Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-24-17, 01:06 PM  
mrsyancy

What are the differences in these two workouts?

I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I wanted to know what is the difference between slim in 6 and slim series? Is slim series tougher than slim in 6? Are they even two different sets....lol.

I've been looking up some other stuff and those came up as some fairly tough workouts, but not too tough. I know vfers know, so I appreciate any input
Old 08-24-17, 01:23 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Slim Series is tougher than Slim In 6 and they are two different series. Slim in 6 was also redone. I don't know the difference between the old and new Slim In 6. I've only seen some of the old series workouts.
Old 08-24-17, 07:12 PM  
mrsyancy

Thank you Helen. How would you label slim series? Beginnerish, intermediate, low advanced? Thank you.
Old 08-24-17, 09:29 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I'm not Helen but I did a Slim Series rotation a couple of times - it's an advanced rotation. 2 of the workouts are 80 minutes, 3 60 minutes (I think it's 3) and a 60 minute recovery workout. You do each workout each week so it's an overtraining rotation.
Slim in Six is meant as a beginner system - you move to harder workouts through the 6 weeks.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 03:12 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i agree with what has been posted so far.

just wanted to add that the 3rd workout (Burn It Up) in Si6 is almost on par with the slim series workouts. Si6 also has an add-on workout called Keep It Up - about 40 min, and the disc includes slim in six pack (abs workout) for 10 min, and the slim & limber for 14 min, for a total body, 64 min workout.

Si6 was re-filmed, and the comparison of the new version was described in the VF reviews section.

SS gave me weight loss results twice.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 07:27 AM  
Sandrine

And I agree with what they've posted!

Just wanted to add that I find Sin6 to be a good program to use to advance your fitness level or for a re-start. The SS workouts are great for building on the foundation you get from Sin6, and are fine stand-alone w/o's as well. I have a tiny bit of dread for a couple of them, but only because of the length.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 07:53 AM  
Richie

Just out of interest, does anyone know if the Slim Series workouts were also re-filmed like Si6?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 08:18 AM  
dnna

I do not know if the Slim in Six was totally redone, but there was a start it up workout that was an hour and they redid that workout-to 30 to 40 minutes.
You are meant to do each workout in Slim in Six for a week or so and then move on. Burn it up is crazy hard.
Slim Series has several rotations that you can follow, and you can add in Keep it up and burn it up to your rotations. very tough. Debbie did say to add in cardio days and stretching days.
I did these workouts for 4 rotations and I did get amazing results in slimming thighs and hips. really all over>
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 08:48 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Just out of interest, does anyone know if the Slim Series workouts were also re-filmed like Si6?
There were not.

The "new" Slim in 6 was almost exactly the same as the old one...just updated a bit. A few new moves here and there.

Slim Series was never redone. I tried full Slim Training rotations three times and got sick every time. Other VFers had the same thing happen. So I gave up on that rotation...it was definitely overtraining for me. I used the workouts but not as the rotation suggested. They have a dread factor for me due to the length and sameness.

Slim Series Express was filmed later and they are all 30 minutes. A Cardio Core, Cardio Sculpting, and Express Stretching. Many VFers didn't like those at all. I thought they were fine for what they were~shorter versions.
Old 08-25-17, 09:21 AM  
dnna

I just want to add that you are holding weights for the entire workout-and just a warning if you have hand and/or wrist problems.I think a couple workouts use bands.
I would not do this rotation again, as I feel it is very tough on your hands wrists, joints in general. proceed with caution, and add rest days if you do the rotation as given in the set. good luck
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slim in 6, slim series