Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-21, 03:35 PM  
Izzy

I am fairly consistent with CS/Essentrics. My goal is 5x per week, first thing in the morning. But I also do my walks in the morning and get to work by 7:30 so some days something has to give. Since I started doing CS about 5 years ago, I noticed improvements immediately in so many areas, mobility, pain, flexibility and I did get slimmer. In the one workout Miranda says "your pants will melt off your hips" well that actually started to happen. I am not saying it was all due to CS/Essentrics, but it did help. I really really try to add more Ellen, weights, yoga each week but I work two jobs and I just run out of time. My schedule is crazy right now and I hope it settles down. I was doing Jackie's Zoom classes once per week and I hope to start this up again. I like the ETV and love the live classes they offer but I am not a big fan of some of the newer instructors. But there is a lot of content on there and you can go back and re-do some classes by the instructors you enjoy. I just got Season 14 and I really like it. I pretty much have all the DVD's.
Old 12-01-21, 04:34 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I just got Season 14 and I really like it.
I started Season 14 on the streaming and I really like it too. I like that these are a little different than the other seasons. I like the mountains and the other scenery, it will be nice in the summer to look at. I did Ep 3 Upper Back Strength today, and I liked how the abs are different in the floor session. Not having to lift my head didn't bother my wonky shoulder or wonky side muscle that acts up when doing traditional ab work.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 05:20 AM  
Negin

Thank you all so much for your helpful and encouraging feedback. I love hearing from you all, and, can I just say how much I love this forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
after each episode, I felt so good, so light, so free. It relieved me of any aches and pains and freed up my mobility and lightened my mood.
Also, it's really easy simply to do two episodes back to back, and that will really give you a great workout.
Oh, I'm 64 with knee trouble. I attribute my lack of knee pain while in Europe to doing CS/Essentrics regularly.
I love hearing stuff like this. So happy to hear that you didn't have knee pain while there. I'm prone to knee pain, and need to remind myself to stick with CS consistently. It's always benefited me.

Do you mind if I'm nosy and ask where you visited? How lovely to be in Europe for 10 weeks! I love Europe. We haven't had a chance to leave the tiny island that we're in in over two years. I can't wait to be able to travel again someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I try to do 3-4 CS a week. To do this, I only do about 3 weight workouts a week (pretty much just Cathe Live) and I keep them to about 45 mins.
I love the specifics that you shared. Thanks, Lori.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
It's pretty much eliminated my hip, knee and shoulder pain which were all on my right side.
Karla, yes, that's what I need to hear. I've recently developed hip/sciatic/PF Syndrome/whatever-it-is. I'm also prone to knee and shoulder problems. So happy to hear that CS has helped you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I teach Essentrics 2 or 3 times a week, one or two in 60 min person classes and one 30 min class on zoom.
I love variety & am a big believer in cross training so I tend to string short workouts together with Essentrics....strength, cardio, barre, yoga.
Pam, yes, this is me also. I love variety as well. I also believe that variety will prevent injuries due to overuse of any specific muscles. I would love to do your Zoom classes in the future. Right now, I'm trying my utmost to cut down on costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I think bottom line is do what keeps you moving, happy and healthy. I'm mostly interested in staying comfortable and pain free, so Essentrics and Classical Stretch are my main workouts.
Jackie, thank you so much for replying. Sorry that that part, "zee magic" wasn't you. I always enjoy your posts.

I fully agree with you. As I get older, I'm mostly interested in being as pain-free and mobile as possible. I know that my body type is not going to change. I can get smaller and leaner, since I've done it before. Diet is the main part of the equation for me. But in the meantime, I'd like to focus on CS and being pain-free. As I mentioned above to Pam, I would love to participate in your Zoom classes. Right now, I'm trying my utmost to cut down on costs, but I'm looking forward to taking part later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
In the one workout Miranda says "your pants will melt off your hips" well that actually started to happen. I am not saying it was all due to CS/Essentrics, but it did help.
Yes, I remember her saying this in quite a few of her workouts. I've experienced that feeling also. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I started Season 14 on the streaming and I really like it too. I like that these are a little different than the other seasons. I like the mountains and the other scenery, it will be nice in the summer to look at.
I can't wait to receive mine. Since we live in a year-round tropical climate, it'll be nice to see mountains and all that.
Old 12-05-21, 08:49 PM  
gigi

I'm thinking of subscribing again. I am only getting in 4 solid workouts a week, and on a bad week, only 3. If I had the subscription, I could probably talk myself into doing one 25 minute workout and I love that I can do them barefoot. That would be better on the other 2 to 3 days than nothing. Plus, I think the workouts are so beneficial.
Old 12-06-21, 03:38 AM  
Negin

I'm about to cancel my trial subscription before they charge me. I've enjoyed it enough to want to subscribe at a later point. I love CS and am thankful to have almost all of the DVDs.
Old 12-06-21, 11:39 AM  
DCW

Essentrics started as a morning exercise five days a week. I then went to seven days and now back to five. I can't imagine not doing it. Pre-Covid I took a boot camp class twice a week and walked at lunch.

Now it's Essentrics five days a week and walking. Classes discontinued in March 2020 and the instructor isn't coming back. I do an hour of Essentrics in the morning.

I have friends and family members who do Essentrics also and find it beneficial.

The kinks and strains I had are gone or manageable.

So I keep doing what works.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 04:33 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
The kinks and strains I had are gone or manageable.
This is so encouraging to hear. Thank you for sharing. I'm getting back to CS pretty much every day, especially right now when I'm going through sciatic pain. I plan on sticking with it this time around. I'm too old to not take care of aches and pains.
Old 12-08-21, 10:25 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
This is so encouraging to hear. Thank you for sharing. I'm getting back to CS pretty much every day, especially right now when I'm going through sciatic pain. I plan on sticking with it this time around. I'm too old to not take care of aches and pains.
I agree that CS is great for getting rid of those aches and pains, but would also add that I find it very important to go at my own pace. Figuring out that my dvd player would let me adjust the speed (slower) has been a big help to me when I'm feeling creaky.
Old 12-10-21, 04:41 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I agree that CS is great for getting rid of those aches and pains, but would also add that I find it very important to go at my own pace. Figuring out that my dvd player would let me adjust the speed (slower) has been a big help to me when I'm feeling creaky.
Thank you for that helpful tip!
Old 12-13-21, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

I know this is a little OT to what the original post is about - but does CS/Essentrics still offer free shipping if you buy 3 items?

I think I want to get Seasons 13 and 14 - but not sure if I should add something else to the cart for free shipping.. you know the vidiot's dilemma.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, cs rotations, essentrics