Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-07-22, 09:06 PM  
LizEMA

(Finally can post again!)

Jane,
I have ZERO interest in doing Caroline's cardio or HIIT WOs, EVER, but thanks for the Epic Heat and Endgame mentions because I will surely be looking for more Caroline after this, and those sound like perfect follow-up contenders to the IRON series. I'll just sub in some CL or something when a cardio or HIIT comes up for them.

Thanks for the vest tip, as well. I have one and never use it! It just doesn't occur to me to actually USE the things I own.

And, I can NOT always match Caroline's weights. LB most of the time, but she slays me with her UB weights. I try and get as close as I can, but she often puts me to shame! I really need to put my ego aside with my weights selection and go a little bit lighter so I can get super deep in to the move like she does.

Oh, the trials and tribulations of geriatric life. I am familiar with it. I am so pleased to hear he is doing so well. And congrats to your sister on her new house! This market is CRAZY for buyers. I'm glad she was able to have a successful purchase. I bet you're excited about her being so close by now.
Old 05-07-22, 09:11 PM  
LizEMA

Hi to all my other JTW crew!

Helen, what a great idea to use push up bars for levitation holds! I need another piece of fitness equipment like I need a hole in the head, but the seed has been planted...LOL
You haven't checked in in almost a week. I'm hoping it's just life and being busy that is keeping you away and nothing else.

ASAS, you've been quiet since I popped back in this month. Hope all is well with you.

T2B, very belated congratulations on your results from your STS/LIS rotation. Such awesome progress! Those GS WOs are killer. I did them last month, and they were TOUGH.

Elsie, I know you have been inundated with moving and the preparations. If you get a chance, let us know how things are going. I'm hoping you will be finished with it all soon and can get back in to a less hectic schedule.

Bex, I love how you have turned your difficult time in to such a positive.

Tammie, your variety this month so far is impressive! I am envious. WTG!

It looks like amg has been MIA for a bit now, but, if you're reading, hope your pickle ball is still keeping you and your DS busy and happy.

Chrys, sending you healing vibes.
Old 05-08-22, 09:57 AM  
LizEMA

Just wanted to wish all my JTW moms a Happy Mother's Day!!
Old 05-08-22, 10:16 AM  
T2B

Liz - good to see you posting! Love reading your comments! Thank you for the HMD wishes! How is your Mom doing? And has your neighbor chilled out?

Assweet - hi, hope all is well!

Jane - I finished Ted Lasso, I really enjoyed it and was like this at the end of season 2

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 06:09 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Liz & T2B, I took a few days off to rest as I was feeling super tired, then life got on the way, I will hopefully get back on the horse soon. Thanks for asking.

Take care you all.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 01:06 AM  
LizEMA

T2B,
So glad you popped back in.
I am equally as glad that you brought up Ted Lasso!
I saw that it had been mentioned last month and was upset that I had missed out on being included in the conversation because I LOOOOOVE Ted Lasso.
Binged both seasons in the late fall, then immediately started rewatching them in January/February when I was feeling like I needed an injection of goodness and positivity.
There is nothing I don't love about that show, except for the fact that this upcoming season is going to be the last! Wah!

Thanks for asking about my Mom. She has mostly settled, but, unfortunately, has continued to quickly decline, cognitively, in noticeable, worrying, and, sometimes, troubling ways. I am buoyed by the fact that I know she is safe where she is, but the severity and speed of her decline has caught me off guard. She is as content as someone in her position can be, for the most part, and I am just trying to cherish our moments, focus on the positives and be grateful for all the things that could be worse.
(However, I am largely perturbed by the level of involvement of the facility, or lack thereof, in keeping her engaged with activities, something we were assured would not be an issue for them.)

My neighbor. LOL. Well, some improvements in that he has a warm weather ritual that involves much less mooing and mostly consists of lots of giggling to himself. He's got what I call the snake giggle (like giggling through closed teeth so all that one hears is esses, "sss sss sss") and the machine gun giggle ("hehehe hehehe hehehe" which sounds like, you guessed it, a machine gun). So, overall, definitely creepier and more disturbing but also much quieter.
And he has been doubly quiet since FOUR police officers came to take him away in cuffs this past week. ??? NO idea what it was all about. (It was the second time in about 18 months, though, that he was led away in cuffs. Both times back in about 4 hours, however, so I imagine nothing serious. Or, at least nothing they could charge him with?) I'm hoping this week to find out from his Mom what happened. It will be really nice out, so I'll be out in the yard doing work and can hopefully catch her.
You are VERY sweet to ask.
I have missed everyone!

