Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-08-14, 10:07 PM  
hotncmom

I always "reach" (hee) for Kari Anderson's Reach. I feel like I did something but I don't feel fatigued.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-14, 10:42 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
So sorry about your shoulder. But congrats on the w/l. As a fellow shortie I hear ya on the difference it makes.
Thanks. I feel great about the weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
So sorry to hear about your frozen shoulder; that's really tough! But I hear ya on the fun workouts and weight loss. I have no desire to kill myself exercising any more. Having fun keeps me more consistent and keeps me from feeling ravenous too.
I've had frozen shoulder since June of last year. I've really enjoyed doing easy workouts. Sometimes I just walk on my TM while reading a book on my Kindle paperwhite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
Mizach, I'll always be grateful to you for pointing me in the direction of the ReFit Rev YouTube workouts. Those and Richard Simmons are my "I don't want to work out I just want to have fun" workouts. Doing those gave me energy when nothing else worked.

Also, you may already know this, but Classical Stretch Season 9 has an episode specifically for frozen shoulder.
YW about RefitRev. I love that channel! I'll check out the frozen shoulder episode of CS Season 9. My ortho doc also gave me a list of rehab exercises to do..
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-14, 09:02 AM  
JeepGirl

I third the Barre3 suggestion--I'm in love with those workouts and just bought an online package. I also love the Powerfits, Cindy Crawford, and KCM's Start Here. Cheri--I'm going to have to check out those Lesia's. I'm curious now!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-14, 09:50 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

For easy or recovery days I like PowerFit and Michelle Dozois' Fat to Firm Fast. Minna Lessig's Tank Top Arms, Bikini Belly workout is good too.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-14, 02:40 PM  
ellaenchanted

I went through my dvds and decided on doing a Your Body Breakthru rotation. I am going to follow the first rotation on the YBB calendar calling for daily 35 minute workouts.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 12:49 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Sculpted Buns, Hips and Thighs. The whole thing is done on the floor. YAY.
I can do this one no matter how crappy I feel.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 10:05 AM  
Richie

Thanks to the recommendation in this thread, I just received 'Stephanie Huckabee's Powerfit Harmony' set today. I'm hoping it will ease me back into working out daily after essentially going back to the start - again!
I got it from a third party seller on amazon for the bargain price of just over $7 brand new and sealed. I also received 'Powerfit Plus' in the same package, is (was?) this usually included with this set or am I just lucky? 'Powerfit Harmony' is technically out of print now, right?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 11:51 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Thanks to the recommendation in this thread, I just received 'Stephanie Huckabee's Powerfit Harmony' set today. I'm hoping it will ease me back into working out daily after essentially going back to the start - again!
I got it from a third party seller on amazon for the bargain price of just over $7 brand new and sealed. I also received 'Powerfit Plus' in the same package, is (was?) this usually included with this set or am I just lucky? 'Powerfit Harmony' is technically out of print now, right?
Powerfit Plus was originally sold for $19.99 and PFH for $19.99, separately. Sounds like a good deal.
Old 02-12-14, 02:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Wow, and Powerfit Plus gets really crazy prices at Amazon, like $100 and up!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 01:03 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
following Richie's advice, i ordered. got the same deal - it took a long time because they shipped it media mail (technically incorrect because you get resistance bands with it). got PF+ in the set too.

Thanks!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy workouts, low intensity, no dread factor