Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-16, 02:11 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

A lady I know went from a size 26 to a size 14 through walking! A teacher at my school lost 34 pounds walking and I didn't believe it. I said yeah right. We walk every day! If that is the case we all would be thin but then I would see her after work walking. Of course I was a kid and had no idea that there was such a thing as faster paced walking, etc I got back into shape after having my daughter by strapping her in her stroller and walking. I did lose weight doing fitness dancing although I hit a plateau that absolutely had me stuck at that same weight for a long time until I switched up exercises.

For me, interval exercises work wonders. This is why I now and always adore The Firm.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 10:14 AM  
Terry

My experience:

Eating for health and appetite control + Intense Exercise = Weight Maintenance

Eating for health and appetite control + No Exercise = Weight Loss until exercise starts again (so assume that easy exercise would be even better.)

Eating for health and appetite control + Intense Exercise + Recovery Drink Post Exercise Without Fail for 7 months = 21-year-old extra inch of pregnancy fat on each thigh vanishes.

I have found that the recovery drink within 30 minutes of finishing a workout is mandatory for me to have any kind of decent appetite control when I'm doing intense work. The recovery drink that works for me is not the prescribed standard 75% Carbs/25% protein because I use FairLife Chocolate Milk which has more protein in it. I only drink 4 oz because I have a high protein breakfast an hour after. It is magic for me. My workouts are early in the morning so I don't know how this would work with evening workouts after already eating all day long.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 12:29 PM  
Dabbadooey

Somewhat related...old ww points plus and exercise worked great for me. New WW smart points plus exercise did not work. I think it's because the new plan does not take fiber into account.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 12:40 PM  
ellaenchanted

I do best when I have plenty of longer sessions of moderate cardio. To increase fitness/speed/endurance, I will stick in one or two more intense intervals here and there.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 09:56 PM  
videofit

I've done pretty much the same type of workouts for many years. My weight goes up when my calories do -- like now around the holidays with all the treats from Trader Joe's! Currently debating if I should buy that 4 lb bar of chocolate.
Old 12-17-16, 01:07 PM  
JENILU

How long do you usually give it when you change things up? I ask because anytime I change up what type of workout I do more than just a 1 or 2 day fluke, i swell up for a while as my body adjusts. My body does not like change, but if i give it a while, the swelling does come back down. It effects my weight and clothing size and everything. I just wondering if maybe you are still losing, but holding on to some bloat until you get used to it, or your body does anyway? My way of eating never changes, other than the random meal here or there, so its always the exercise for me.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-16, 02:10 AM  
calendria

thanx for all the replies. I deeply appreciate it. Its nice to know that some people only get results from walking, like me.
calendria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-16, 02:03 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I can tell how frustrated you feel by your opening post, but really you're lucky your body responds so well to moderate, joint-friendly movements. Walking is pretty safe and healthy!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-16, 09:24 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calendria View Post
I was wondering if its normal to only lose weight with certain excercises. Like for me, I lose weight with walking workouts, but not dance cardio. why? I do NOT know.

Is this normal? Or common? the minute I try to do a fitness blender workout, I quit losing weight. Its so frustrating!

Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by calendria View Post
thanx for all the replies. I deeply appreciate it. Its nice to know that some people only get results from walking, like me.
I'm sure that you also get "results" from dance cardio, just maybe not what you were expecting.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appetite, low intensity