Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-15, 10:18 AM  
amatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Cindy ~ Where do you find her challenges? This is just what I need.
Hi Tina I saw it through spark people it was her blog. Hope it's okay to share the link here. And unsure how to make it a clickable link. oops guess it works lol
http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog...ness_challenge
Old 05-17-15, 01:18 PM  
alisoncooks

There's also this newish 4-week plan that uses Jessica's DVDs. I was thinking of using this, but subbing the new DVD for the 15-min blasts (which I don't have).

http://www.jessicasmithtv.com/ultima...ampaign=buffer
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 02:48 PM  
Betty Boop

Amazon changed the shipping to guaranteed delivery on Tuesday, so I ordered.
Old 05-17-15, 03:02 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
Amazon changed the shipping to guaranteed delivery on Tuesday, so I ordered.
Mine still says "not yet shipped" with estimated Weds. delivery. (And I ordered Friday.)

I'm really tempted to stomp a bit. And pout. Especially since it seems I could actually order TODAY and get it Tuesday. That seems a bit backwards...
Old 05-17-15, 03:11 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Mine still says "not yet shipped" with estimated Weds. delivery. (And I ordered Friday.)

I'm really tempted to stomp a bit. And pout.
I'll bet you get Tuesday delivery, at the latest. I was reading Sherry's post, and Amazon changed her date from Wednesday to Monday.
Old 05-17-15, 03:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

This is so strange - I ordered late Thursday evening (11-ish or so) and I have Amazon Prime, but mine has not shipped yet.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 03:46 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
This is so strange - I ordered late Thursday evening (11-ish or so) and I have Amazon Prime, but mine has not shipped yet.

Carol
I'm just gonna tell myself it's coming on Friday....then I can be pleasantly surprised whenever it does arrive.
Old 05-17-15, 03:52 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Got mine today when I got home. However my case was broke (2 tabs that hold it in place were floating around inside). I had to try to find another case and for some odd reason, hubby ended up having to cut some of the excess on the print to fit into another case. I am about to go try it...will be back later! (hoping no scratches or problems since it was loose in the case)

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 05:29 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I'm back!

I did all 5 miles. They are all inside like her most recent productions. When you hit the last 8 minutes of a mile, a timer comes up to count down to the end. My favorite mile was Belly Buns and Thighs Walk closely followed by Turbo Charged Walk. The moves in BBT were unique and really worked the obliques well and the lower body. Turbo was very fast paced. My next favorite was Boogie Down Walk. This is a more dance oriented walk. My 4th favorite was Power Posture Walk. Jessica uses a lot of moves that work the postural muscles. Front of chest, back, rotator cuff, neck...it is all in there. My least favorite was Brain Booster Walk. Phew, this one had a move that just boggled my mind (guess that is why it is a brain booster). Okay, hold your hands up with palms facing toward you making a fist. With your right hand, point thumb to side. With left hand point your pinky in same direction as thumb. Now as your walking, switch with thumb on left, pinky on right.

Two "thumbs" up from for this walk. I walked 75 minutes, burning over 500 calories and I got 7912 steps. I'm glad I have this in my collection.

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 06:27 PM  
JustSandra

Denise, thanks so much for your report! I'm another Amazon Prime member who ordered Friday yet was given a Wednesday delivery date. Oh well, I'm sure I'll enjoy it no matter when it shows up!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 mile walk, jessica smith, walking workouts