Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-19, 06:48 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas97 View Post
I wonder if it treadmills in general, or using them at no incline. Years ago, I used to walk on one at no incline and came across info that said that no incline on a treadmill actually equated to downhill. Once I started using an incline - I can't recall what was suggested - my back stopped hurting. I don't regularly use a treadmill these days; I much prefer Leslie and Jessica, although Leslie does hurt my hips when I get to higher mileage.
Katy Bowman taught this as part of her first year RES training. Basically, when you walk outdoors you push away from the ground to propel yourself forward. When on a treadmill, the ground is pulled out from under you. This means you are actually doing a small fall forward and catching yourself with each step. Its exercise but not the same as walking.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 09:16 AM  
leigh1673

The Leslies that incorporate jogging intervals are fairly comparable to a treadmill workout for me (as I mostly do walk/jog intervals on a treadmill - or did, when I belonged to a gym).

Leslies that are just walking only are easier to me that walking on a treadmill or outside. Probably because if I'm *only* walking on a treadmill, I will bump up the incline.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 10:03 AM  
moonbeam31

Treadmill walking aggravated my heel pain from p.f. IT is too pounding unlike actual real outdoor walking or a workout dvd!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie vs treadmill, mile equivalency, outdoor walking, treadmill vs leslie