Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-11, 06:22 AM  
oltlfan

Eh, I don't know about stopping and toning. I'm a toning band hater. But I'm excited about the bright set and not the bat cave, her not being alone, and the hit music.
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 06:49 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

How do you suppose Collage came up with an int/adv rating? Do you suppose they've already seen/done it?
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 11:18 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit1 View Post
Reviews like that are annoying! But what's more annoying are reviews that give 1 star because the DVD they got was scratched or the DVD they ordered never arrived at all! *rolleyes*
What I hate is when people give a DVD one star but then rave about how great it is. They obviously think one star is the best and five is the worst. It really screws up the average rating too.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 12:41 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
How do you suppose Collage came up with an int/adv rating? Do you suppose they've already seen/done it?
We don't really know how challenging these 'miles' are and can't assume they're going to be easy just because they're a couple of minutes slower.
That said, I'm sure Collage rated it int/adv solely based on the length of the entire routine.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 02:38 PM  
donnamp

hmmm.. my ideal Leslie is 3 miles, I know I can do a 5 mile in segments, but these seem to be long-ish miles. I'd rather do a 10-12 min mile. I love the 3 mile walk from her Walk Slim!
Maybe, I'm saved....
Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 02:55 PM  
oltlfan

I have a $50 Amazon gift certificate, and I'm itching to use it to preorder this. I can't pass up the bright set. lol
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 03:35 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Hard to speculate, but I've noticed they appear to rate Leslie videos mostly based on the length. Most of her 1/2 miles are rated Beg/Inter, most of her 3/4 miles are Inter and most of her 5 miles are Inter/Adv, even though there is nothing remotely "advanced" about any of her workouts, even a 5 mile with boosted walking isn't really in the same ballpark as most of the workouts rated Inter/Advanced on Collage. It seems to me like the Leslie workouts have their own rating system.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 06:30 PM  
Sara1000

Where are ya'll seeing the bright set?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 06:31 PM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
Where are ya'll seeing the bright set?
For a brief time, there were photos of the shoot on Facebook.
Old 09-12-11, 09:14 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Leslie also has a couple of photos on her blog from the shoot. The set is big and white and has lots of walkers!

I am doing Leslie's Amp Up the Activity challenge and I am trying to do 4-5 miles a day (every day but Tuesday,when I do three.) So I am doing her 5 mile Fat Burning workout, and her original 5 mile Advanced Walk, the first 5-miler she came out with, the Express Super Challenge which is 4, and outdoor walks of 4-5 miles when I need a day off from Leslie. I don't LOVE doing Leslie for 5 miles, but I can do it.

I still like the sound of this one. I suspect Collage's time graph is not entirely correct. Even if it is, I am REALLY benefitting from doing long moderate workouts right now, I've actually lost a couple pounds without even trying in the past couple weeks (and I usually do when I commit to 60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week.) SO longer, moderate workouts seem to really work for me, and while I can't consistently do 75 minute workouts, let alone 88 minute workouts, I do love having them in my repertoire for those ME days when I can work out as long as I want to!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 mile walk, 5 really big miles, bat cave, burn body fat, laptop girl, leslie, leslie sansone, the big burn, walk slim