ASAS,
I know how easily life can muck up, well, life. I hope it's nothing serious, though, and that you will be back here posting soon. Of course, do what is right for you. I just miss your posts.
Old 05-09-22, 10:16 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
Well, yes, it sounds like it might be a sight but I think they could be beneficial to you during LB WOs, at least. I tried them again today, using them right from the start and not busting them out just when my grip was already fatigued, and I found them to be much more helpful. I wasn't using the 45s as much as during the other WO, though, so that may have been a factor in this run being more successful with them. I'll try them again for another lengthy LB WO and report back.

As far as my comments. In January, I was trying to be very concise and succinct in my WO posts, but, this month, I am just letting loose.
I'm sure you can believe it, but I am even more verbose in my personal notes.
Thank you, as always, for being such a kind spirit.

As IF!! I am continuously impressed by, not only your WOs (and your weight selections), but your consistency with them and dedication to your fitness.
Those are the best kinds of surprises, though, my favorite is when I realize I still have extra cals in my day to splurge on.

Is your Mom still enjoying the ALF? She must be pretty settled by now.
Liz, I'm so glad the lifting straps are helping! That's great! And glad you're "letting loose" with the comments, LOL. Thanks so much for your kind words...I really appreciate it! My mom is good! She is definitely enjoying her new digs! She has met so many new friends and even got some "old friends" on board with coming aboard to the ALF, LOL! They are definitely considering it, as they are having a hard time remaining independent.//Glad to hear your mom seems content for the most part. Is there any way to try talking to the center to provide her with more ideas for cognitive help? Even something as simple as doing the scrambled words from the newspaper, or getting puzzle books like that or word searches seem to be helpful for my mom and she likes doing them! Of course, my MIL (who had severe dementia) would not give those things the time of day, so YMMV. /Good to hear your neighbor has been quieter too...hope things continue to improve.

I never realized Caroline uses the same music a lot. I mean, it's one thing during cardio when you're constantly changing the exercises and your mind is distracted, but when you're lifting (and slowly at that!) doing the same exercise rep after rep... that would drive me bonkers too!
Another revelation, I have really appreciated the "no talking or very little talking" during YT workouts...doing some of these Cathe's last week, I was ready to throw a DB at the TV with all her incessant talking, LOL! I guess I'm just not used to the DVD's anymore??

ASAS, hope things get better for you and your routine gets back to normal soon!

T2B, thinking of you this week with the 90+* temps! Hang in there, LOL!

Waves to all~~Have a great week!~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 11:10 AM  
T2B

AMD I’m at the office today but wanted to respond quickly. I lol at your comment about the heat. Sweating already thinking about it. 😀

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 05-09-22, 08:16 PM  
T2B

Liz - glad that your Mom has settled in and is doing good, all things considered. Sounds like you are managing your expectations/stress as far as the neighbor. I’m sorry that you are exposed to that behavior.

Elsie - hopefully you have made it to your destination. Check in when you can.

Chrys - hope you’re doing fine. School should be out soon, right?

bex - I hope things are improving. Sounds like a good group of friends supporting each other.

AMD - do tell, what is Celibacy Pose? I can only imagine and I don’t want to google.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 05-10-22, 04:25 AM  
bex

Thanks for the good wishes T2B, AnMrsDe, LizEma and dontmindthemess.

I've now been locked down for more than 40 days and it's definitely an interesting experience. For the past 5 days we've been able to leave our apartment and walk around the central green area in our compound but we're still basically confined to our house 23 hours a day.

It'd done wonders for my yoga practice and my ability to recognize & cook Chinese vegetables but other positives are hard to find. (We get food handouts from the Shanghai government at random intervals and Google image recognition has been a game changer for "What is this and how do I cook it?" questions)

Sadly my cardio fitness has gone waaay down. Not surprising, given I average 600 steps/day moving around our apartment. I really want to do IRON but I think that would kill me right now. I'll have to start with old step workouts and Heather Robinson just to lay the groundwork.

You all inspire me, hope to be getting back to killer workouts soon!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts