Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-11, 06:49 PM  
CharM

I'm dying to know, did Artist of Eyes do it or not?

Before returning to the library last week, I did the 5th mile. It didn't make me change my mind. Leslie was just all over the place with her cuing. It was bad. Charlie still didn't know how to double side step, while his wife, Suzette, looked like she was skipping in place, and yes, there was one girl mugging for the camera, even Leslie said, "That's enough of you, let's go to Charlie. Bless his heart." hahaa I made that up, she said no such thing, but she did move from that girl quick. And the whole, "let's check up on our Facebook friends" is just so weird.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 06:57 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I didn't care for the toning segments. Mile 3 is ok.
This is my first Leslie. Does she always say "walk, walk, walk" a zillion times? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can mute her.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 09:26 PM  
raeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
This is my first Leslie. Does she always say "walk, walk, walk" a zillion times? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can mute her.
Haha yes, yes she does!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 03:15 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
This is my first Leslie.
are you serious?

i have a bunch of leslie's, and i haven't opened my copy of this one yet. i like her walk slim 3 and 4 miles and the old WATP series (balls, Abs and Express - stretchie).

i have others, but really like the ones above. also her WATP-Abs Super mile challenge (only available on vhs).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 11:44 AM  
glowacki

I'm glad I have this workout. It's different enough from Leslie's others that it will get used. But I will NEVER do the whole 5 miles again (did it once). Although Leslie changes the steps frequently, has anyone else noticed a lack of diversity in movement? She seems to do about a gazillion side steps and not nearly as many front kicks or kick backs.
glowacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 12:46 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, she says it all the time.

There's also one dvd where she repeats "biceps, triceps" over and over while you're doing curls and kickbacks

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 08:26 PM  
buffmama

I did the cool down today which I normally don't and when Leslie is calling out everyone's name it reminded me of Romper Room. I see Mary, and Susan, and Bobby...
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 01:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowacki View Post
has anyone else noticed a lack of diversity in movement? She seems to do about a gazillion side steps and not nearly as many front kicks or kick backs.
that's why i like using her workouts from the Andrea Ambandos and especially Cal Pozo days because for whatever reason, there was more variability in her movements. i also noticed she started on a different foot back in those days ~ i think her current workouts have us using our right foot on the down beat assuming you follow her "mirror-style".

the older workouts also have different sets, obviously, and clothing.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 09:43 AM  
LAC

I don't know what it is exactly, but something about 5 Really Big Miles just makes me feel blah. Will set it aside for a while and revisit it down the line, but I suspect this won't be a keeper for me.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 11:41 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I don't know what it is exactly, but something about 5 Really Big Miles just makes me feel blah. Will set it aside for a while and revisit it down the line, but I suspect this won't be a keeper for me.
Leslie seems perky in 5RBM, yet her enthusiasm seems somewhat forced. As if she didn't have full control over the production, or, it was rushed or something. I hope this is just a fluke.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 mile walk, 5 really big miles, leslie, walking