Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-11, 01:52 PM  
Exercise Diva

Does she slow down at the beginning of each new mile or does the pace continue from where the last mile left off? There's one workout where she really slows down the pace at the beginning of each and it drove me crazy. I got rid of it. I guess that makes sense for people who are jumping in fresh at different miles but not good if you're working through the whole workout and trying to keep your heart rate up for the duration.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 02:02 PM  
TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
Does she slow down at the beginning of each new mile or does the pace continue from where the last mile left off? There's one workout where she really slows down the pace at the beginning of each and it drove me crazy. I got rid of it. I guess that makes sense for people who are jumping in fresh at different miles but not good if you're working through the whole workout and trying to keep your heart rate up for the duration.
A reviewer on Amazon thought that as each mile changed - the pace was a little slower at the beginning. I didn't really notice it - except for mile 4. I thought this was slow at first .... but then it took off (toning & boosted walking).

If you're working thru the entire DVD this might not be for you - my preference is "pieces" so I like this one.

"Try for progress, not perfection" Chris Freytag
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 02:45 PM  
raeven

Yes each mile starts off a tad slower and then picks up. Personally I like that as it gives a tiny break-like feel to me
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 11:45 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Leslie's "Really Big Bore"

Copied from my check-in today:

Leslie's new 5 Really Big Miles (aka a Really Big Bore). I didn't enjoy this at all and kept skipping through the chapters to find a better part. Her cueing is really off and there are too many background exercisers. The sound is odd. One minute, her voice is too loud, the next the music is too loud. I got 30 minutes of cardio in.

This is not a winner and will go to the bottom of my Leslie pile.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 11:52 AM  
Gams

Are you bitter, Alta, because Alton hasn't been around much lately?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 02:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Are you bitter, Alta, because Alton hasn't been around much lately?
Ah, you know me too well!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 02:30 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Hmm.. it's not a 'winner' per se for me but to be honest, for the price (I paid 13$) and getting 5 'different' miles, I'm ok with it. I don't see me doing it in one stretch and agree, the crowd isn't so much fun.. But ok, it's another set, different than the 'Bat cave' (which I happen to actually like ) and previous sets.
I'm going to keep it either way, even if I might not do it that often..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 04:52 PM  
imhere2dance

I said I liked it in another thread, but I changed my mind and got rid of my copy because I know I'll never do it again. In fact, I got rid of all of my "resistance band" workouts. I only had 2 or 3. I just hate bands; I always have and always will.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 06:30 PM  
dbclark44

I have it and have done it in its entirety. I don't care for mile 4 at all. I intend to keep it because I do like doing miles 1-3-5. Those are good for a nice change of pace.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 06:40 PM  
slimjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
I have it and have done it in its entirety. I don't care for mile 4 at all. I intend to keep it because I do like doing miles 1-3-5. Those are good for a nice change of pace.
I totally agree Deb.
slimjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 mile walk, 5 really big miles, leslie, walking