Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-22, 10:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thumbs up Age is nothing but a NUMBER!

I found this video yesterday, and thought it was pretty cool, I love their energy! I am in my 40s, and I hope to be able to keep training as them as I get more older. Stay blessed you all!

60-YEAR-OLD MAN & 70-YEAR-OLD WOMAN USE CALISTHENICS FITNESS TO UNLOCK THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-22, 06:31 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Kudos to them (although they're certainly not old!).
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-22, 09:07 AM  
fanofladyvols

That woman is AMAZING! Thanks for posting this ASAS!

I had my niece and nephew with me for a week and made them do core work, mobility and hike or cardio every day. These young kids were so stiff and didn't have great cardio but we had a great time anyway! I'm hoping it made an impact on them.

Keep moving everyone...no matter how young you are!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-22, 11:52 AM  
kat999

I have a dear friend who is a few years younger than me. She used to be an avid exerciser but life and work got in the way, and now she has really debilitating muscluloskeletal problems and has a lot of mobility trouble that makes simple tasks very difficult. This woman is under 45 and struggles to walk through a grocery store without assistance. Compare this to my mother who is 72 and some days gets over 20,000 steps. She has some of the same causes of muscoloskeletal pain that my friend does but is 30 years older and stays mobile and moving pretty much all day every day, which helps her not struggle as much. Otherwise, they are largely of a similar size and shape and eating habits; the difference is down to staying mobile, active, and integrating exercise into the entire day.
Old 07-12-22, 07:02 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thanks to the person, who added tags!

You are welcome FOLV! Kudos to you for giving your niece and nephew a good example, I hope they keep active. And I agree, that woman is amazing, if she didn't say her age, I thought she was 15-20 years younger.

My mom is 75 years old, and she is very active, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. as she has ever been, but when I tell her she should get a pair of dumbbell and do some strengthening exercises for bone help, etc, she says she does enough around the house. She has never been into exercise, when younger she sometimes would follow a diet or a folk miracle remedy to flatten the stomach, but no exercise that I remember I wish she would consider doing some form of exercise.

I do think exercise is the fountain of youth!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 07-14-22, 03:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the link, ASAS!

The best lesson is to keep at it as best you can. I can't jump rope, but I can speed walk up a hill at a good clip.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 04:56 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

You are welcome! I totally agree Alta! And be grateful for what we can do!

Old 01-27-23, 01:46 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

OLD THREAD ALERT.

Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to update this one.

Another inspirational woman!! Takishima Mika 91 years old, she got into fitness at 65, and is now a fitness instructor. She is strong!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UdXQG478g_w

Old 01-27-23, 02:31 PM  
warriorprincess

Wow! Takishima Mika is amazing. Thanks for posting.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 07:55 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

You are welcome WarriorPrincess!

Tags
aging, fitness, healthy lifestyle, inspiration, inspirational, longevity, motivation, over 50