Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-17, 08:03 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I hate USPS right now

I purchased some items from Mary last Tuesday 4/4. As usual, Mary shipped it immediately, and since she is in WI, and only about 100 miles from where I live, I fully expected the pkg to reach me on the 7th. Tracking showed on the 8th which is today. I'm OK with it, too. I began to worry when couple of days ago I saw that the pkg that was initially in the P.O. 10 miles away from me, was now sent to Indiana. It sat in IN for 2 days, and just now shows as being enroute back to IL. It's supposed to be 1st Class Mail! I guess it doesn't mean anything. I am not very happy right now. My irritation also stems from the fact that we have a new mail delivery person and at least once a week, for the past month, we get our neighbors mail (I'm talking the whole neighborhood) and our mail is either delivered to others, or it goes missing. Very poor service! Grrrrrrr.....
Old 04-08-17, 08:44 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i bought something from Prevention that was sent to another island in our state. i cannot understand that. the zip codes are not even close!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 06:44 AM  
killoffsonny

I feel your pain. I have an order from ebay that's two days late. I wanted to blame the seller but I checked and it was shipped on the correct day. Its sitting out there in no mans land. Last I checked it was TN. Which means I won't get it until Tuesday. Two days late.
Old 04-09-17, 07:39 AM  
muggle

Gaaa! I grind my teeth when I watch a package zig zag all over when a straight line makes more sense. I too have seen it get close to the destination just to ship way out again. I've also tracked packages just to see them sit.....and sit....and sit. Makes me crazy! I would definitely call the post office if your getting other people's mail or they're getting yours, that's not ok.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 08:16 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I bought some needlepoint supplies from a vendor in south Texas - I live in TX Panhandle - in early February. Turns out the vendor had to special order them - they finally shipped to me on March 4th. On March 6th, they disappeared from the USPS tracking system. I never did get the package. Now the vendor is having to re-order the supplies and I probably won't get the package until May. Luckily I had insurance on the package. The true irony - it was supplies to stitch this design: http://www.abcstitch.com/optioncart/...esigns&all=yes

Grrr ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 08:45 AM  
Carol K

One year my Illinois state tax return went to California. 2 days later, it was back in Illinois and then it sat at the Springfield post office for 6 days before it was finally delivered. And I have a million other stories. I hate USPS too.
Old 04-09-17, 08:53 AM  
cherimac

I have had that happen a lot in the past two years. So frustrating.
Old 04-09-17, 08:57 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I bought some needlepoint supplies from a vendor in south Texas - I live in TX Panhandle - in early February. Turns out the vendor had to special order them - they finally shipped to me on March 4th. On March 6th, they disappeared from the USPS tracking system. I never did get the package. Now the vendor is having to re-order the supplies and I probably won't get the package until May. Luckily I had insurance on the package. The true irony - it was supplies to stitch this design: http://www.abcstitch.com/optioncart/...esigns&all=yes

Grrr ~

Carol
Carol, pretty design and you'll probably get it right in time for next winter!
Old 04-09-17, 09:30 AM  
dnna

Sometimes our little post office doesn't get the mail delivered to them! I get other peoples mail in my mailbox all the time. I had a Xmas gift that was scanned in go missing. someone else got it but there post office lady went to their house and it was sitting there!
someone stole 3 Barre workouts that I ordered for my birthday. scanned in. put in someone else's box. that bothered me for a long time. This is a tiny community and I wonder who stole that from me.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 09:57 AM  
Carol K

I get other people's mail all the time too, and sometimes ALL of my mail is delivered somewhere else and then it is slowly delivered to me over a year. I've gotten bills and a magazines that are over a year old. But now USPS has something called Informed Digest. I get pictures of the mail to be delivered to me each day in an e-mail. On Friday, we got all the junk that was pictured, but not a credit card bill that was also pictured. I was able to flag it as not delivered. I don't know what they will do with that information, but at least I can keep an eye on whether someone else uses that credit card and I can pay it on time another way.

Tags
usps