Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-29-21, 06:34 AM  
Cher

June!

Going to try to be here this month! Still a week before I can workout. I’m going to have to start back easy since it’s been over a month since I did much besides walking.

1. 40 minute walk. Planned to go farther but there were trucks doing some grinding on the road and dust flying everywhere. I figured definitely not going near them after just having eye surgery so just turned around a walked back instead of doing my loop around I planned.

2. 50 minute walk

3. Jenny Ford Walk Across America Pennsylvania

4. Nothing. Went grocery shopping early and you know if I don’t workout in the morning it doesn’t get done. I also “thought” about going for a walk after I got home but decided it was too hot. I need DH to get my bike out for these hot days.....at least you get a breeze until you stop.

5. Jenny Ford Walk Across America South Dakota and about 7 exercises from KCM Body Training. My legs are sore now since I haven’t done much except walking for the past month.

6. 40 minute walk yesterday morning before it got to hot.

7. Cathe Basic Step and the Lower Body Add-on on the dvd.

8. Jessica Smith 10 Minute Happy Hiit Walk and Basic Step Upper Body Add-on.

9. I did some kind of yoga stretch but filling this in later and can’t remember what.

10. Strawberry picking - no workout later

11. Pyramid Pump One Time Each Exercise premix

12. Up north - walk with my mom

13. Up north no workout. Drove home and went out on a boat right after we got back.

14. Christi Taylor’s Totally Cool Step Section 1 and Cathe’s Lower Body Add-On from her Basic Step dvd.

15. Jenny Ford Walk Across America Maryland and Cathe Upper Body Add-On from her Basic Step dvd.

16. A 30 minute walk later in the evening since I had WW in the morning. Surprised I only gained 1 lb. since mid April when I last weighted in before my vacation and my eye surgery. Yay! I’m happy with that.

17. A 45 minute walk. It was so nice outside I just couldn’t face the basement. Today it’s raining so will head down in a bit.

18. Pyramid Pump One Time Each Exercise Premix but some of the upper body exercises I did twice.

19. No workout. We we out of my SIL’s BF’s boat. Weather was a little cool and cloudy but it was still fun. We went up the St. Clair River which is river that connects us to Lake Huron. It was pretty cool because on one side of you is the US and the other side is Canada. This is also the way the big freighters go to get from Lake Huron to Lake Erie. Those freighters are pretty huge when you are zipping past them (at a safe distance of course). Anyway, we went to a restaurant up there and had lunch. Such an enjoyable day.

20. Nothing

21. Jessica Smith’s 10 Minute Dance Walk, Cathe’s Lower Body Add-on, and the first stretch from Cathe’s Total Body Stretch.

22. Imax 4 Step Combos Only and Cathe’s Upper Body Add-on.

23. No official workout but DH got my bike out of the basement so I went for about a 30 minute bike ride in the afternoon.

24. LITE Body Weight & Bands.

25. Cathe Step Sync Combos 1 & 2 premix and the first stretch from Stretch Max.

26. Jenny Ford Walk Across America Virginia
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-21, 08:17 AM  
shoegoddess

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-21, 05:42 PM  
cdayley

Happy it's June!
6/5: several hours gardening and pruning roses

6/10: airport laps

6/12: 2 mile walk
6/13: airport laps

6/15: 2 mile treadmill walk and gardening
6/16: 2 mile dance walk
6/17: 1 mile walk and gardening
6/18: 2 mile dog walk
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-21, 08:16 AM  
T2B

