Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-11, 09:56 PM  
MollyC

Shapely Girl workouts are very basic, and I believe she has a step video.

I agree that Gilad workouts would fit the bill.

Also check YouTube, put in "basic step workouts" and see what comes up.
MollyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 11:17 PM  
edensmom

Both Gilad Step Aerobics and Kathy Smith's Step Workout have very basic choreography and are easy to follow. I haven't done KS in a while but I do Gilad's pretty often and it isn't beginner level intensity. However it is broken into combos so you can easily do a shorter workout. IIRC the KS one is the same. I believe it is OOP now so it is a bit spendy IMO, about $20 on amazon.
I LVE Cher's step workout!!! So much fun.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 08:25 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
Thank you Sherry, I will PM you.

I didn't know Richard Simmons made an old step aerobics tape.

Long ago I had an ancient Susan Powder vhs that was a nice pace. I don't remember the name of it ??? It was pretty easy to use. Anyone know??? Maybe I could replace it.

I appreciate any and all information on the tapes or DVDS. I do have a vhs player that I can use.
Rosepetals - I think the Susan Powter tape you might be thinking of is Lean Strong and Healthy, that is the one with the step aerobics. Burn Fat and Get Fit has step aerobics and strength training intervals. Lean Strong and Healthy is available used at Amazon, you can pick up another copy for about $5 including shipping.

Other suggestions already mentioned here are Kari Anderson's Go, Gilad Step Aerobics, Debra Mazda Let's Get Stepping. I also like Cathe Friedrich's Basic Step, though that one can be a little tricky.

Kathy Smith has a few step workouts on DVD that are good, but they are becoming harder to find. My favorite is Power Step, there are 2 girls who do all low impact, I just follow them.

I really like Jane Fonda's 2 step workouts but they are only available on VHS.

HTH...
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 08:29 AM  
sherry7899

I will check my library's book sale cart next time I go there. I know they had Susan's step tape for 50 cents the last time I was there. If no one bought it, I will pick it up for you, and mail it with the Richard/Leslie vhs tapes. I will probably go there on Monday. They don't always have the vhs cart out-they put it out sometimes during the week if a volunteer is there to collect the money from sales. I'll let you know.

Take care,
Sherry
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 09:06 AM  
difit

Another vote for Cher Fitness: New Attitude. I LVE this one!!! It has great music. I wish it would come out on DVD.

Another good one of Keli Roberts is The Ultimate Step. It's a VHS.

Buns of Steel 7- Step Workout with Tamilee Webb. I don't know if it's out on DVD yet.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 09:30 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I learned to step with Step Reebok The Video (available on DVD) and Jane Fonda's Step Aerobic (VHS only, to my knowledge). They're both great for beginners without getting too slow or boring.

Way back in the day, Cathe and Christi Taylor used to be tops at cueing. Christi's Humble Beginnings DVD set includes her CIA 5004 step segment which is only 30 minutes and easy to do - she breaks everything down very well. What's nice about the DVD is that once you get better at stepping, you can move on to her 7002 workout (intermediate) and 9801 (advanced) all in the same set.

Cathe's Classics Vol. 1 includes Step Max which is also easy to follow, thanks to her good cueing, as long as you can stand a little whooping.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 10:00 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by difit View Post
Another vote for Cher Fitness: New Attitude. I LVE this one!!! It has great music. I wish it would come out on DVD.

Another good one of Keli Roberts is The Ultimate Step. It's a VHS.

Buns of Steel 7- Step Workout with Tamilee Webb. I don't know if it's out on DVD yet.
I heard that Buns of Steel 7 is supposed to be on Classic Buns of Steel Volume 3, along with Thighs of Steel and Buns of Steel 4. I don't know when it's going to be released though. I have and like Buns of Steel 7 though.

I had the other 2 Volumes, but traded them into Amazon. Out of the 6 workouts, I only really liked Abs of Steel and Buns of Steel 5, both of which I was able to copy to a DVD, but it's not a pressed one. I guess I didn't think it made much sense to keep them.

Regarding Jane Fonda's step workouts, they are both VHS. I thought that Jane was supposed to be releasing more of her workouts onto DVD this year. So far, that hasn't happened. I am really hoping she does though. I really want both of her step workouts and Lower Body Solution.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 10:20 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I struggled with this one - took me a long time to figure out the "Around the World" move. Yes, I am that klutzy.
LOL! A kindred spirit! I was so proud when I figured out "around the world" but that was the extent of what I was able to get!
One I would suggest that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Karen Voigt's Energy Sprint. The clothes are a bit dated but you can still get it on dvd at collage and it is one of my favorites when I feel like stepping.
I also agree about all Kathy Smith's old step workouts. I love Power Step and Great Buns and Thighs the most.
eyefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 12:32 PM  
rosepetals

So many choices !!! I will have to make a shopping list. Thank you again for all the ideas.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 12:46 PM  
moonbeam31

Nekea Brown's- Absolute Beginners Step and Dance!
Cathe-Basic Step!
Mission Possible-Christi Taylor!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner step, easy choreography, simple cardio, slower step workouts, step aerobics