Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-13, 10:35 AM  
TinaT

Slim In 6 Questions

I think I owned this years ago. But after watching the recent clips, I am of the belief it's been completely re-done. Yes? I remember Sieber using light weights endlessly.

If I'm correct, how different is it from the original? I was bored with the initial set. I'm really rebuilding my collection into very little weight and using my body weight more. I'm thinking outside the box so to speak, and trying methods I never really have. Less equipment and more controlled, no impact moves. (Just ordered Hip Hop Abs & Rockin Body).

What concerns me about SI6 is that it appears you do the same workout for 2 wks at a time. Or is there more than one workout on each disc? I cannot and will not do the same routine for 2 wks straight. It states you only get 3 workouts. At $50, that's alot of money. I paid less than that for HHA and RB together.

What do you truly get?

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 11:03 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I think I owned this years ago. But after watching the recent clips, I am of the belief it's been completely re-done. Yes? I remember Sieber using light weights endlessly.

If I'm correct, how different is it from the original? I was bored with the initial set. TIA ~
Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrxl...S|b|4951214064

Just a little way in they film a woman doing Slim in 6 with her TV and the video on the TV is different than the original. I can't guess if you'd be bored with the new version or not since I don't have the new version, but it sounds like you dislike high rep workouts and the new version is probably still a high rep workout.

Note: I snagged up a resale (Half Price Books) Si6 DVD for my sister that had a later date on it than my VHS workouts. I thought she would be getting the new version of Slim in 6 but it was the exact same filming with different music. I thought I must be wrong about the music so I carefully compared one of her workouts to one of mine (don't remember which one) and it was indeed different music.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 11:15 AM  
TinaT

I don't mind high rep. I actually prefer it. Maybe my memory is slipping, but I felt like I worked one part at a time and then on to the next. I am very partial to compound moves. Does SI6 have compound moves?
Old 02-24-13, 11:22 AM  
SueT

Tina, I think maybe you had Slim Series in the past, and not Slim in 6. Slim Series had 6 different videos that used light weights, and she moved from one exercise to the next. There were a lot of lunges and squats, and there was one video that was just stretch and another that was just lower body called Firm It Up. My favorite of the bunch was Tone It Up, which was a total body workout. I always liked these workouts because of the simplicity of them, and I like Debbie Siebers, too!

Since Tonique came out Slim Series seems so tame by comparison!

I hope this helps.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 11:28 AM  
TinaT

Sue ~ You are so right!! It was Slim Series. The titles you mentioned are very familiar. So are these 2 programs like apples and oranges? Similiar? What's the straight poop?
Old 02-24-13, 11:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I'm not the best with details and it has been awhile since I've done the workouts, but Slim in 6 is the beginner version, if you will. It's Start It Up, Ramp It Up and Burn It Up. I think it has been redone once or twice but basically the same workout just updated a bit (? not positive with the details). The rotation is the same workout for a couple of weeks before you move on the next one. Of course I would never be able to do it that way, I just use them mixed in with other workouts. I believe the Slim in 6 set uses the tubing as opposed to light weights and the workouts are shorter than Slim Series except for Burn It Up.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 11:40 AM  
TinaT

Summer Breeze ~ Are you saying they took the original Slim Series and broke it into two series? One is now Slim in 6 and the other is Slim Series. In order to have the orginal series, a person would need to purchase both?

And I so agree with you,.. I would not be able to do one workout for 2 weeks straight.
Old 02-24-13, 11:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Actually, Tina, I believe the Slim in 6 was the original series with Start It Up, Ramp it Up and Burn it Up. Then Debbie made Slim Series after that which is the longer 6 DVDs that you said you had. Firm It Up, Tone It Up, Mix It Up, Shape it Up, Firm It Up and Tear It Up, 60 to 80 minutes workouts I believe. A follow up, more advanced series. Completely different workouts though. I enjoyed Slim Series more even though they were longer.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 11:53 AM  
SueT

Tina, Slim in Six is the first series that Debbie came out with. Then she came out with Slim Series, which is supposed to be more advanced because weights are used. Slim in Six just uses a resistance band, and Burn It Up, the 60-minute workout, is used exclusively for the last 3 weeks, so you're doing the same workout for 3 weeks straight!

Debbie never refilmed Slim Series, but she did refilm Slim In Six. I never understood why. I guess Beach Body sold a lot more copies of Slim In Six than Slim Series.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 05:52 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Debbie tweets and retweets about Sin6 a lot, but never mentions Slim Series. Odd
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebers, firm it up, keep it up, slim in 6, slim series