Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-10-20, 05:34 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I finished Thick as Thieves, the last of the published books of this series. There's another one coming, and I requested that my library get it. I've really enjoyed this series.

I also read Summer at Lake Haven, the latest by RayAnne Thayne. It's totally formulaic and I enjoyed it okay.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 05:39 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I finished Thick as Thieves, the last of the published books of this series. There's another one coming, and I requested that my library get it. I've really enjoyed this series.

I also read Summer at Lake Haven, the latest by RayAnne Thayne. It's totally formulaic and I enjoyed it okay.
I find RayAnne's books to be comfort reading, which is perfect for now.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 05:00 PM  
Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Please post what you think of both if you don't mind. I run hot and cold and both those authors.
I felt that 28 Summers was far too long and the storyline dragged on way too much. It wasn’t my favorite of hers.

The Lies That Bind was incredibly unrealistic, like a Lifetime movie! Way too many twists and turns that it ended up being my least favorite of her books.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 05:36 PM  
Erica H.

I just finished reading The Remains of the Day, which I enjoyed. Reading Sense and Sensibility now.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 06:44 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand View Post
I felt that 28 Summers was far too long and the storyline dragged on way too much. It wasn’t my favorite of hers.

The Lies That Bind was incredibly unrealistic, like a Lifetime movie! Way too many twists and turns that it ended up being my least favorite of her books.
Thank you for taking the time to post. I appreciate it. I will skip both.

Old 09-12-20, 07:48 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I preordered this as a bday present for myself. I think it will be released in October.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 08:34 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I preordered this as a bday present for myself. I think it will be released in October.
I requested that my library order several books, and that's the one book they agreed to order. Yay! I hope you enjoy your birthday present.

Currently, I'm reading the Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs and Outsider by Linda Castillo, both new releases. I'm enjoying both.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 09:41 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Missing from the release list above is the new Ken Follett, prequel to Pillars of the Earth which I have been delivered tomorrow from Amazon.
The Evening and the Morning:
https://smile.amazon.com/Evening-Mor...0094483&sr=8-1
Old 09-14-20, 10:05 AM  
sherry7899

I am weird that I like reading through cookbooks I pre-ordered the new Skinnytaste book, which will arrive tomorrow. Next week I will receive Jodi Picoult's newest book. I will then try to read what I own and not buy anything new for awhile! I have plenty of books I have not read yet.

Old 09-14-20, 12:13 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am weird that I like reading through cookbooks I pre-ordered the new Skinnytaste book, which will arrive tomorrow. Next week I will receive Jodi Picoult's newest book. I will then try to read what I own and not buy anything new for awhile! I have plenty of books I have not read yet.
We're not weird! Reading cookbooks is great!

Look forward to hearing what you think of the Skinnytaste book.

Me? Still reeling after I catalogued all my cookbooks on LibraryThing. Who knew I had so many? Some are just booklets, but I put them there anyhow just to track them. Definitely going to share the wealth with my sister and her kids when I downsize.

Tags
audiobooks, books, fall reading, kindle, reading