6.5 MONTHS FUSION/XTRAIN UNDULATING ROTATION - WEEK 3 OF 26
31. XTRAIN: Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders (2 sets) + LIS: Yoga Relax Express #1 (14mins). P.M. Yv2: MYB

june 2021…

1. rest day…
2. (S)RWH Lift It Hiit It Legs. It’s hard to get restarted after a rest day sometimes, at least for me. I’ve been tired the last couple of days so no extra workouts this week. AMD - I like those wrist weights and that they they are no fuss on/off. I added it to my cart, lol, we shall see!
3. XTRAIN Burn Sets: Biceps & Triceps. I used my 2# wrist weights and it wasn’t as annoying as I thought it would be to put the weights on and off. The key is to only loosen the Velcro straps far enough for my hands to slide through.
4. (S) CATHE’S Great Glutes
5. (S) SUSAN CHUNG RAPID FIRE #1: Kick, Box & Core Burn . Did the Shadow Boxing & Kickboxing combos, some of the core & stretch.This workout has lots of content. Wasn’t too fond of the last kickbox combination, it went on too long! Good workout though! Made me miss Tae Bo.
6. (S) CL #244: Low Impact Cardio Compound Training + ZUMBA: Activate + Cathe’s Total Body Stretching #1. P.M. YV2: WISI

FUSION/XTRAIN UNDULATING ROTATION - WEEK 4 OF 26

7. (S) PURE STRENGTH: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Still a really good series.
8. (S) PURE STRENGTH: Legs (w/u, standing, stretch). Love this too.
9. rest day…
10. (S) PURE STRENGTH: Back, Biceps & Abs. Love! Even though the abs are crunch variations, I loved it! Not as grueling as some of Cathe’s other ab work. This whole series is great because of the pacing and not too many sets. I really enjoyed using my barbell. Now I’m back to wanting a squat rack.
11. (S) BODY BLAST: Legs & Glutes. Nice to revisit this. Cathe is sort of giddy in the Body Blast series, isn’t she? Moves at a good clip. Humidity has been between 80 to 90% + the last few days so the sweat has been intense. Drinking lots of Gatorade and water. I’ve been barely getting 7500 steps the last 2 weeks so I have to get back to my many extra step boosting workouts throughout the day.
12. (S) CL: Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing. I’ve done this workout so many times that I know what Cathe will say and can say it with her. Love this Cathe Live. Yesterday the high was 96* with a feel like of 102*. Lots of sweat again today. All I want to do is eat ice cream. Dove ice cream bars - yum! P.M. Yv2: SS. Another hot day, took a long nap.
13. (S) CL#273: Metabolic Mish Mosh + CIZE: In The Pocket. Great workouts! P.M. Yv2: RIO
14. Wildcard Day!!! Rhythmic Step. I have to say that buying a Blu Ray DVD player with Bluetooth has been my best purchase this year. Everything sounds great through my Beats Powerbeats! I can hear everything with the added bonus of not waking up everyone so early in the morning. P.M. TURBO FIRE: Low Impact Hiit 20. This looks great on my tv. I missed a lot when I had my little 19inch tv.
15. rest day…

FUSION/XTRAIN UNDULATING ROTATION - WEEK 5 OF 26

16. XTRAIN: Cardio Leg Blast 1-6 Premix, 35mins. Taking it down a notch, the heat is zapping my energy and mojo. This felt very challenging. I was talking myself out of the workout this morning before I even got out of bed and then I said “stop being a weirdo, you can do a timesaver premix at any time”. P.M. Yv2: MYB + Yv2: WISI
17. (S) TAE BO: Ultimate Tae Bo. Shellie is something with her DAD-deeeeee screams!. 97* w/ heat index of 103+, uggh! Supposed to be hotter tomorrow.
18. XTRAIN: Chest, Back & Shoulders (w/u, rounds 5 -8, cd, 30min) + TAE BO: Celebrity Fit - Cardio. The music is really good. Now that I can actually hear everything Shellie is saying, it’s cute and funny. She is Billy’s biggest fan, for sure! P.M. CIZE: Go For It!. Lots of fun!
19. XTRAIN: Legs - Standing, 29 mins + ZUMBA CAN’T DANCE 101: Step By Step. Enjoyed Zumba even though it’s low intensity, easy. Music is great and it’s still a great way to get steps. P.M. ZUMBA: Let’s Dance + ZUMBA: Dance, Dance, Dance!. More Zumba fun!
20. XTRAIN: Burn Sets - Biceps & Triceps + TAE BO: Get Celebrity Fit - Sculpt
21. (S) LITE: Metabolic Blast + Yv2: MYB
22. rest day…

