Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-05-20, 06:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Sorry.... I was really hoping that the video of partner passing would show you that it's possible to have great control and you shouldn't be too nervous. I'm sorry it did the opposite! I agree with others who have said that gravity will take it down pretty quickly if you're doing swings. Give yourself as much space as you can, but don't worry. Most likely you will not let go accidentally. And, practicing outside is good at first if you're able.
Old 07-05-20, 07:54 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Sorry.... I was really hoping that the video of partner passing would show you that it's possible to have great control and you shouldn't be too nervous. I'm sorry it did the opposite! I agree with others who have said that gravity will take it down pretty quickly if you're doing swings. Give yourself as much space as you can, but don't worry. Most likely you will not let go accidentally. And, practicing outside is good at first if you're able.
No worries, I enjoyed seeing it, especially the bit where three of them did it together!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 09:17 PM  
violingal3

Don't worry, it won't go flying! I'm usually very focused doing kettlebell work, but I'll admit to a few accidents that have only happened when I let my mind wander into la la land. Once I missed an exchange just doing alternating right and left handed swings and it went straight down, left a dent in the cork floor. One other time I was doing figure 8s and banged my knee because I let my mind wander and wasn't paying attention. I've done gloves and chalk, but prefer bare hands if I can deal with the callouses I develop. My mirrored wall in my workout room has survived all these years of kettlebell work!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 03:54 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Don't worry, it won't go flying! I'm usually very focused doing kettlebell work, but I'll admit to a few accidents that have only happened when I let my mind wander into la la land. Once I missed an exchange just doing alternating right and left handed swings and it went straight down, left a dent in the cork floor. One other time I was doing figure 8s and banged my knee because I let my mind wander and wasn't paying attention. I've done gloves and chalk, but prefer bare hands if I can deal with the callouses I develop. My mirrored wall in my workout room has survived all these years of kettlebell work!
Thanks for sharing! I'm happy to hear from someone who let go accidentally and it didn't end up in the wall!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 12:27 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I ripped my yoga/workout mat (tiny rip so still using the mat years later) once when I did something silly with a kettlebell but that's about it. I prefer certain kettlebells that are less shiny/glossy/slippery for this reason. I've had good iuck with Diamond Pro (from Walmart) and Rep Fitness (from Amazon or direct from maker) kettlebells
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell chalk, kettlebells