Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-18, 03:46 PM  
BunnyHop

Definitely, but I burned out on Leslie herself a long time ago.

For me, the key is consistency, so anything I do consistently makes a big difference no matter how inconsequential it might seem in the moment.

Even an incredibly short yoga practice, if done every day, improves my overall fitness. (I'm thinking of J Brown's yoga dvd, with practices of varying lengths. 7 minutes up to, what? an hour and a quarter?)
Old 09-11-18, 03:25 PM  
kat999

I'm in the same boat of having run and jogged most of the summer but looking for something for bad weather days, and I've been alternating Leslie's 4- and 5-miles with Jessica Smith's 6-mile video. Recently, I added in Leslie's rather intense DVD of 10 segments of 10-minute walks each--if you do all of them together as a single workout, that ends up being about 6.5 miles, and while they're all VERY low-impact/easy, if you do ALL of them, you'll wind up a sweaty mess at the end!

For all her segments that are just "walk walk walk," I run in place instead, and occasionally on other moves I "boost" them by doing more intense arm movements. This, plus my outdoor jogs, some HIIT and AWT days, have all resulted in a 14-pound loss since May, but I have also been monitoring my nutrition as well.
Old 09-14-18, 11:49 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I'm in the same boat of having run and jogged most of the summer but looking for something for bad weather days, and I've been alternating Leslie's 4- and 5-miles with Jessica Smith's 6-mile video. Recently, I added in Leslie's rather intense DVD of 10 segments of 10-minute walks each--if you do all of them together as a single workout, that ends up being about 6.5 miles, and while they're all VERY low-impact/easy, if you do ALL of them, you'll wind up a sweaty mess at the end!

For all her segments that are just "walk walk walk," I run in place instead, and occasionally on other moves I "boost" them by doing more intense arm movements. This, plus my outdoor jogs, some HIIT and AWT days, have all resulted in a 14-pound loss since May, but I have also been monitoring my nutrition as well.
Ooh that sounds like a good one. Do you know the name of that dvd?
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 04:04 PM  
Sara1000

It must be Mix and Match Walk Blasters - one of my favorites
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 04:14 PM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
It must be Mix and Match Walk Blasters - one of my favorites
awesome-thank you!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 10:01 PM  
daisyduke

Thank you everyone
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 10:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

1 will add (since I rambled a bit in my post earlier) I think that Leslie Sansone herself is a testament and inspiration to her program. She's always looked good, slim waist, toned, etc. And, the walkers in her videos that teach classes also look pretty amazing themselves. She gives a shout out to many of them, but I'm forgetting names at the moment.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie success, outdoor walking, walkblaster