Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-18, 11:53 AM  
cam522

I'd like to thank Dee for giving me the motivation to go through my DVDs which I have either never used or haven't used in years, many of them were still sealed.

I came up with over 60 of them, for the heck of it I thought I would list them on Craigslist for $30 and they were picked up yesterday and the lady who bought them was absolutely so excited!!

…. Cheryl

JMBR graduate 06/13
BJ Gaddour's MetaShred 11/02/2019
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-18, 12:12 PM  
TinaT

I've been going through my stack as well. I don't really have a large amount, but I do have workouts sitting around that I haven't pulled off the shelf in well over a year or more.

I think I'm just about over the "gotta keep it in case dvds go extinct" mentality. I just don't want to look at them anymore. I'm working on getting over my emotional attachment to them. It serves no purpose for me. In fact, I feel maybe it's been holding me back in some way.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-18, 09:20 PM  
dmlarue1

I think if your DVDs give you joy you should keep them. For me I had a bunch that I just felt meh about. I haven’t even used any of my DVDs until last September when I started streaming. I also had lots that I can’t physically do anymore. I still have quite a bunch! I am holding onto things I love, I can do or see myself doing in he future...even if I am
Not into kettlebells today for example I might be in the future..

I have also gone through all my clothes and it does feel better to just let stuff go that I am not in love with
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-18, 12:30 PM  
Shelbygirl

I have 20 to 30 DVDs (many of which have never been used) that are ready to be given away. But, I keep telling myself that I should try each one just once (or once more) to see if I want to keep it. The trouble is, I have no interest in actually trying them. I don't want to waste my time on something I may not enjoy, when I have tons of DVDs that I do enjoy. But what if it is an awesome workout, destined to become a favorite, if only I would give it a chance?

So, there they all sit, staring me in the face and taunting me every time I work out. I should just ditch them and move on. Why is it so hard?

Shelbygirl, future member of "Workout DVDs Anonymous"
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-18, 03:55 PM  
rvagal

I did this recently too. I purged about 40% of my workouts when I had some organizers helping me pare down. I got rid of the Wave and the ZipTrainer (well, it's still in my garage, listed on FB) and any workouts that used equipment I don't have. I got rid of my medicine ball because I hate medicine ball workouts.

I did regret getting rid of the Tortoise, so I reacquired that one.
Old 04-25-18, 04:54 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Christine, that is amazing! I could never purge down to two dvds.
I hear that! I keep trying, but I hate to give some of them up...just in case you know?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-18, 05:48 PM  
Calistro

I am on the verge of a purge, but I remember when I got rid of 50 dvds that I never tried and 11 of them were Ellen Barretts workouts. I ended up with remorse for the Ellen's and repurchased one dvd and tried it. I enjoyed it so much I ended up purchasing them all back. I have done Ellen's workouts a few times now and enjoy them. At this time in my life they have a place in my collections as my body wants gentler workouts sometimes.
However I still intend to purge some that I really do not think I will ever use especially if they are similar to others that I already have
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection