Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-10-11, 08:09 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

3 times is the charm! ;-)

Ok, today I did it for the 3rd time (not all 5 miles, today I only did the first 2) and I have to say, the more I do it, the more I actually like it!

While the group isn't personally my favorite, the different music and steps are enough for me to really liking this walk! To me the time went by quickly, the stretchie band workout feels fun (also some different moves there than what we're used from Leslie's other stretchie band walks) and overall it's really a good DVD IMO!
I focused on Leslie's behavior this time after reading some comments here and I have to say, it didn't feel 'fake' to me. It's her normal/typical Leslie style; greeting and naming some walkers, talking, laughing..

If one uses this DVD only for 1-2 miles in a row, I think one really gets a lot of great walks for the price!
Just wanted to give a little update for those who might be on the fence with it and haven't bought it yet due to some reviews here.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 08:28 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Leslie seems perky in 5RBM, yet her enthusiasm seems somewhat forced. As if she didn't have full control over the production, or, it was rushed or something. I hope this is just a fluke.
I'd agree - she's perky yet subdued. The only time she seems like herself in 5RBM is when she introduces her brother.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 10:07 AM  
raeven

Personally I liked her personality in this one. She is light, yet more focused than she is in others. Personally I liked that about it. The workout, I find you are constantly changing up what you are doing and so it seems to go by pretty fast to me. I find myself reaching for this workout more than any of my others most of the time. Still, i'm not a huge fan of mile 4 and i haven't done it in a couple of weeks. The stopping to lunge and squat just seems disconnected from the rest of the mile. Besides, I get enough of those in all my other workouts that I don't need, or want them when doing my walks! That, and the silly Facebook friends part are the only negatives I have on this one. Otherwise I think it's easy to say it's my favorite of all my leslies because there is a lot of variety to it.
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 01:11 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
You want bright? How about Leslie's Fat Burning Walk: 4 Miles!
the infamous Mondrian set. i learn proper art terminology here on VF. whodathunk?

to me, bright is Chris Freytag's Prevention Get Moving (?) with the orange outfits and orange backdrop.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 mile walk, 5 really big miles, leslie, walking