Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-02, 09:01 PM  
Sarah K
VF Supporter

Weights III

I think the tape most similar to MIS in terms of length (70 minutes) and intensity is Weights III (sorry, I'm not familiar with Power Hour). Weights III starts out with a warm-up and then a very long stretch. It is a tough tape. Other full body tapes that I like are Tough Tape 2, Gilad's Sculpt and Tone (65 min), KS TimeSaver, and Firm Strength, but I think Weights III is more on par to MIS.
Sarah K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-02, 09:19 PM  
Ivy Ann
VF Supporter

What about Karen's

Great Weighted Workout?
Ivy Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-02, 10:29 PM  
kisuzu

CIA

My vote is also for CIA Power Bar Training with the sisters.This video really works you.You must try Brand New Butt & More.I am not joking this video uses light weights and core strenght and it is very difficult.Thank you Mollie for making me laugh.Kathy does get way to excited in that video.I wonder what has happened to her .She has made some great videos in the past.
Old 01-10-02, 10:48 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I second Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout but it certainly is not for the faint of heart or faint of rotator cuff muscles! She uses light weights (3 lb dumbbells) for the upper body portion but she really does go crazy on movements that involve the rotator cuff. Ouch. I really like the tape for its brisk warm-up which incorporates some standing leg work, the leg floorwork (toughest to ever exist!) and the abs section. I have only done the upper body section twice and my shoulders said "no more."

A lesser known goodie is Body ART which uses a dynaband and 5-8 lb dumbbells over 65-70 minutes for a tough endurance workout. I've heard great things about Keli Robert's Straight Up Sculpt and some Body Bar workouts too but haven't actually tried them. I guess FIRM Tough Tape does the job too but it has more sets for lower body than upper body compared to Tough Tape 2. Some folks like FIRM Bust and Butt but others say it moves too quickly for comfort and safety (and other FIRMs are fast enough for me already!)
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-02, 09:18 AM  
desie

Hi Colette,

If you are a true-blue Cathe fan I think you might find that a new tape from another instructor will turn out to be your 3rd favourite. She's that good. I would consider other Cathe tapes, they don't disappoint. Desie
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-02, 09:22 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Another Cathe tape to consider would be Bodymax. You can skip the step section and just do the circuit step/weighted legwork section and the upper body section for a full body workout in an hour.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body art, keli roberts, marianne nicolosi, resistance band workouts