Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-13, 12:49 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I bought a vhs called Chair Dancing years ago when I had problems with both feet. It was kind of fun. I don't know if it ever made it to dvd or not.
Old 08-27-13, 01:21 AM  
Susan

In addition to the "sit and be fit" type of workouts, perhaps your friend could modify some of Leslie Sansone slower-paced workouts. She could tap her toes or lift her heels while sitting, and work up to some seated marching-type movements where she lifts her entire foot off of the ground, until she's finally able to stand up and add a few actual steps here and there, sitting down again whenever she gets tired. She could do some of the arm movements along with Leslie, right from the start, and work her way up from a tiny range of motion to larger movements.

I think it's great that she wants to make a change in her life. It sounds like she has a long road ahead of her, so it's great that you'll be cheering her on and helping to keep her motivated.

I'm glad she's planning to go very slowly for a while, as even small movements may make her pretty sore at first!
Old 08-27-13, 04:02 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Margaret Richard has one called 'Getting Better'. The description states that all exercises are done sitting or lying down. She made it after having foot surgery.

I don't have this DVD, so can't speak to the level of exercise. Your friend could always use light weights or no weights to start. I am not sure if transferring between a chair and the floor would be a problem for her.

Margaret has been putting older DVDs on sale for $15 - hopefully this one will go on sale soon! It is normally priced at $25.

This is really nice of you. One DVD!
This one was on sale a few weeks back. I thought about getting it myself actually but I didn't.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-13, 04:03 AM  
aunatural

There is a 35 minute chair segment on Trudie Styler's Weight Loss Yoga Dvd. I've been nursing a broken foot for a few months and did the upper body segments from her Pure Sculpt Dvd sitting up in bed. I used 3 pound dumbbells or wrist weights. I'm sure it can be done without weights too.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-13, 06:27 AM  
horsemom2

There are alot of chair workouts online.
Some of my favorites with good music can be found by searching for
Zumba Gold Chair

I especially like
http://www.youtube.com/user/rambowog

After developing Plantar Fasciitis, I have been doing most of my workouts while sitting on a stability ball and have been able to tweak most rebounding, chair and standing workouts to it. I sweat plenty and cholesterol numbers have been great since I have switched. Of course, music is still the key for me to keep moving.

ETA: www.muve.com has alot of chair workouts too

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-13, 05:37 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Thanks again everyone for all the suggestions! You've been a great help!
Old 08-27-13, 06:46 PM  
geojill

You know, a few years back, I rolled my foot when I stepped off my deck and was limited with my workouts. I actually did some of my old Tae Bo workouts while sitting on a chair. Obviously some things couldn't be done, but I could still do a lot (just not back kicks ).

Last edited by geojill; 08-28-13 at 06:47 PM. Reason: I do not walk off desks, but decks!
geojill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-13, 01:07 PM  
J'Ann

There are a lot of "Chair Dancing" DVDs now. I really like the newer stretch one and the weight "encore" one.

http://lopasarkar.com/bollywood-dance.html She has two workouts in this set, one standing and one seated.

J'Ann
J'Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-13, 11:00 AM  
rosepetals

I just found a series of sitting workouts here. You can scroll through and pick out which workouts you want. It's called sit and be fit. They vary in length, but many are 26 minutes long.

http://wn.com/sit_to_be_fit
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-13, 12:10 PM  
Gams

I think Karen Voight's Ease Into Fitness would be a good one.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginning, seated workouts