(S) FUSION/XTRAIN UNDULATING ROTATION - WEEK 6 OF 26

23. Mid-Morning: Yv2: WISI. P.M. Low Max (w/u, R1 & 2, cd, 30 mins). I rolled out of bed at 7:45 this morning. Could not/would not get up. Low Max is a great sub for CLB when the energy is low. It has cardio alternating with non weighted lower body moves. My legs were on fire just doing 2 rounds. Sweating like crazy, too! This used to be my Saturday workout a long time ago.There is an issue with the music/voice ratio in the Hardcore Series. It has always been an issue for me even when I had my tv connected to stereo surround sound. To really hear the music, Cathe’s voice is too loud.. No longer a problem with my Bluetooth wireless earphone connection, sound/voice blends perfectly. Netflix: Watching an animated series: Jurassic World, so cute, fun & refreshing.
24. TAE BO: Flex Express. Another morning of not wanting to get out of bed. I’m going to give myself a few more days of going with the flow and then it’s back on schedule, no excuses. I did my workout this afternoon.
25. INTENSITY SERIES: Muscle Endurance, Back, Chest & Shoulders, 27 mins. Fun!
26. Red Hot Barre Fitness Timesaver Premix
27. PURE STRENGTH: Biceps & Triceps (+ w/u & c/d, 28 mins)
28 - 29. rest days
30. Yv2: WISI. T.V. Alert: Finished Mare of Easttown. Love!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-21, 05:07 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

~~~ JUNE ~~~

“We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon
instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.” (Dale Carnegie)

1 - Short walk at beach and some back therapy; 5,820 steps.

2 - Sick; 1,414 shuffles.

3 - Restorative Bliss Yoga, 45 minute program; 3,032 steps.

4 - Walk at beach; 7,110 steps.

5 - Quick gym workout - 20 minutes recumbent, leg presses, lat rows and chest presses; 4,694 steps.

6 - Sarah Beth Yoga Deep Stretch Lower Back; short walk at university campus; 6,201 steps.

7 - The Body Electric Workout: abs, outers and inners; 5,487 steps.

8 - Office movement challenge: plies and biceps; just tried to get up and move more, 4,527 steps.

9 - Office movement challenge: lunges and triceps; LWR 15 Minute No Jumping Cardio; Kassandra 10 Minute Evening Yoga Stretch; 5,269 steps.

10 - Sara Beth Deep Stretch Low Back; Office movement challenge: plies and back; 25 butt bridges; 20 minute lunch walk; 7,098 steps.

11 - Office movement challenge: squats and shoulders; beach walk; 7,267 steps.

12 - Back PT and stretch; hour at gym for recumbent bike, lower body, back and chest; gardening; 6,322 steps.

13 - Just a catching up and rest day - enjoyed some time sitting outside in the evening; 4,119 steps.

14 - Office movement challenge: plies and biceps; The Body Electric Workout, hamstrings, glutes and quads; my own yin practice to release above muscles plus some psoas release; 4,853 steps.

15 - GYM for 20/20/10 cardio of recumbent bike, elliptical and treadmill; 7,364 steps.

16 - Gardening; 6,561 steps.

17 - Trifecta Pilates 15 Minute Pilates Workout; walk around neighborhood; 8,761 steps.

18 - A nice evening walk to the park to enjoy a live concert and meander around just being happy that all the restrictions from last summer are lifted and before that, program 1 from Margaret Richard's Good For You - back, shoulders and chest only; 7,194 steps.

19 - GYM for recumbent bike and weight machines; 6,035 steps.

20 - Father's Day walk with DS; 8,220 steps.

21 - Nothing formal; 5,413 steps.

22 - Office movement challenge: squats and triceps; 20 minute lunch walk; YogiBethC Rise Up, Stand Up; 6,800 steps.

23 - Gardening, stretching and inversion table; 5,283 steps.

24 - Evening walk around neighborhood; 4,047 steps.

25 - Nothing formal, spent most of the day sitting for a virtual conference (yuck) - and falling asleep after it; 2,901 steps.

26 - GYM for recumbent, treadmill, and two weight machines each for back, chest and lower body; 5,857 steps.

