Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-15-21, 04:35 PM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks ASAS & Elsie! Much appreciated!! My parents are doing better - dad was fine but Mom's leg is still giving her trouble but is much better since last Wed. It's just that the timing stinks as DH & I are helping DD & DSIL with the move etc. and I'm being pulled both ways!! Hoping things will calm down now this week, LOL! It felt so good to workout today doing a Yvette after a few rest days!!!!

Have a great week, everyone!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 09:51 AM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe I’m so glad your parents are doing better after that fall. It sure is tough as our parents age and little things to us can really turn into major problems for them. It really adds a lot or worry to our lives. Just remember to take a day to yourself too

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 08:33 PM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, Jane!! I so agree! We are actually in the process of checking out a caretaker a certain number of hours daily for my parents. It just seems like it’s getting too much for my sister and me. My mom was actually on board with this decision. (My dad goes with whatever she decides since he has dementia)!
Old 08-17-21, 09:19 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did All Out Hilo from CIA 2202 last night, and a 2 mile walk while I watched the school board meeting tonight. You walk faster when people are making you mad lol. Teachers start back to work tomorrow, and our classes are all huge because we got 300 more students, so it's going to be WILD! I was up super early due to DH and dog being up, so I forced myself to walk tonight. I'm going to bed early.
AnMrsDe, it's so hard as parents age. My mom has Macular Degeneration, and is quite visually impaired. DH's dad had a stroke last spring, and hasn't fully recovered. It is hard being pulled by them and children
Jane, taking time for ourselves is so important

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 03:17 AM  
Elsie

ASAS, you scored such a great deal there! Whoo! It's looks quite a bit like a gym stick to me. I've been looking around craigslist, kijiji Etc. For this type of equipment (amongst many other fitness things!lol)
Bex, always impressed by how consistent you are with cycling! : )
AMDe, hoping things calm down for you very soon as well. Thank goodness it was not a fracture with your Mom.
Chrys, all the very best to you with Back to School. My brother is a janitor and I know we are all quite concerned with the delta variant around these parts. Sigh. ((Take care))

Waving to everyone!! Many of you are on the Jenny March across America routines now. I might have to try her out again!! It's been awhile.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 02:18 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Elsie, I have been checking on kijiji lately too, but no luck so far. When I posted the TSC link it was $55 + $5 off coupon code, maybe it's worth to keep checking back, if that is something you would like to get.

ETA: Did you keep your Cathe's pre-order? When I checked around the time the pre-order started I could get 3 DVDs for around $65, now it is around $100. Too bad I didn't order at the time. Her new check out system sucks, I guess I will not be able to order again from her, oh well...

Tammie M: how are you liking the Met-Rx workouts?

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 09:45 AM  
Tammie M

ASAS, I love these workouts. I just bought the set from Amazon based on the recommendations in a GD thread. It definitely goes in my favorites pile (along with Cathe's XTrain, Strong&Sweaty, ICE, LITE). He does go pretty quickly through a set but I've found I can start early while he is talking and keep up using a heavier weight. I don't do 3 month rotations because I have low threshold for boredom. If I attempted, it would probably end up in my dreaded pile.

I hope everyone is staying cool. It is getting hotter in Texas.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 10:02 AM  
Tammie M

AnMrsDe, it is hard to watch our parents age. It is hard to watch them develop dementia and physical problems. I hope your mom heals quickly.

My sisters and I just moved my mom into assisted living. She was in independent living and was resistant about transitioning into AL. She was not renewing her prescriptions and then we discovered she was actually forgetting to take her medicine so we were able to convince her that she could remain more independent but get help in managing her medicine in AL. It was very challenging to find a place that would give her the balance of independence and assistance that she needs. My FIL lives near us and his health is declining rapidly. His heart is working far below full capacity. He is stubbornly determined to maintain his independence and wants to age at home. He is still driving and fears having to give up those car keys. He will be 88 in a few months. He also has had a few falls.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 03:38 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie M View Post
AnMrsDe, it is hard to watch our parents age. It is hard to watch them develop dementia and physical problems. I hope your mom heals quickly.

My sisters and I just moved my mom into assisted living. She was in independent living and was resistant about transitioning into AL. She was not renewing her prescriptions and then we discovered she was actually forgetting to take her medicine so we were able to convince her that she could remain more independent but get help in managing her medicine in AL. It was very challenging to find a place that would give her the balance of independence and assistance that she needs. My FIL lives near us and his health is declining rapidly. His heart is working far below full capacity. He is stubbornly determined to maintain his independence and wants to age at home. He is still driving and fears having to give up those car keys. He will be 88 in a few months. He also has had a few falls.
I know, right? Thanks so much for the well wishes for my mom! Sounds like your mom is in a similar situation and that the independency that they relied on all these years is needing an “adjustment!” My mom is really good about taking their meds but since her leg issue (which is better and she’s starting therapy), it just seems like she is relying more on us. The new healthcare caregiver is starting Tuesday. I will still get their groceries for them so certain things aren’t changing but it will relieve other chores for us if she can tackle those.// Ah, the car keys!! My mom had to hide the keys from my dad as he would want to get in the van and go (mind you, he hasn’t renewed his license for about 5 years) but he thought he could still drive! My mom didn’t get hers renewed just this past year. (I repeatedly told her why should she if she has 2 chauffeurs who are willing to drive them anywhere?? They are 91 & 92). At least she doesn’t mind giving that up. Best wishes to your family!
Old 08-19-21, 06:53 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Tammie, thanks for the feedback on these workouts, they sound great! It seems like I'll have to try them out sooner rather than later! // So glad you found the right place for your mom.

AMD, glad to hear your mom's leg is doing better, I also hope that everything goes well with the new healthcare caregiver.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts