Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Hmm, I have Workout on the Go which has five 15-minute workouts:
  • Hi-Lo
  • Core Training
  • Yoga
  • Low Impact
  • Chi Ball

Your version sounds quite different.
Yes...it sure does! I am a little disappointed actually in the Caribbean Workouts. They look good and everything but I was really hoping they would be a rerelease of the original Bikini Body and Workout on the Go. I am guessing they just picked other episodes from the CW show and plunked them on the DVD and called it by the same name.

Oh well....I am still glad I made this purchase anyway so it's not all bad.

Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 07:43 PM  
mtngoat

I don't think that they are very careful with labeling in these 4-DVD sets.

I bought a set called 'Power Pilates' because one of the workouts included was listed as the original Piloxing. It even had that DVD cover as the set's cover. However, the included workout turned out to be Piloxing Express.

It was still a great buy and I'm glad I have it, but I was a little disappointed. I would have bought it even if it stated that the workout was Piloxing Express - but then I would have known what I was getting.

(Aside - anyone watch Grey's Anatomy? Piloxing was mentioned in one heart-wrenching scene a week or two ago.)

I remember that people mentioned they had mislabeled two of the workouts in the Iron Core set as well. (Both workouts were included, but the labels were switched. No big deal.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 07:44 PM  
RedPanda

Wink Gah! You're all a bunch of enablers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Yes...it sure does! I am a little disappointed actually in the Caribbean Workouts. They look good and everything but I was really hoping they would be a rerelease of the original Bikini Body and Workout on the Go. I am guessing they just picked other episodes from the CW show and plunked them on the DVD and called it by the same name.
Sigh... the potential double-up with my version of Workout on the Go was the one thing preventing me from ordering this set.

I checked out the clips of the Stephanie Vittorino DVDs at Collage and thought they looked blah/not challenging enough, but then, of course, I had to search over here and found a thread raving about Body Target 60, and saying the clip at Mary's gives a better representation of the workout. Then, of course, I had to check out the clip, and I love the weighted balance moves!

Between my love for Caribbean Workouts and my love for weighted balance moves, I was sunk. That's the third order I've placed this morning! Gah!
Old 03-10-12, 08:12 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Sigh... the potential double-up with my version of Workout on the Go was the one thing preventing me from ordering this set.

I checked out the clips of the Stephanie Vittorino DVDs at Collage and thought they looked blah/not challenging enough, but then, of course, I had to search over here and found a thread raving about Body Target 60, and saying the clip at Mary's shows gives a better representation of the workout. Then, of course, I had to check out the clip, and I love the weighted balance moves!

Between my love for Caribbean Workouts and my love for weighted balance moves, I was sunk. That's the third order I've placed this morning! Gah!
I wasn't sure about Body Target 60 but after previewing the whole thing, I like the looks of that one too. Stephanie's workouts kind of remind me of the Firm a little and in 30 minute format! Well, BT60 is about 40 minutes, then there is 3 ten minute add ons.

With these, my KCMs and other 20-30 minute workouts, I sometimes wonder if I will ever return to my longer workouts again! Now that I think about it I think I have more shorter workouts than longer ones.

I may try BT60 tomorrow! Sorry if I enabled!
Old 03-10-12, 11:16 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I may try BT60 tomorrow! Sorry if I enabled!
No worries!

I'm sure I will get a lot of use from these, particularly as the Stephanie Vitorino workouts can be mixed and matched.
Old 04-27-12, 06:22 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Just wondering if anyone else has tried these?

I really really like the Stephanie Vitorino workouts, I have done all three and see myself using these a lot! I like her as an instructor, she has creative and unique move but does them very well in my opinion.

I hope she comes out with more, I suppose I could scour Amazon for Exercise TV workouts, maybe I should get her Bootylicious Buns workout too.

I haven't even touched the Caribbean Workouts, I may at some point but I am a little disappointed in those to be honest. I was hoping it would be the same workouts that were on the other Bikini Body DVD but they aren't.

Still glad I got this though, totally worth the price for the Stephanie workouts! This may be my best buy of the year!

Tags
caribbean workouts, stephanie vitorino