27 - PT session with a little yin for hip and psoas reset; GYM for 15 minutes each recumbent bike, elliptical and treadmill, with intervals of dumbbells for shoulders, tris and bis plus ad- and abductor machines; 5,676 steps.

28 - Started LWR's Feel Fabulous for Summer challenge Day 1, Beach Cardio plus Standing Abs; Kassandra Bedtime Yin Yoga Class followed plus evening yoga challenge affirmations; 5,227 steps.

29 - LWR FFFS Challenge Day 2, Beach Cardio plus Tone Your Arms; 5,705 steps.

30 - LWR FFFS Challenge Day 3, Beach Cardio plus Legs, Thighs and Glutes; a little yoga for psoas reset and supported fish pose; GYM for 20/15/10 of recumbent bike/elliptical/treadmill; 8,425 steps.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-21, 08:44 AM  
Dancing Queen

Post Joyful in June!

Cardio Total: 36.5 min/day (last month 26.7 min/day; PR = 55.4 May '20)
Strength Total: 9.9 min/day (last month 10.7 min/day; PR = 17.2 Aug '20)
Yoga/Meditation Total: 8.9 min/day (last month 19.0 min/day; PR = 47.7 Mar '20)

Word for the Year: Flourish

1 Body Groove Complete Collection (Latin Groove), Jenny Ford Checkout Workout (Core and Abs), 10 min PT, 10 min meditation
2 13 min dance party, Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Indiana), Cathe Perfect 30 HIIT (Pyramid Cardio HIIT, Extended Stretch), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
3 Cathe LITE Cardio Party (Main Workout), Cathe LITE Pyramid Pump (One Set of Everything), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
4 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Mississippi), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation, Cathe LITE Cardio Party (Extended Stretch #1)
5 61 min beach walking, 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
6 61 min beach walking, 4 min PT
7 4 min dance party, Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Illinois), 4 min PT, 12 min meditation, Yoga Zone Intro to Power Yoga (Practice 1)
8 10 min dance party, Jessica Walk Strong 3 (1 Mile of Motivation), Cathe LITE Cardio Party (Calorie Crush, Pyramid Pump Chest, 6 Pack Abs #1), 4 min PT, 9 min meditation
9 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Alabama), 10 min PT, 9 min meditation, Yoga Zone Intro to Power Yoga (Practice 2)
10 4 min dance party, Cathe LITE Rev'd Up Rumble (Main Workout, Pyramid Pump Shoulders), Cathe Perfect 30 Pump (Lower Body), 4 min PT, 9 min meditation
11 10 min outdoor walking, Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Maine), Cathe LITE Rev'd Up Rumble (Calorie Crush), 10 min PT, 9 min meditation, Yoga Zone Total Body Conditioning (Practice 1)
12 Disco Abs (Beginner Hustle), Jessica Total Body Balance (Cardio Flow), 4 min PT, 18 min meditation
13 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
14 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Missouri), 10 min PT, 9 min meditation, Yoga Zone Total Body Conditioning (Practice 2)
15 6 min dance party, Gina B. Power Walk through the 80s (Warmup, Power Walks 1 and 2, Cool Down), Cathe Perfect 30 Pump (Upper Body Bonus, Lower Body Bonus, Core Bonus), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
16 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Arkansas), 10 min PT, 10 min meditation, Yoga Zone Power Yoga for Strength and Endurance (Practice 1)
17 Disco Abs (Ring My Total Body), Gina B. Power Walk through the 80s (Power Walk 3, Cool Down), Cathe Lower Body Stacked Sets (Main Workout, Pyramid Pump Shoulders), 4 min PT, 9 min meditation
18 26 min water aerobics, 17 min outdoor walking, Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Michigan), 4 min PT, 10 min meditation, Yoga Zone Strength and Tone (Practice 1)
19 4 min PT, 17 min meditation
20 Body Groove Spicy Latin Dance Party (Workout 4), 4 min PT, 9 min meditation
21 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Florida), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
