Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-11, 12:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

leslie 5 really big miles - where are the forum reviews of it?

thanks - i saw the clip on collage and found it at walmart yesterday. i like the clip a lot, but wanted to read everyone's reviews.

i tried searching but maybe the thread had long been buried. TIA, folks!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-11, 12:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Try this link or this one, especially toward the end of the thread.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-11, 02:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Laura - thanks.

i started reading the thread, and i'd seen that thread title before, but...

is "5 really slow miles = 5 really big miles?"

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 10-23-11, 02:13 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Jeannine,

The original poster seemed to be making the point that this DVD, 5 Big Miles, had miles that were slower than usual - hence, the title of the thread. The title of the thread is a description of her take about the workout rather than a formal title. It then morphed into a massive thread about the DVD in general. That's my translation of what happened after reading most of it as it unfolded.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-11, 02:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Hi Jeannine,

The original poster seemed to be making the point that this DVD, 5 Big Miles, had miles that were slower than usual - hence, the title of the thread. The title of the thread is a description of her take about the workout rather than a formal title. It then morphed into a massive thread about the DVD in general. That's my translation of what happened after reading most of it as it unfolded.
got it! you know, the run time on the label says "75 min" - of course, i know that's not always accurate, & it may not include bonus items.

Old 10-23-11, 03:39 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
got it! you know, the run time on the label says "75 min" - of course, i know that's not always accurate, & it may not include bonus items.
The warm up, cool down and stretch aren't counted in the mile totals, either, and that adds some. I know the warm up is 5 minutes, but haven't paid attention to the length of the cool down or stretch.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-11, 04:42 PM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Collage lists the time of the total workout at 88 minutes. That's one long workout when I can do 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk or Walk It Off and Tone If Off (also 5 miles) in 20 minutes less.
Old 10-24-11, 09:11 AM  
TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
Collage lists the time of the total workout at 88 minutes. That's one long workout when I can do 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk or Walk It Off and Tone If Off (also 5 miles) in 20 minutes less.
Lengthy does not necessarily = slow.

The length comes from a separate chapters for the: warm up, cool down, and stretch. These 3 pieces are 15 minutes alone. Because these are separate chapters - you can skip to them anytime you like (nice for those who do pieces of Leslie workouts).

I like that I can skip the warm up completely and go to the cool down "whenever."

"Try for progress, not perfection" Chris Freytag
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-11, 12:30 PM  
raeven

Personally, this is definitely one of my favorite Leslies. I love it all, except the 4th mile I don't love quite so much. I don't love the 4th mile with the lunges and squats...but I usually just suck it up, do them, and move on. Other than that though... a fav!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-11, 01:12 PM  
CharM

I did the first three miles today. I don't know it was, but I didn't care for it and I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'll take the backgrounders from her Walk, Eat, Lose system over this bunch. I don't know why but this new group annoys me. Maybe I'm just grouchy because of this huge zit on my chin. I don't know, but I'm glad I borrowed this dvd from the library. The fastest mile is 13 minutes, the rest are 15 I think or a little over 14 if she uses the band. Oh, and I didn't like the music. I normally don't even notice it, but I did and it wasn't something I'd want to listen to over and over again.
I got a kick out of the guy kinda doing his own thing, kinda flailing around at times. Highlight of the workout for me.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 mile walk, 5 really big miles, leslie, walking