mile walk it sounds like there are more different movements than the ones I've been doing.

Mel
ms1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 09:05 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

Gotta say I didn't notice anything orange-y. I liked the new set much better than the warehouse set they used last time.

I didn't notice anything irritating about Carl either. Well, except that he isn't Alton or Randy.

And, Leslie just seemed happier and less scripted to me. I didn't think she was anywhere near LWTLW manic.

Maybe it will seem better to you on a second try. Or, maybe the world will swing the other way and I'll grow to hate it after a few more workouts.

Laura (LCC)

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 09:38 PM  
suebella
VF Supporter

Oh Alta!

So sorry you don't like it. I know you were looking forward to it!

I do like this workout myself. I haven't noticed any orange tint, so that may be a problem with your dvd. There are a lot of colors on the set and in the clothes that don't always match or coordinate....maybe that's making it more orange?

Oddly enough, I thought you would probably not like Jimmy, but I didn't see Carl as a problem. Jimmy is the guy in the back who does the sort of Cedie-type whooping on the fast miles.

I do feel the lack of the wonderful Alton, though!

I didn't find Leslie too hyper, but she is --mmm? --- really energetic in this one. She does seem less scripted. I found her to be almost super leslie-fied.

If you end up hating it, I bet you can get a could trade or price for it. And you can get the same type of leslie workout by doing her shorter workouts a couple of times!

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 mile walk, dislike