22 10 min outdoor walking, 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
23 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Texas), 10 min PT, 8 min meditation, Yoga Zone Yoga for Weight Loss (Practice 1)
24 17 min dance party, Jessica 5 Fat-Burning Miles (Warmup, Turbo-Charged Walk), Gina B. Power Walk through the 90s (Power Walk 1, Cool Down), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
25 27 min water aerobics, 16 min outdoor walking, Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Iowa), 10 min PT, 12 min meditation, Yoga Zone Yoga for Weight Loss (Practice 2)
26 Jessica 6-Mile Mix (Warmup, Cardio Interval Abs), Gina B. Power Walk through the 90s (Power Walk 2, Cool Down), Cathe Perfect 30 Pump (Upper Body), 4 min PT, 18 min meditation
27 Gina B. Power Walk through the 90s (Warmup, Power Walk 3), Debra Mazda Let's Get Moving 2 (Bonus Cardio), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
28 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (Wisconsin), 10 min PT, 9 min meditation, 9 min yoga practice
29 Jessica Walk Strong (360 Abs), SHAPE 5-Day Jump Start (Lower Body Makeover), 4 min PT, 11 min meditation
30 Jenny Ford Walk Across America (California), 4 min PT, 10 min meditation
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 11:21 AM  
amg

June

1. Cathe 4 Day Split Legs and 20 minute bike ride
2. Active rest day
3. 30 min walk
4. Cathe Flex Train
5. 30 min walk
6. Rest
7. Cathe To The Max - had to modify a bit and take some extra breaks but I loved it overall
8. Cathe Trisets - Lower Body Express and 25 min bike ride
9. Taebo Cardio Explosion
10. Rest
11. Mountain bike trail ride - not sure how long we actually rode but I have 3 hours of being in the fat burning or cardio zone. I know some of that were rest periods trying to catch my breath. Everything is sore already.
12. 1 hour mountain bike trail ride
13. 30 min mountain bike trail ride
14. Rest
15. Swimming
16. 45 min walk
17. 30 min bike ride
18. 1 hour mountain bike trail ride
19. Rest
20. 30 min bike ride
21. Cathe STS Total Body
22. 1 hour walk
23. 1 hour walk
24 - 26. We were camping and did a couple of short mountain bike rides each day. It was more than enough to keep my quads burning for 3 days
27. Rest
28. 30 minute walk and some bowling for fun
29. Cathe Muscle Endurance
30. 30 min bike ride
Old 06-04-21, 07:21 AM  
AnMrsDe

Happy June, everyone! Summer time has arrived!
Great to see you all here this month!

T2B, Those wrist weights are great! I wish they offered the pretty teal/purple in the 2# option but just the black/blue is offered. Oh well... I don't care what color they are as long as they'll work with all my other paraphernalia I have to wear on my arm/hand, LOL! If they become too loose and start sliding, I plan on wearing a wrist sweatband to take up the slack. (Can you say HOT??) I'm sure it will be, but I gotta do what I gotta do! I used a GC so I had to pay a whopping $.86!! //Hope you enjoyed your days off.

Cher, glad to hear everything is still going well for you and good to see you back this month.

amg & Chrys, you too!

Short week--TGIF! Almost the weekend!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 10:37 AM  
T2B

Summer time is here! I can tell by all the sweat pouring off my face when working out. Not to be a fun sucker but summer is my least favorite time of the year.

AMD - that’s a great deal on the wrist weights. I want them but I also know that I don’t like paying a lot for certain things. . I would want to invest in a 25# , 30 or 35# dumbell for that price. Glad it’s working for you! Lol at your comment about typing meditation every day! Awesome record!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 02:26 PM  
Dontmindthemess

TB2 You are a fun sucker! I was so happy my shower “didn’t take” this morning

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts